02-12-2008
08:50 AM
Remedy

Contributor
Coven:
02-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Gossip Girl [Post #1]
The privileged prep school teens on Manhatten's Upper East Side first learn that Serena Van Der Woodsen is back in town the way they learn all the important news in their lives -- from the blog of the all-knowing albeit ultra-secretive Gossip Girl. No one knows Gossip Girl's identity, but everyone in this exclusive and complicated vicious circle relies on her text messages for the latest scoop. Serena's closest friend, Blair, is just as surprised as everyone else to find that Serena has suddenly ended her self-imposed exile to boarding school and returned to Manhattan. The tension between Blair and Serena isn't lost on Gossip Girl, who is determined to uncover and fuel any and all scandals. Does it involve Serena's brother Eric, Blair's boyfriend Nate or Nate's buddy Chuck? Maybe it has something to do with Dan and his sister Jenny, whose middle-class background keeps them on the fringes of this exclusive clique. Even the parents -- from Serena's mother Lily, a former ballerina/rock-groupie, to Nate's highpowered father Howie to Dan and Jenny's dad Rufus, a former rocker turned art gallery owner -- are aware that their sons and daughters are constantly checking their Sidekicks to read Gossip Girl's latest sightings and overheard tidbits. Overriding all the shifting friendships, jealousies and turmoil in this wealthy and complex world, the central mystery remains -- Who is Gossip Girl?

Based on the popular series of young-adult novels by Cecily von Ziegesar.

With an end to the three-month-old WGA strike imminent, the networks have quietly begun outlining plans to salvage what's left of the current TV season. Keep in mind that the following information remains extremely tentative and is subject to change (and probably will). Gossip Girl is expected to shoot up to 9 new episodes to air in April/May/June. SOURCE

Is anyone else a fan of this show? I never read the books when they were popular, but there was so much hype around this show that I just had to tune in when it premiered. Now I can't help it, I'm hooked! I can't wait until April for new episodes.

I was definitely a Chuck/Blair shipper since almost day one. I never liked her or Serena with Nate. Him and Jenny seem to connect though so I wouldn't mind seeing them get together next season, if the show is renewed.
02:13 AM
Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'

Contributor
Name: November (Nate) (M)
Coven: ERT
04-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Blaire is just the best!

I'm on episode 4 of my delayed Marathon starting form the first episode but O.M.G this show rocks!

Agreeing with you there Vanessa, Chuck and Blaire seem equally destructive.. they'd be a little b!tchy couple!

Such an awesome show can't wait for more!
09:10 AM
Teen Idle

Contributor
Name: Carly (F)
Coven: MotC
04-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I lobe this show, I think I've seen all of the first season and I love it. I think Blair and Chuck go well together as do Serena and Dan

I really like Jenny and Nate but I think he's a bit old for her.

From what I can tell new Gossip Girls episodes are due to start airing on the 21st of this month in the US.
04-22-2008
11:10 AM
Insomniatic
Name: Rhi (F)
Coven: ADA - 1
04-22-2008, 11:10 AM
I love Gossip Girl, though I'm extremely far behind as I'm on a UK schedule - we're reaching episiode 5 on Thursday. But I adore it already - Blair's definitely my favourite so far, there's just so much to her. I also love the Humphreys, and Rufus/Lily is incredibly intriguing.
05-08-2008
10:07 PM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Coven: A7A
Style: Sovereign
05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok it took a long time for me to actually really get into this show? But now I am hooked And guess who my fave char is?

bury my heart next to yours
05-09-2008
11:42 PM
Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'

Contributor
Name: November (Nate) (M)
Coven: ERT
05-09-2008, 11:42 PM
I can't imagine who that would be Chrissie. Awesome av btw

I am so eager for the next ep, especially after the last. *Wants to see Blaire's reaction*
12:12 AM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
05-10-2008, 12:12 AM
I love me some Chuck! And thanks, Nate.

07-16-2008
10:43 PM
Death and all his Friends

Contributor
Name: Migdalia (F)
Coven:
07-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Is there a Vbulletin board for this show...cause if not i would like to gather with a few people to create one. This show is just too hot to not have one
09-01-2008
12:07 AM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
09-01-2008, 12:07 AM
There used to be one. If there is now, I dunno

And I can't wait for S2. About time it's September so all the shows come back on air. The stills for the season premier look really good!

03-19-2010
07:06 PM
Fire and Blood

Contributor
Name: Kieran (M)
Coven: FGB II
03-19-2010, 07:06 PM
*Bumps*

I have to say that whilst I am glad that we're getting a fourth season of GossipGirl, I'm a little disappointed with some of the storylines in season three.

I hope season four turns out to be much better.