Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Other] Back in Time [Joy / Leif]

06-10-2019
11:10 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
06-10-2019, 11:10 AM
[In-Character] [Post #21]
Leif felt like an idiot; he should have just stopped Joy from leaving his room like that. He shouldn’t have let it end like it had, because now it was even more fucked up. Her apology still ran through his mind, and he had wanted to yank her back on the bed and kiss her until he had erased those words. Never be sorry, Steve. He wanted to tell her. Not for the things that happened between them.

And then he had walked in on her and Xander. The latter flirting with Joy and it had done something very vicious to Leif. It had squeezed his heart, and rage had filled him.

He wanted to tear Xander’s head off for talking to Joy like that. For touching her. It had scared the living fuck out of him and he had backed out of the kitchen, almost running into Benji when he had.

That emotion had reminded him so much of how his father would behave in their time. And he would not become his father. Never.

Shooting hoops had erased some of that tension, talking to Benji had erased the rest. The man had been right, he should just talk to her. Talk to his best friend who had been in his bed and had given herself over to him. He should have stopped after that kiss, should not have given in to that little voice that demanded he took more and tasted her fully.

But he had, and now the dam had broken. Feelings, ones he had no idea he even had, were there and he had no idea how to handle them. Except, when he had gone in search of Joy after his shower and he had run into her with Xander again.

This time however they were taking it much further than flirting. Kissing. That asshole was kissing her.

White hot fury filled him, but instead of acting on it in that moment. He had breathed out her name, his voice laced with pain and disbelief. He had misted out, he needed to leave, needed to be away from this place. So he had found himself on top of the building, clouds had darkened and the wind had picked up.

He had screamed at the sky, lightning had crashed down and his chest ached. After a while the lightning had stopped, but rain fell down hard. He hadn’t even noticed the figure that had emerged on the roof with him.

“Hey man, I’m sorry.” Xander’s voice reached him and that fury returned. Leif snapped his head towards him. “I didn’t know.”
“Fuck you, Xander.” He growled and went at him. His fist connected with Xander’s cheek and the younger man snapped his head back.
“That one is for free.” He said, but Leif ignored him as he went in for another. Xander stopped him but Leif had the strength of a God behind him and Xander ended up at the other side of the roof. Dazed he stood up, shaking his head to clear it, his hands lit up with energy. “You wanna fight?” He snarled at Leif. “Come on then, asshole.”

Leif growled and pushed himself off and towards Xander who used his energy beams to shoot at him.
11:24 AM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
06-10-2019, 11:24 AM
[In-Character] [Post #22]
Joy was running. Fast. Putting her strength and endurance into it. Up on the roof, Benji had said. Fix it, he had added as they had all – everyone present in the foyer at that time – had looked up towards the ceiling. Thunder was rolling in. A shudder raced through the entire building. It almost groaned under the change in air pressure outside.

So now, she was making her way upwards, leaping up entire stair cases in one bound as she worked her way towards the nearest rooftop exist. Her heart was pounding in her chest, heavily so. She was nervous, her palms sweaty. She had put herself so far away from Leif that she was certain seeing her right now would only make things worse.

In her own, blind reaction to the pain of being rejected she had paid him back tenfold. And where as he had done the right thing that night, she had made bad choices ever since.

And yet, instinct and reflex suggested she run the other way. Not towards Leif.

Still, here she was, and eventually she took the door clean off the hinges as she barged through it. For a moment, she couldn’t breathe. Xander was sailing towards then crashing into a low wall. Leif looked so much like his father in that moment – Joy knew he would be terrified if he could see himself right about now. She rushed to his side, on his knees to check on the man who’d just gone down for a moment.

Then she pushed at Xander’s hands as he was firing energy bolts at Leif. “Stop!” she bellowed. The idea of anyone attacking Leif just did not sit well with her. It was like a punch to her gut. Xander barely saw her. Granted, the guy was one hell of a kisser. And his flirting skills were surprisingly good and effective no less – but strangely enough, Joy had no problem in this moment to place her loyalty.

She would always side with the tall, dark and handsome demi-god.

“Leif”, she said, her voice drowned out by the winds whipping around her. Her hair was everywhere and she had trouble moving forward. “Leif, please … look what you’re doing.” She tried, wondering whether there even was an angle to approach him from right now. Or would her presence alone make it all worse?

bury my heart next to yours
06-10-2019
11:51 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
06-10-2019, 11:51 AM
[In-Character] [Post #23]
Leif turned intangible for a moment to let the beams go through him as he sailed towards the other man. He grabbed him by the shoulders and tossed him over his head, but Xander corrected his fall and stopped himself by hovering only inches from the edge.

“That all you got?” He taunted Leif, and shot several beams off, making them bounce off several objects on the roof.
Leif snarled, only missing a few of them as he in his blind rage, went at Xander again. The lightning was back, cracking through the sky and thundering loudly around them. The vision of Joy kissing anybody but him, it made him unreasonable. He wanted to erase it, wanted to erase Xander and that alone should have scared him. Thinking these thoughts, they weren’t like him.

He had done everything in his power to never become like his father but in this moment, all those self-taught mantras went out of the window.

“I told you I didn’t know!” Xander shouted at him but Leif refused to listen. He turned to flame and shot fire bolts at the other man who barely missed them. “Really?” He yelped, patting down the flames licking at his jeans.

Leif turned back to himself and used the wind to knock Xander back, the other man too occupied with the flames to notice. He went sailing and crashed into a low wall. His eyes were fixed on the man down, and then there she was.

Joy. And she was goddamn checking on Xander if he was okay. A low growl escaped from his chest, energy beams coming towards him but he easily dismissed them by becoming intangible. The winds were whipping around them, lightning cracking in the sky but her voice was as clear as sky as it reached him.

He turned his gaze to her, she looked like a goddess standing there. The wind holding her back and he didn’t like that.

“What I’m doing?” He yelled at her. The rain fell hard, painfully so as it conveyed the way he was feeling right now. “You love me, and you kiss him…” He was so confused. Thunder roared through the sky, cracking loudly.

“Why, Joy? Why would you go through the motions of making me feel and then…” He stopped, not wanting to repeat what he had seen. What had put them here to begin with.

“You fucking kissed him!” He snarled anyway, a bolt crashing down onto the roof behind him.

“Why open that door if you didn’t want me to go through it?” Because he didn’t understand why she had changed the way things had been between them, only to destroy it completely. Another bolt crashed into the roof. Everything that had been certain in his life had revolved around her, and she had taken it all away. And then another bolt…
12:15 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
06-10-2019, 12:15 PM
[In-Character] [Post #24]
The low growl had gotten carried over to her. And now she could see the perpetual snarl drawn on his face. Her kind-mannered, gentle giant of a man. Her best friend. The man who had been a friend only to turn into something else, something more. Joy still felt barely old enough to believe that she could interest a man like him for her. He was ten years older. He had women looking at him who were more … of everything.

And yet, he had kissed her. He had kissed her in a way no guy had ever kissed her. Not any of the fellows she had dated, not Xander. Kissing the guy had been fun, in a way. Kissing Leif … Joy drew in a breath as her lips parted in reflex. The memory of kissing him made her heart ache. Warring emotions – of hurt, of betrayal, of loneliness, of abandonment. Was that how being an adult worked? She would find herself tossed into the middle of conflicting feelings and be left alone trying to figure them out?

The flush took her cheeks as she remembered so vividly the last time she had been close to Leif. There was nothing of her now that he had not seen.

And yet, he had rejected her. It still hurt more than she wanted to admit to.

Joy pushed ahead, forcing one step in front of the other as she fought her way through the currents and towards the man in their middle. Her gaze never left him. He was wild – wild as the storm he had built around himself. Wild with hurt, anger, confusion – so much like her own. His words were honest – brutally so. And she flinched every now and then, but allowed that reflex to be followed up by a nod. She deserved what he was saying.

Her hair was fast becoming drenched – same for her top and the jeans she was wearing. A shiver raced through her but she did not feel the cold due to her genetic make up. Joy couldn’t help that she adored what she saw – it touched her, made her heart bleed for him even if his bled because of her. But that he was showing her … allowing her to see like this.

Jenna’s words returned to her. He wouldn’t mind the kiss if he didn’t feel things similar to her own.

A bolt of lightning crashed into the roof top not more than three feet from her. Joy swallowed, eyeing the blackened spot, then redirecting her gaze to Leif. He breathed in, her heart still hammering. She felt shame, felt sorrow. She did not feel fear. Not even as a second bolt crashed down. Leif would yell at her, probably push her back until kingdom came with the torrents he could create – but he would not hurt her.

“Leif … I’m sorry.” She said, as she took yet another step.

Joy closed her eyes, taking one step at a time – never stopping in her motion forward. Some of her hair was plastered to her face, some of it a wet mess down her back. She blinked, then wiped at the raindrops in her lashes. Or were they?

“I don’t know when I fell for you”, she said, hoping Xander chose the moment to just get the hell away from the roof. Especially since she would join Leif’s side in this fight. “Half a year ago? Maybe a little more …” She felt the heat in her cheeks increase. “Me … little Josie Barnes. The girl you call Steve. The girl with a guy’s name for a nickname. The girl who’s ten years younger. I was still playing Barbies when you became an adult.”

Only three yards between them now.

“I was so confused that night … and I turned to you, like I always do …” She offered him a smile. “And I couldn’t …” She pushed another step forward. “It hurt so much when you said no …” She swallowed against tears that wanted to rise. Or had they already? “I’d have given you everything and you said no… to me … to the person who’s just your stand-in kid sister anyway. Scrawny little Josie Barnes whose face is too long and whose eyebrows are too thick and who couldn’t even find a fuckin’ date for prom night.”

Joy winced when she brought that up. Leif had gone with her, and they had all thought that she was showing up hanging off of the arm of one of the chaperones.

“I was hurt”, she admitted, closing the gap between them to no more than three feet now. Joy found herself in the eye of Leif’s storm with him now. “I wanted to hurt you back”, she breathed, apologetically so.

06-10-2019
12:44 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
06-10-2019, 12:44 PM
[In-Character] [Post #25]
They were alone on the roof now, he had sensed Xander leaving the moment Joy had turned her attention to Leif, and he had let the other man go. His focus solely on her in this moment. It would always be that for him, he only now realised that it was more than just friendship between them. In time he would have figured it out, would have figured out that there was more, but as always Joy had pulled him up to her level of existence and made him see… made him feel.

He was hurting, badly so, the weather around them conveying just that. Something he always tried to keep under control but failing miserably so now.

Gritting his teeth, he watched her inch slowly towards him. Her words carrying towards him as he made the wind drop enough for them to do so. She started to explain when her own feelings had changed, when she had decided that he was worth being in love with.

He had been the one to give her that nickname, in a way, making it something special between them. Just them. It was how he saw the world, him and her fighting against the injustice in it. And then she had changed the course of them, she had kissed him, asked him for more and he had said no. He felt shame, shame that he hadn’t stopped her from leaving his room the way she did.

If she only knew how he had struggled so hard to not give in, to give her everything she wanted in that moment…

But he had let her go, had let her escape his room and now they were here on this roof where lightning bolts attacked it with every beat of his heart.

He shook his head ever so slightly; he had never seen her like that. She was his Joy, literally so. She made him see the world in a brighter view, she was there for him always. Even in his darker periods where he was so scared of turning out to be so much like his father. She had been there, she had seen the worst of him.

Even now…

He had hurt her, and she had hurt him back.

“I kissed you back, Joy.” He softly said, trying to make her see that she was most definitely not a stand-in kid sister. He took two long strides forward, closing the distance between them and looked down in her wet face. His hand came up, his thumb swiping at the wetness there. “I said no because I couldn’t be selfish and take something from you when you were so distraught.”

His eyes moved between hers, those beautiful browns that looked at him like he wasn’t an oddity in this world.

“It was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. Say no to you.” He breathed out, the thunder easing down to just rumbles.

“You made me realise something that night, Josephine Barnes…” A smile curled on his lips. “… all I want is you.” And he would do anything in his power to make that happen. And with that realisation he lowered his head and pushed his lips against hers, the rain stopping in that moment and the sun slowly breaking through.
01:08 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
06-10-2019, 01:08 PM
[In-Character] [Post #26]
I kissed you back, he said, the words a reminder that brought instant goosebumps to her skin. That he had. Why had she not given that small fact the weight it deserved? He had kissed her back, had allowed her to hope, to wish for … had allowed her to believe. But she had been too blind that night to see things for what they really were. Leif had done her a favour.

Everything he said was true, and yet she had so vindictively lashed out simply because she had not gotten what she wanted. And then Leif closed the gap between them. His tall, lean and strong form suddenly back against hers. It instantly did something to her. Joy gasped. Her head tilted back and she looked up at the man she was so deeply in love with.

She had never known a guy to be like him. Feelings under all that hard and brooding exterior. Feelings he would show her. She knew of his fears, the deepest and darkest ones he hid so well. He wondered whether Thor even knew how passionate and kind of a son he had.

The commotion around them quieted, as his presence became more and more pronounced in her perception. The storm quieted, she realised. He was calming down. Joy felt a small smile tugging up one side of her lips just before Leif inclined his head and his lips found hers. A small, high-pitched sound of surprise escaped her as her hands came up around his neck. She pushed her lips against him with equal strength.

Joy felt the shift in the air temperature as the February sun pushed back through clouds. Parting her lips, she welcomed his tongue as it sought entrance into her mouth. She met it with hers, as she pulled herself further against Leif’s form, onto her toes. The kiss was slow, somewhat explorative, only hinting at the passion Joy knew Leif was capable of.

Eventually, a shiver raced across her – one that, this time around, did have to do with the cold. She was resistant to cold and extreme heat but not impervious. Wet hair in these temperatures would eventually chase a chill even into her bones. Joy broke the kiss, but left her face just inches from Leif’s. If she had her way, she would not let him out her reach for the rest of the day. Or week … or year?

She pulled her hand to the side of his face, her thumb stroking through the dark, thick growth there. “I’m sorry, I hurt you…”, she said, her gaze switching back and forth between his eyes. “Could we go back inside now? I’m cold.” She offered him a small smile paired with a blush blossoming on her cheeks. “Can we go to your room?” Joy just wanted to be alone with him. Have him all to herself, and make up for all the time lost since that night. “I think I’d like to spend the rest of the day kissing you.”

06-10-2019
01:28 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
06-10-2019, 01:28 PM
[In-Character] [Post #27]
She accepted his kiss so willingly, kissed him back with such ferocity that it took away his breath. She opened her mouth, let him in and he swept his tongue inside against hers. Seeking, exploring in a slow way. All he wanted to do was explore. To find out what she liked, what would make her gasp, what would make her moan. He wanted to make her fully his, make her see that she was none of those things she saw herself as.

She was gorgeous, he had always thought so but he saw it now from a different light. Joy had opened up his eyes, made him see beyond the veil of just friendship.

And he wanted it all. Because he could not think of a world where she was not in it.

He pushed her closer to his body, felt the shiver run down hers and he knew that they were basically standing outside soaking wet. Even he was starting to feel the cold.

Joy broke the kiss, his heart was thudding in his chest as he just looked at her. There was another apology from her. “It’s okay.” It had been him who had gone off like a nuclear bomb, he should be the one apologising to Xander for his behaviour. Which he would. Eventually. For now though… His attention was solely on Joy, her question if they could go to his room bringing forth a smile on his lips.

As a response to her next statement, he stepped back, took her hand and ushered her over the roof, through the door, down the stairs, through a hallway, down another set of stairs until he closed the door to his bedroom behind him.

Looking at her for a few seconds, he closed the distance once more between them. Cupping her face, he pressed his lips against hers and could feel the chill on them.

“You’re cold, Steve.” He murmured against her lips. Which wasn’t so ridiculous since they were still wearing their wet clothing. “I should warm you up.” His hands travelled down her soaking wet shirt, grabbing at the hem and slowly starting to lift them up.

“Would you let me warm you up?” He asked stopping his upward motion of getting her shirt off, his gaze flicking back and forth between her eyes.

He had decided though, that if she asked him this time, he wouldn’t say no. He would give her everything she wanted from him.
01:43 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
06-10-2019, 01:43 PM
[In-Character] [Post #28]
Everything that followed her question came straight out of a movie. A sequence of things rushed into a few seconds. Before Joy knew it, she stood in Leif’s room once more and the door was closed behind them. This time, however, there was daylight and she wasn’t bawling her eyes out. Her father was awake and apparently spending time with her mother. And she? She had just told Leif Thorson that she was in love with him.

His response had been a kiss.

Joy felt the butterflies in her stomach as Leif’s gaze roamed her. There was a glance in his eyes that she had never seen there before. His look on her had shifted. He was seeing her with new eyes. And then he closed the distance, his hands cupping the sides of her face. Joy breathed in, her hands finding his wrists.

Shivering, she nodded when spoke next, telling her that she was cold. Then nodded again when Leif continued, saying how he ought to warm her up. Joy swallowed, her heart beating faster when his hands travelled to the hem of her shirt. Slowly, he pulled the sodden wet thing upward. His question hung there between them for a moment and Joy felt all but breathless.

She reached her hands upwards over her head, indicating for him to do as he had indicated. He pulled the shirt up and off of her. Her bra was equally soaked, and goosebumps erupted all over her exposed skin. “Yes”, she breathed out, her hands travelling to the buckle of his belt as she slowly started to undo it.

“I want it … with you”, she murmured, as she pulled the belt free from the buckle and then undid the buttons of his jeans.

Then another shiver took her, this time stronger – and she sneezed.

06-11-2019
08:05 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
06-11-2019, 08:05 AM
[In-Character] [Post #29]
He didn’t need more incentive than her lifting her arms up for him. He pulled the shirt up and away and it fell behind him with a thud, her hands were on his buckle, undoing it quickly. He lifted his own shirt over his head, getting rid of it in the same fashion. Like hers it made a thud sound when it fell to the floor.

His jeans buttons were already undone, and he repaid the favour with hers. His heart was beating loudly in his chest, emotions rolling through him like he had never felt before.

“You’re not getting sick on me, are you Steve?” He murmured, gently pushing her backwards onto the bed until she was in such a position that he could easily hook his fingers around the waistband and tug her jeans past her hips, down her legs until it joined the wet mess on the floor.

Leif looked at her hungrily, the daylight providing a different view than he had from the night before.

She was still gorgeous.

He pushed down his own jeans, and then crawled onto the bed with her. He scooted them up until he could pull the covers over their bodies and use his own body heat to start warm her up.

His fingers trailed over her body, skimming over her skin and it felt like caressing silk. Lowering his head, he took her mouth in a possessive kiss, already his heart was telling him that she belonged to him. That she had always belonged to him.

Finally realising that he had probably fallen in love with her a long time ago but never realised that this was it. That this was what being in love felt like.

Breaking the kiss, he looked at her, letting her words run through his mind and he swallowed. His gaze searched hers. “Are you sure?” He asked her, his larger hand splayed over her hip, pulling her even closer to him.
08:10 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
06-11-2019, 08:10 PM
[In-Character] [Post #30]
Joy let herself be pushed down onto the bed behind her. That same bed. That same room. The same man, no less. And yet, this situation could not have been more different. The gloomy, otherworldly despair she had felt the night before was gone. The weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. Her dad was awake. Possibly not a-okay but he was on the mend – at least Benji had assured her of it. And her mom was fighting her way back. Joy had accepted that in this moment it was probably more than she could ask for.

So the worry was gone. No added weight on her shoulders, only her own heart, aching for the man now getting undressed along with her. Joy couldn’t help it. She felt giddy, a perpetual smile on her smile. The idea that this was really happening. This man … he was here … undressing, with and for her … to do be with her. To be with her.

Joy wanted to giggle uncontrollably. She wanted to stick it to her former class mates. She would have this man. No matter the age difference. They were both now entering a range that made ten years appear much shorter than a half or full decade ago.

Joy let her eyes roam across his bare chest. The soft growth of chest hair – dark strands curling on his sternum and across the expanse framed by his shoulders. A demi-god. And he looked every bit the part of it. His words prompted her as he pushed her back onto the bed. Joy lifted her feet and let him pull the pants off of her. She was only in her panties now. Once more.

“I don’t know”, she responded and sneezed again. Then she watched silently when he pushed down his jeans, stepping out of them before he came to her – his larger, stronger and warmer body suddenly over her. She let him move her, easily following his motions. The covers came over them and she could feel his heat trapped between them. Could he feel the rhythm of her heart? Could he tell that she was nervous? Was this real? She could barely believe it.

His finger danced across her skin. Joy exhaled, closed her eyes and just felt.

This was it, she realised. It would happen. Her status as a virgin would end. Finally.

Not something she easily would give away – otherwise, Joy knew, she would not be a virgin at the age of twenty when most of her peers had given it up at fourteen or fifteen. Or possibly earlier. And yet, she was ready for it. It was time. She wanted to know. And more than that, she wanted to normalise it. The longer she waited, Joy felt, the bigger the issue became. Sex was a part of life. She wanted that life for herself.

That she would have her first time with the man in front her, it was a bonus. How many of those peers could say for themselves that they had given themselves to someone they truly loved; to someone who truly cared for them?

Leif’s lips found hers and Joy could feel herself moan softly. There was possessiveness in every last one of his moves. Possessiveness – for her. It made her shiver. Could this actually be real? Was the girl who could have her own wish come true like this? His tongue was demanding but not insistent. It was adamant but not forceful. He simply left no question to any of this. He wanted her.

He wanted her.

Then eventually, he broke that kiss and Joy found herself breathless. She worked hard to get air back into her longs as he wanted to know whether she was certain. Joy snapped her mouth shut, her lips tingling with the exquisite sensation of his kiss. “Will it hurt?” The question was less an inquiry to get information but more a signal for him that she had heard conflicting accounts. Some said they had hardly noticed. Others had bled badly. Joy had no idea how it would be for her.

“Just be gentle”, she said. The rough variety could wait till later. For now, she needed it gentle and careful and attentive. Sex was not yet means to an end for her.

“And yes, I’m sure … I want it to be with you”, she eventually reassured him, pushing her hip against his touch. Then a smile spread on her lips. “Can you do that with your tongue again? That was amazing…”, she asked and blushed.