Midnight Shadows Distraction & Recreation The Reliquary Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer

06-05-2008
12:46 PM
your light in the mist

Contributor
Name: Ellie (F)
Coven: FGB - 5T
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Sure, the casting could be way better, I guess. But I think they did a good job with the casting. I really did like the trailer, it seems interesting, but after... lots of watching, it does seem to have something missing. Can't really place my finger on what really

The scene was great, I was sitting and staring at the screen for a moment before noticing it was over. I loved it. I think the movie is going to be great. Well, at least I hope it will be great, but it seems that it's going to be, so I'm not worried. I'm more worried for my boyfriend's sanity when my fangirl breaks lose.
02:56 PM
two souls in a ghost town
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Coven: WAR7ORD
06-05-2008, 02:56 PM
After watching the trailer, then saw the scheme, then saw the preview clip, I finally went to go buy the first book and finished it yesterday. I'm seriously infatuated with the story! Maybe it's because I'm a newcomer and saw the movie images before reading the book, but it was easy for me to picture the actors they chose for Edward and Bella. lol

The rest of the actors that they chose for the Cullens, though, for some reason, didn't click to me. The guy they chose for Charlie, too.

Haven't ever seen a movie that I liked more than the book, but I do hope the movie stays entertaining and true to most of it.

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got
06-05-2008
02:58 PM
playing for free

Contributor
Name: Tom (M)
Coven: FGB:1
06-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't have too much issues in regards to casting, except that I don't think that Nikki Reed is pretty enough for Rosalie. Not to say that she's ugly but Rosalie's meant to be this wondrously attractive woman and I just don't think that Nikki is . *shall continue to imagine Clémense Poésy as Rosalie *

expensive lies, but you're playing for free

06-05-2008
09:47 PM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Coven: A7A
Style: Sovereign
06-05-2008, 09:47 PM
No no no! To me Rosalie will always be a long-haired Katherine Heigl. I know Katherine's a bit too old but in my head when reading the book I usually saw a younger version of her?

bury my heart next to yours
06-10-2008
09:00 AM
Teen Idle

Contributor
Name: Carly (F)
Coven: MotC
06-10-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm not too keen on the casting. I think Bella is cast well but I'm still not sure about Edward, he's not as good looking as I imagined when reading the book.
06-10-2008
10:20 AM
your light in the mist

Contributor
Name: Ellie (F)
Coven: FGB - 5T
06-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm sure I will be more bugged about the casting when I see the movie. I'm usually like that, because I want to give them a chance first.

And damn, when will New Moon arrive. Grr. It's taking god knows to long time. Hmpft. :/

eta: ooh, just checked my email. they have sent it now. finally.
08:41 PM
Swan Song

Contributor
Name: Cornelia (F)
Coven: 6
06-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I agree that Nikki Reed doesn't seem as gorgeous as Rosalie should be. I guess I can imagine Clemence being her, but I also have this amazing picture of Katherine Heigl that I think would show how fitting she could be for Rosalie. That pic is just absolutely heavenly
But loving him was red
06-11-2008
12:59 AM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Coven: A7A
Style: Sovereign
06-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Awesome picture, Corni. And pictures of her like the one you linked is exactly why I see her as Rosalie. As an actress Heigl is too old for Twilight, but I still don't see anyone fitting Rosalie like she does. And I think Heigl could pull off a Rosalie that would work so nicely. Keep the façade but betray the underlying depth.

bury my heart next to yours
06-12-2008
06:14 PM
two souls in a ghost town
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Coven: WAR7ORD
06-12-2008, 06:14 PM
I saw an interview where Nikki Reed was saying something like it's hard to be Rosalie because of how she's described as sooooo beautiful. Gotta agree with her because I don't think anyone will ever agree on someone being so universally and supremely beautiful. XD

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got
06-17-2008
05:29 PM
Blood Ties
Name: Jules (F)
Coven:
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm lucky on the casting part. I only heard about the books through the film, so I never really had any other picture in my mind for the characters in the book other than the actors chosen. Personally, I think there ok.

The trailer and scene shot looks fab. I seriously can't wait for it to come out!!

I love the books!! I think Twilight would have to be my favorite!! I can't wait for Midnight Sun, which is Twilight from Edward's point of view!