Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Announcements & Help   \   Midnight's Call   \   We've lost one of our best: Farewell, Aodhán.

Acquiescence
Celestial
class
Contributor
Name: Bonnie (F)
Style: Tyrant
This comes as a shock. It’s so hard to hear that someone so young has passed away, and that his presence won’t be felt again. I didn’t know Aodhán very well, but I know that he’ll be missed, and I know that I’ll miss him. He was such an enormous presence around the board – with his brilliant ideas and his amazing creations. He’ll be remembered for everything he has done, everything he created.

My heart goes out to his family and friends, to the people who knew him better than I did.

You’ll be missed!

02-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Premonition
Celestial
Empathic Sorrow
Contributor
Name: Justin (M)
Loss is unfair, and the loss of Aod is one that will be felt in the RP world and a space that may never be filled for his friends and family. My thoughts are with all of you and Aod's loved ones. I'm glad to see that his memory and work will be honored on the board going forward. I can't imagine he would have it any other way.
Down in the Valley with whiskey rivers
These are the places you will find me hidin'
These are the places I will always go

02-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Dreamscape
hostage to the light
Contributor
Name: Amy (F)
Style: Avengers
Even with an entire day at work to attempt to wrap my head around this, I'm still at a loss. I was never close to him, but after knowing someone for 12 years, you never really expect to lose them so tragically. It was an honor to work along side him, despite any disagreements we may have had in staff forums. I will always admire the work he did on this board, both technically, and creatively. So many brilliant ideas were spawned from his brain, and I don't know if people who never worked with him in a moderator capacity realize that. So much on this board, and past boards, is because of him.

It's simply weird to think that I won't see him around here anymore, and I hope he is at peace. My prayers go out to his family and friends. If this is teaching me anything, it's how important this wonderful little RP family is to me.
fear is a choice you embrace

02-18-2015, 12:58 AM
Blue Velvet
Magi
Young and Beautiful
Contributor
Name: Angelo (M)
It's so incredibly difficult to hear of such a loss. Aod's presence is seen in every inch of this board and I would just like to thank him for being such an instrumental part in creating a place, a world, that I have grown to love.

My thoughts are with his family and those who knew him the best.
Will You Still Love Me
When I'm No Longer
Young
&
Beautiful

02-18-2015, 01:13 AM
Vindicated
Renegade
You're familiar...
Contributor
Name: Mari (F)
Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.

You are loved, and you are missed beyond measure...
It's not fair to love you in chains.

02-18-2015, 08:19 AM
Obsidian
burning bright
Contributor
Name: Gina (F)
I spent a few of the early months being intimidated by Aodhán but it didn't take me long to realise how dedicated he was to everything he put his time to and with his creativity and inspiration there was always something new. I admired and respected him and I hope he realised how much love there was for him here from all of us. I don't mind admitting that I've shed more than a few tears finding the words to write this. However, it's nothing in comparison to the amount of times I've seen a post of Aod's and laughed so much. His style will truly be one I'll remember. The loss to those that knew Aod far better than I did will be massive.

For his family and friends, this must be a heartbreaking time. I hope you can all take solace in knowing that Aodhán made a difference in this world.
I keep forgetting I should let you go,
but when you look at me, the only memory,
is us kissing in the moonlight.

02-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Targaryen
Magi
Fire and Blood
Contributor
Name: Kieran (M)
Style: Sovereign
I was sad to hear of Aodhán passing, for someone so creative, so friendly and so dedicated to be gone so suddenly is hard to comprehend. I never really knew him on a personal level, but from the way he posted in threads it showed how he had a fantastic and lively personality, as well as a knack for playing creative characters. I have to admit when I first joined C:tP and saw Aod I was intimiated like others, but myself like others found him to be a very creative person and had grown to respect him. When I briefly worked as a Freelancer, the stuff Aod had done behind the scenes was but a fraction of the genius he was. Even with the work he had put into Eternal Conflict and the behind the scenes stuff he did on schemes most recently, it showed how much passion he had for this board.

My thoughts are with his family, friends and fellow RPers in this difficult time.
So this is farewell, the fight's final bell and I fall where I stand.
So give me your last hand, 'cause this is goodbye.

02-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Psy
It's been a while
I never thought the next time I posted here would be to say goodbye to a friend. We shared so many great years, so many good, fun memories. Aod was one of the most brilliant people I ever met. I was telling Chrissie that it felt like a page of my history has been ripped out. He was an important part of a huge chapter in my life, and the world is definitely a sadder place now. Rest in peace dear friend, I will miss you terribly.
Can we go on like it once was?

02-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Unforgiving
Kiss the Sun at Night
Contributor
Name: Jono (M)
Style: Purgatory
I never really knew Aodhan, and if anything we clashed so much. I do wish I'd had the chance to know the man so many people look up to and were friends with. My thoughts are with all his friends and family.

02-19-2015, 05:26 AM
Loki
Aquilae
counting stars
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
I've sort of been at a loss for a few days with trying to organize my thoughts and formulate them into 'good' words rather than half spun reflections. I'll admit that I initially responded with: what the hell?! how did this happen? why him? this sucks! Not how I would prefer to remember him. Likely I'll go on babbling, but here we go.

Aodhán was amazing, I think it's pretty obvious to grasp that fact from just the thoughts expressed about him here on the board thus far, even more so when you branch out to read postings and condolences via social media. He was an awesome person to plot with, create stories with, run ideas by, ask questions of, and it was so much fun when he got excited about a direction and ran with it. I never had the opportunity to meet him in person like others have, my interactions were limited to pm and chats, and I must confess that I am somewhat envious of those who got to know him personally. Here, he was always approachable - at least I thought him so - willing to listen and expand, offer his opinion, critique, share, inspire.

My thoughts have been much with his family and those close to him. I hope that as his absence has brought such loss, that their memories of him bring comfort in some form.

There was a passion that he possessed that I'm not sure can be replicated. He seemed sort of the spirit of the board. Or maybe 'guardian' is a better term. He was even always willing to shake things up when they went quiet, infusing vibrancy and change, new toys are always so much fun to play with. Ugh, there's just something that will be forever lacking in his absence and the world of creativity has lost quite the champion. I can only hope and imagine that he is once more setting to work before or behind scenes and drawing others into his tantalizing genius. And again, I would be envious of whoever gets to be caught in his web.
you are not alone
'cause someone's out there
sending out flares

02-20-2015, 03:29 AM