Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Distraction & Recreation   \   The Reliquary   \   Underworld - Reboot in the Works.

Targaryen
Magi
Fire and Blood
Contributor
Name: Kieran (M)
Style: Sovereign
Underworld - Reboot in the Works.
So I usually frequent a site called Spoiler TV who have put up the following article...

Underworld Gets Rebooted!

Lakeshore Entertainment is moving forward with a reboot of the vampire action franchise, hiring Cory Goodman to write the script.

Lakeshore's Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi are producing.

The first Underworld film, directed by Len Wiseman and starring Kate Beckinsale, was released in 2003. Playing the strong vampire Selena made Beckinsale into a bankable action star, and three films followed in 2006 (Underworld: Evolution), 2009 (prequel Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) and 2012 (Underworld: Awakening).
It appears there are a few sources out there and news articles are beginning to pop up all over the web.

How do people feel about this?

Personally, I'm a little on the fence about it, I'd rather see movies during the time from Rise of the Lycans until the first Underworld.

However, Awakening was a little bit of a let down, so I wouldn't mind seeing it rebooted. The only problem is, I can only see Kate Beckinsale as Selene and no one else.
So this is farewell, the fight's final bell and I fall where I stand.
So give me your last hand, 'cause this is goodbye.

08-29-2014, 05:54 PM
poliahu
Scourge
Death is the debt all pay
Contributor
Name: Lia (F)
Er.... I don't understand why there would need to be a reboot. I mean the franchise isn't exactly that old that, at least to me, it would warrant one. And considering that the first movie was a success because it was a relatively unique film during the period it came out I can't see a reboot doing nearly as good. Underworld is a movie that still holds up. Hollywood and its reboots are kinda making me think they're running out of ideas! And I agree with you Kieran that Kate as Selene is so iconic it would be weird to see someone else playing her.

08-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Ganymede
Magi
two souls in a ghost town
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Yeah, it seems waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon for a reboot! Wonder if the original director/writer and actors had any sort of input on this.

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got

09-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Zendatha
Celestial
No More Hiding...
Contributor
Name: Stephen (M)
I'm interested to see the franchise continue, Kate Beckinsale or no (though I'd rather she stays on).

The funny thing is, they (reporters, producers) keep saying it'll come out in 2015 as "Underworld: The Next Generation" but until now, no specific date has been provided as to when the movie would show, nor has anything been confirmed whether a reboot or a sequel would be made.

I love India Eisley's face. It has that vampiric appeal and quality to it. At least they should state whether she / Eve gets to be in the next movie.

03-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Zendatha
Celestial
No More Hiding...
Contributor
Here's the answer to a big question everyone and their mother who is interested in seeing the movie has asked:

http://www.ew.com/2015/05/15/kate-be...e-underworld-5

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...world-5-795737

No news what the movie would be called, apart from Underworld 5.

05-26-2015, 07:43 AM
Targaryen
Magi
Fire and Blood
Contributor
Name: Kieran (M)
Style: Sovereign
I knew Kate would be back, there's no way you could do it without her.

I do hope they include Michael in Underworld 5.
So this is farewell, the fight's final bell and I fall where I stand.
So give me your last hand, 'cause this is goodbye.

05-31-2015, 02:18 PM
Zendatha
Celestial
No More Hiding...
Contributor
Am not exactly sure how the producers/directors plan on continuing the franchise should Kate decide not to come back. At least, should this be their last Underworld movie, they'd have a chance to wrap up whatever lose ends there would be - including searching for Michael and reuniting him with Selene plus Eve.

I also am pretty curious about their being hybrids, all three of them. What does being "hybrid" mean for them and the rest of the "Underworld"?

06-22-2015, 06:49 AM