Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Guided Games   \   Blank Pages   \   Final Fantasy: Light Through the Dark

Filendie
Magi
Tainted Magic
Contributor
Name: Mark (M)
Style: Tyrant
Final Fantasy: Light Through the Dark
Since The Summoning disappeared and aren't sure when/if it will re-surface I'm opening a thread that will act like a casual event playing thread. So there will be some dramatic things happening but a lot of journeying and some fighting, drama and battling thrown in along the way.

No real story but we can see what develops along the way.

I already have a little bit of interest but anyone that fancies having a bit of a role play in the Final Fantasy World is more than welcome.

Original characters only, no cannons and we will be using the old structure of rules as well, if you don't know what they are them I'll just go through some roughly.

• Limiting to 4 Abilities per character.
  • If it’s any kind of magic then you’re not limited to set spells so if you want Fire, Fira and Firaga then just put Fire Magic and we can count it as 1 ability but please try to write a little about the characters skill level with it.
  • If you wish to participate then please type up a rough character and post it in this thread before your first post.
  • Your characters can be as simple or as complicated as you like.
  • Try not to make a full-on overly EVIL character.
  • If you are inactive for a few weeks we will move on with the thread to limit inactivity but you can re-join later on, just try to let us know when you’re going away if you know.
  • Normal Board rules apply

Here is a rough Character template to use.

Name
Race
Appearance/Attire/Armour
Personality
Weapons
Magic/Abilities
History
Anything else

One Final Note. There won't be a single person constantly driving the threat forward so feel free to move it along as and when you feel it is right.

Enjoy
Life is so full there is no room to breathe, yet so empty my loneliness haunts me
My heart aches with the fullness of joy
My wick burns so bright I have little time left
I try so hard but I fall at every turn
If I try harder I'll rupture, if I let go I'll fall

11-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Filendie
Magi
Tainted Magic
Contributor
I'll start with the character Bio. It doesn't need to be this long but this is an old character with a shortened History. (You knew it was coming guys, I just miss him sooo much)

Name – Filendie Garren
Race – Human
Gender – Male
Age – 27

Appearance/Attire/Armour
His slightly feminine face is well curved and appears to be sculpted from the finest pale clay by the finest sculptor, almost too perfect. His perfect features are framed by Jet Black Hair, which is neatly swept back away from his eyes and flows freely down to his broad shoulders. When even the barest spot of sun light catches his long mane it changes from a midnight sky to storm of slivers and grays.

His slender figure makes him seem fragile and delicate but under the skin he is somewhat battle hardened and won’t hesitate to defend himself or fight for what he believes in. His small frame is only very slightly toned and stands five foot eleven inches tall. His long black leather trench-coat comfortably hides a tight black tank top and a figure hugging pair of boot-cut leather trousers that rest on black leather shoes. He has a pendant made from his mother’s favourite amathyst stone. His eyes are tainted through years of constant use in the dark arts of magic, making it appear like his eyes have absorbed the very ink from the pages he once studied from. Whether day or night his eyes remain as two all seeing black pupils, making him seem emotionless.

Personality
He may look like the dark crusader or the wannabe bad boy, but he is actually quite a nice guy. His abilities show a different side of him as an icy tempered black mage and has eyes as dark as a midnight sky. But in truth he likes to meet new people and show them the side of him that is kind and thoughtful when he is in the mood. His image is only something he likes, as a youngster he was quite depressed so it has rubbed off on him in adult hood.

Weapons
The only weapon he has is a light, durable metal staff with wisps and hues of black and dark purple running down the shaft. On the top is three prongs that jut out and then come together to hold a white roughly cut crystal in place; this helps him focus his magic and concentrate. When he uses magic the white crystal clouds over to black instead of his eyes.
Abilities

Magic
Note: Over the years Filendie has been experimented on because of his magic talent. As a result he is unable to create any elemental magic from nothing, he can only manipulate. His staff acts as a suppressant and keeps his magic at a normal level of power for him to use safely. If he uses magic without his staff it will be stronger and too powerful for him to control and will suffer backlash/migraines/nose bleeds and periods when it is difficult to concentrate.

Water Magic: Filendie is able to manipulate and control water in his surrounding environment but he cannot create it out of thin air. He can draw moisture out of the air but there is only so much moisture in certain areas until it runs dry.
Ice Magic: Filendie is able to manipulate and control Ice in his surrounding environment but he cannot create it out of thin air. He can draw moisture out of the air with his water magic and freeze it but as with the water magic there is only so much moisture in the air in certain areas until it runs dry.
Air Magic: Filendie is able to manipulate and control air in his surrounding environment but he cannot create it, so if he is in a small locked room it would be much harder to use.
Earth Magic: Filendie is able to manipulate and control the ground, earth and rocks (but finds it difficult to control manmade substances like tarmac and cement) in his surrounding environment but he cannot create it. If he is in a metal room he wouldn’t be able to use it

History
Filendie lived in peace and happiness in Kilika. He had no brothers or sisters only a mother and father who he loved dearly. His farther helped out the local shop while his Mother travelled to and from the temple carrying supplies. He heard the adventures and the danger of the Summoner’s pilgrimages in the past, and that only a certain few have ever made it and defeated sin, the other attempts were wasted, some didn’t reach their destination in time and some didn’t even live through the journey. These facts Filendie liked, he found the danger in some way thrilling and exiting and found himself asking around of how to become a guardian.

He was in luck that some people in his village were already in training so he took it upon himself to join in. He bought a rusty dagger at the local shop and this was his acclaimed weapon. Every day he met up with his two friends Valdeen and Xsyken and went into Kilika woods fighting the lesser fiends. When they felt confident enough the party of three travelled to the temple and back fighting all the way. He found the art of Black magic his favorite kind of fighting and quickly learnt how to control it and made a good contribution battling the Elementals in the forest. Although they were starting to look like an unbeatable party the forest king Lord Ouchu attacked the three boys. Xsyken was seriously injured, the remaining two (Filendie and Valdeen) trained even harder in order to one day beat Lord Ouchu.

Many Years Later

The years past, the calm of Lady Yuna held and Filendie grew older, wiser and more battle hardened with experience. The search to find out what was wrong with his eyes when using magic was forgotten as he got used to the stares and nicknames he had acquired. His constant use of black magic had stained his iris’ black and the more he used the better he got at it. He entered contest after contest and won, his display of magic blowing people away as his control got to its peak while he was still in his early twenties and he still grew in power.

Battles became easy and boring as he grew cocky and relied so much on his power he gained a little weight however, this was short lived. In the contests he entered he found that ever passing battle his control faltered enough to finally loose his first fight and these were only the beginnings of his problems.

His power grew unstable and dangerous to himself as well as others but was trained how to work his magic with the staff. He now wonders the world trying to find out why the lifestream had cursed, or gifted him with the power he has and living his life day to day.
Life is so full there is no room to breathe, yet so empty my loneliness haunts me

11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Sister Grimm
Magi
of the dark order
Contributor
Name: Faye (F)
Still working out the bio and trying to not overpower my character! I is excited for this.

Take my advice. When the world goes crazy, you run... You runaway. - Nico Minoru, Runaways.

11-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Filendie
Magi
Tainted Magic
Contributor
Me too, been such a while since I played Filendie. Cant wait

11-14-2012, 06:06 PM