Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Other] Easy To Lie [Nate / Eva]

06-30-2019
07:51 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
06-30-2019, 07:51 PM
[In-Character] [Post #101]
Eva watched her man, watched him go through a few emotions and all she could do was be there for him while he worked through them. He leaned into her touch and what he said next made her push up in a sitting position and she placed her other hand on his other cheek, making him look at her.

“I don’t think she will.” Eva told him smiling. “And if she does say no, she’ll come around.” Her thumbs caressed his cheeks softly. “You took the first step then at least. It is up to her if she wants to take it.”

She scooted closer to him, tilting her head a little as she looked at him when he confessed that he missed his sister. “I know, love.” She gave him a soft, gentle kiss on the lips and then pulled back.

“I’m sure she misses you too but is probably too stubborn to give in to.” Her eyes lit up a little as she looked at him. “Must be a Coleman thing.” She sounded amused saying it, remembering the first week of when they had been rescued and he had avoided her at all cost. How his stubbornness had lasted a week before he had decided that he missed Eva too much.

She gently coaxed him in lying down so she could snuggle into his arms.

“So, you’re ex-wife…” Eva started, a smile trying to break free on her lips. “… what happened there?” Because in all that time he hadn’t mentioned her, and tonight he had dropped her twice in the conversation. He had even mentioned Carol without hesitation, Eva called that progress.

“Unless you have talked enough about family for the night.” She yawned, betraying her own state of mind.
09:20 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
06-30-2019, 09:20 PM
[In-Character] [Post #102]
One of his dates – Nathan had met with the woman regularly for well over three months – had eventually accused him of being something close to a nymphomaniac. Nathan didn’t quite see it that way. Well, yes, he certainly enjoyed the physical component of a relationship – and usually he would lead with the detail. That woman then had somewhat not taken him seriously. She had found it annoyed to have him wake her in the middle of the night. To talk, and have sex in between. Now and then.

Eva had welcomed his sex drive from day one. But what was more important, she had welcomed the talking. So often she just humoured his somewhat erratic habits. And he could not love her more for it.

Her kiss to his lips was soft and tender. It made Nathan’s eyes follow her when she pulled back. Then he chuckled when she insisted that being stubborn ran in the Coleman family. “You think?” he asked rhetorically. Then he followed her direction, and eventually found himself lying down on their bed, right next to her. Nathan pulled a blanket over them.

“Typhany”, he supplied her name, realising now too, that he had not yet told Eva about that part of his life. Eva went on, giving him the option for an out. Once more something he so incredibly appreciated about her. “I … no, that’s fine”, he said but had to stifle a yawn. “She said my heart was never free. She wanted from me what I couldn’t give her. I guess … I never really worked through the break up with Carol.”

He sucked in air, his eyes scanning hers in the half-darkness. Nathan brought a hand up, his fingertips dancing across the skin of her cheeks before he cupped the side of her face. “She knew … and eventually she decided she did not want to fight a ghost …” Pain flashed across Nathan’s face. Regret to a degree. He had hurt Typh. Stolen time from her life she could have spent with someone who was free, and able to give her what she sought.

Oddly enough, it had taken his captivity and meeting Eva in her disguise to fully accept that it was time to finally let her go.

bury my heart next to yours
06-30-2019
10:26 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
06-30-2019, 10:26 PM
[In-Character] [Post #103]
Okay so his ex-wife’s name was Typhany. She snuggled further into his arms, letting the warmth of the blanket envelope her even more. The fact that he was opening up to her about all of this made her extremely happy. It meant that he was finally starting to get some closure. Something he desperately needed, even if he hadn’t seen it himself yet.

Eva had time, nothing but, it was her ability after all and she was more than willing to wait him out and give him the time and space to work through his problems. All she did was be there for him, listen and give advice if he wanted it.

So, now they had landed on the topic of his ex-wife and he didn’t shy away from it. Instead he told her about the woman thought that his heart had never been free. And Eva figured out what that meant even before he put it into words. Carol. He hadn’t been over his break up the first time around.

Looking up into his face, his fingers skimmed her cheek and little shivers of delight danced over her skin before he cupped her face. Typhany had given up fighting for him. Something Eva didn’t understand.

How could one not fight for this man? Her own hand snuck up, fingertips brushing lightly over his chin and she gave him a comforting smile.

“I’m sorry it had to end like that with her, but it brought you onto my path. For that I’m not sorry.” Because she would hold on to this man for the rest of her life.

“It’s a good thing I’m a very patient woman.” She murmured, because it could have turned out the same way for her if she had been like Typhany and given up on waiting for him. He had still been in love with Carol, but Eva knew that given time he would come around. And her heart had already been his, even if he hadn’t realised it yet.

She had planted a seed and had waited for it to grow. And where Typhany had left, Eva had waited because she had made up her mind that she wanted this man and would stop at nothing to get him.

Eva yawned again, her eyes drifting to the alarm clock and wasn’t surprised to see it was already four in the morning. “Sleep?” She asked him.
07:35 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
07-02-2019, 07:35 PM
[In-Character] [Post #104]
Nathan felt a smile on his lips at her words. That was definitely a way to see life. Don’t regret what it didn’t bring. Instead be happy about what it did. Nathan had always looked back with a certain degree of regret. Two serious relationship that just had not succeeded. No children. No family. And yet that failure had brought her to him – and now, he knew of a future in which she had become his happily ever after.

Again that thought … what if he just stuck that ring on her finger.

“I agree”, he said to her remark of being patient. “Also a forgiving one.” Otherwise she probably would have turned her back on him before things had had an actual chance to develop.

“Typh made the right choice. She moved on. She drew the line and looked for something that was healthier for her than I was at the time. I’m glad she cut me off. I know now that we would have made each other miserable in the end.” He sighed, pushing a kiss to the top of Eva’s head. “She wasn’t Carol … and at the time, I wanted Carol. I never got over letting her go.”

Nathan let his mind wander back. That was a truth he had, at the time, been unable to admit to himself. He had tried to convince Typhany and himself that they were meant to be. That it was right. “She’s married again. Her wife is great. They both are.” He smiled fondly.

The frequency of Eva’s yawning increased. Nathan noticed her surprised look at the alarm clock. His own followed her. He quirked an eyebrow, yawned as well. When she asked about finally sleeping he nodded and pulled their blanket up a little further. “Eva …”, he started, then smiled as he took a breath.

“What do you think … is marriage in the cards for us?”

He wondered whether she had heard about what the future supposedly held in store for them.

07-02-2019
10:32 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
07-02-2019, 10:32 PM
[In-Character] [Post #105]
She was so tired, sleep was trying to pull her under but Nathan’s voice stopped her from actually succumbing to it. Eva loved hearing him talk, the low timbre of his voice, it brought her to her happy place. The one where she felt safe, wanted and loved. All by this man. He had done that for her, by finally accepting the inevitable … that he was in love with her as well.

When he had finally uttered those words to her… she had kept smiling for days. It had been all worth it. Hearing him say it, all the horrible things she had gone through, she would have done it all again just to end up with Nathan.

And yes Eva had been very patient, she knew that Carol had been an issue but she had been willing to wait and see how long he needed to come to the conclusion that he wasn’t in love with Carol herself, but in love with the idea of Carol. That he needed to put his focus elsewhere, and preferably with Eva.

“I’m glad she found love again.” Eva murmured when he mentioned his ex got married again. Another yawn, this time bigger than before and he pulled the blankets higher up. Eva snuggled up tighter to him and let her eyes fall close.

He spoke her name but she didn’t want to open her eyes. “Hmm?” She answered, her brain already half shutting down.

Is marriage in the cards for us?

The words pierced the veil of darkness and her eyes flashed open. Gone was the urge to fall asleep as she tried to process what he had just said. Marriage. For them. Eva shifted, trying to turn her head so she could look up at him and try to catch his eyes. Of course she had spoken with Joy, the adult daughter of Carol. Eva had sensed something about the girl, something familiar and had flat out asked if she had been the one to send the girl back in time. Not only had she told Eva that, yes she had, but at some point when they had been talking Joy had dropped a major spoiler in her story about the future and who her friends had been in the theatre.

There was a Coleman, and Eva had asked if that friend was related to Jenna and Nathan. Joy had somewhat clammed up realising that she had said something she shouldn’t have, but Eva had pried…

Looking up at Nathan, a smile curled on her lips, a flutter in her stomach that could only be described as butterflies filled her.

“Only one way to find out.” She said softly. “And that’s by asking that other question.” Her heart skipped a beat, and she just realised that she had told him to just propose to her to find out what her answer would be.

“But I’m sure it’ll have a positive outcome.” She whispered, her hand moving up and the tops of her fingers softly brushed against his chin.
05:04 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
07-06-2019, 05:04 PM
[In-Character] [Post #106]
Nathan was almost amused at how instantly his words appeared to wake up the woman snuggling up against him. The grin on her face was almost bordering on wicked as the thoughts began to take shape in her mind. Nathan just watched, enamoured with this woman so fully and totally. He adored the way she would always leap onto these things. And he was grateful … she made him feel loved. There was no need to wonder or second guess. He just knew – and that alone made it so easy for him to love her back.

Eva’s words basically pushed for a proposal. And while Nathan was not opposing the idea, he wondered whether this, now, was the moment he wanted to remember as the one he’d have asked his future wife to marry him. Was it supposed to happen now? Was it right? Was he not moving to soon, triggered into action by someone from the future?

What if asking her now would make it all wrong? What if he was supposed to ask her later?

Nathan sighed, drawing his arms around Eva tighter by just a bit. “If you want me to ask you, then you’re going to have to wait until I’m ready to do it.” But wasn’t he ready already? What was the point in waiting?

“But seriously, Eva … last time you were married, you had that torn from you. I never even got to marry one of the two women out of my life – while the other divorced me and chose a woman to be my successor. And while I don’t mind that one bit, gender doesn’t matter if one is happy, it doesn’t exactly look good on my record. Geez … was being married with me that bad that she ended up looking into other options than men? What if you one day choose that maybe you would rather be with a woman than with another man if that man could be anything like me?!” Nathan was grinning, chuckling a little as he said that, but there was a serious undertone in his question.

Was she sure she really wanted to spend the rest of her life with him? They’d not been together for that long. Could they know already? Could they really make that decision now? … Nathan knew that he was basically making sure. Even if, of course, there was no guarantee in marriage. Still, he couldn’t do another failed attempt. He wanted this to last.

For good, this time.

07-07-2019
09:24 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
07-07-2019, 09:24 PM
[In-Character] [Post #107]
“I can wait.” She told him, her eyes shining brightly as he told her that she had to wait until he was ready to ask. She wasn’t in any rush, Eva was patient, and they were getting to know each other more and more each day. Little things she hadn’t known about him and vice versa.

One thing she knew for certain though, that if he asked, she would say yes. Being apart for him was not an option anymore.

“Nathan, you’re rambling.” She sounded amused, glancing up at him with a smile on her face as she heard him chuckle. The seriousness didn’t go unnoticed though, and she patted him softly on the chest.

“You do realise that all the circumstances that led to your divorce and me losing my husband don’t apply to us, to this situation. Not anymore.” Eva snuggled closer to him and breathed him in. God, she loved his scent. She took in another deep breath.

“I love you, Nathan. I think I know more about you than I ever did about my first husband, and we were married for seven years.” Danny had been a wonderful man but she knew he kept secrets, ones he did not want to share with her. In the end, she loved him, but she wasn’t sure that their marriage would have lasted. Not that she had given the chance to find out though.

“It’s scary thinking about marriage, it’s a big step, one we both have taken once before, but for some reason it wasn’t meant to be. What if it should have always been us?” Like the universe just now decided that Eva and Nathan were meant to be.

“But I don’t want to force you to do anything, I can wait. I did say I am a very patient woman.” She patted his chest again, a smile curling on her lips.
09:10 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
07-09-2019, 09:10 PM
[In-Character] [Post #108]
Patience. Eva had endless patience for him, he realised. She did not push, did not nag. She simply stood by, and gave him time. She let him come, let him figure it out. No pushing, no urging. All she ever asked of him was to give her reason. If he explained himself, she understood. The thought sent a shiver down his spine. How was it that this woman had such endurance when it came out to waiting out all of his worries, and thoughts, and the time he needed to come to certain conclusions.

So he was rambling? Nathan smiled, chuckling. Then he just looked at her as she gave him her take on the situation. None of what made their past attempts fail applied to them anymore. Nathan tried to smile, gave her a small nod. Was this it? Was she right? Could it be this simple?

As she went on, confessing her love and revealing a peculiar thing, Nathan found himself relax. Eva knew him better than she had her husband? That made him wonder. Because Nathan couldn’t get enough of this woman; of the things she thought, and believed in, and dreamed of. And then she said something that simply reverberated.

What if it should have always been us?

What if all the paths lead to this point? What if this was how it was supposed to be? And there was the reality of a girl from the future being with them now, talking of Eva Coleman. In Joy’s future, they had taken that step. And in Joy’s future, it had worked out fine.

“You’re not forcing me”, he murmured, as he rolled himself on top of Eva, looking down into her face. He just stared for a moment, contemplating all the things he felt, the ways in which he could see himself live a life with her.

“I want children, Eva”, he murmured, his heart suddenly beating heavily in his chest. With Carol children had never been a topic. With Typh it had just never worked out. Apparently, some people were incompatible. The doctors had said something of the sort. “And I want you…”, he added, then took a deep breath. “Do you think that’d work?”

07-10-2019
09:30 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
07-10-2019, 09:30 AM
[In-Character] [Post #109]
It was amazing how attuned she was to him, the way she just slid her legs apart when he rolled on top of her to accommodate him better. Her hands slid up his back, and she looked up at him when he told her that she wasn’t forcing him. Not that she thought she would ever be able to force him into doing anything.

But since they had been forcing her into all kinds of things, Eva felt compelled to tell him that she wouldn’t. This was his choice, hers was already made.

She would marry this man, call him hers in every which way possible. She loved him deeply, wanted to spend the rest of her life with him. She hooked her leg around his and sliding it upward a little.

Little flutters in her stomach when he told her that he wanted children. Her heart reached for him, her eyes flashing brightly as she tried to work through all the emotions she was feeling right now. Marrying this man was all she had hoped for but him wanting to have children with her… He wanted her, and his question next made her smile break through.

She could feel her eyes tear up though. “I never thought I would find this kind of happiness ever again.” She told him softly.

“Being stuck in that dark hole for ten years, I hadn’t given up hope, but it was getting harder. And then there you were…” Eva murmured, one of her hands managed to find it’s way to his face and she trailed her fingers lightly over his jaw.

“You make me so happy; you make me want things I had given up on before.” Which had included having children again. But with him, it had returned and she wanted to give him the joy of being a father.

“So, yeah, I think that would work.” She smiled at him, her hand traveling to the back of his head and pulling him down so she could kiss him. “Maybe we should practice some more.” She murmured against his lips, the sleep that had been threatening her before had vanished.
10:11 AM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
Rewrite the Stars
Administrator
Contributor
07-12-2019, 10:11 AM
[In-Character] [Post #110]
Nathan just looked at the woman fitting so seamlessly under the larger form of his body. She was beautiful, kind, gentle. There was endless patience for him to find in her heart. She never pushed – Eva always let him come to his own conclusions. She had faith in him that sometimes bewildered him. The way she trusted him… She had put her heart into his hands and she expected nothing in in return.

When she spoke of being happy and tears stood in her eyes, Nathan gently dabbed at them, pushing away the little drops that managed to escape. Nathan slowly shook his head, silently willing her not to cry. Her hand found his jaw, her touch soft and loving. For a moment, he closed his eyes as her words moved something in his chest. Understanding was blossoming somewhere. Maybe it was the fact that she simply did not hide her feelings. Eva was not playing games with him. She was not demanding he prove his love to her every new day. Instead, she accepted, openly and honestly. She just took him how he was, warts and all.

And maybe, that scared him.

Nathan’s mind flashed to Caitlin for just a moment and he wondered whether the red head would be proud of him. Suppressing the lopsided smile that wanted to crawl onto his lips in light of this thought, Nathan returned to the initial realisation.

Was he scared?

Eva pulled him down to her eventually, her words once more opening the paths into the more physical realm of their relationship. Nathan responded to her, the tip of his tongue following the line of the seam of her lips. When she sighed a happy welcome, his tongue sought hers for a deep and longing kiss. Pushing his hands into her dark tresses at the nape of her neck, he cradled her form. He would do anything to protect this woman, he realised. To ensure that she would never again have to endure the pain that the Services had exacted on her.

Marriage suddenly did not seem such a large step anymore. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her anyway. The idea to have children – to have a real family.

Nathan broke the kiss, his thumbs gently massaging Eva’s temples. He just took in that sight, committing the image to his memory. She was a true vision. Cheeks flushed, lips bruised, and a gaze of love and longing in her eyes that would threaten to floor him any and every day. “What we have … this, with you … I’ve never had it before. The way you … just love me like that.” Nathan swallowed, wondering whether he was finding the right words. “I mess up, I am awful to you … and still, you don’t send me packing. You humour all my idiotic notions of self-discovery.” Nathan did still have his trouble with going from police union chief to mutant.

“Carol was always guarded in a way. We were young … she had her own life to plan. And I kinda didn’t fit into that. My ex-wife … she thought marrying me might get that other woman out of my head. But that was a losing battle …” He sighed. “I wonder whether I’ve somehow always set myself up for failure. So … I …”, he offered her a somewhat helpless smile, “I’m out of my depths here. Is this really it? Is this what I’ve been hoping for … and still, I mess up every step of the way?“

Nathan swallowed, then closed his eyes, pushing his forehead against hers. When he spoke next, he drew his eyebrows down, not raising those eyelids. “What if I mess this up? What if asking you now is too soon? I can’t risk breaking what we have…” A whisper. He exhaled not without a slight shudder. Then Nathan’s gaze once more sought Eva’s eyes. “What if not asking you is the wrong decision… fuck, this time travel thing is screwing with my brain.”