Midnight Shadows Distraction & Recreation The Moonlight What's the worst thing you've done to your character(s)?

12-02-2011
01:08 PM
burning bright
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Gina (F)
Coven: DE
12-02-2011, 01:08 PM
What's the worst thing you've done to your character(s)? [Post #1]
Here in the world of RPing and our messed up minds, there's got to be some ingenious ideas that we've thrown our characters into and made their lives that little bit more chaotic. Did you kill them off in the worst way? Let them think they'd found happiness and then thrown some spanner into the works - discovery of a long-lost family member or the arrival of a new love interest to complicate that oh-so-perfect couple?

Share the character torture here!
12-02-2011
07:08 PM
Love all, trust a few.
Name: Daphne (F)
Coven: Guide
12-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Well, the worst thing I've definitely ever done to poor Pandora was physical torture, then Stockholm syndrome, then suicide after that backfired on her
08:22 PM
hostage to the light

Contributor
Name: Amy (F)
Coven: Guide
Style: Avengers
12-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I think from the beginning, Jess was messed up. Having her high school boyfriend turn out to be a demon, and then end up killing her parents is pretty much one of the worst things.

Everything else that happens to her I blame Bonnie for .
08:58 AM
You're familiar...
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Mari (F)
Coven: A7A
12-03-2011, 08:58 AM
When I first started roleplaying I created Mari, sort of like in my image. She was kind and sweet and normal. *cough*
But she's addicted to drugs and alcohol now, sleeps around and it all started by her being killed by her sister.
And the worst thing I did to Selene was kill her off by having her trapped in a timeloop. (I'm glad she's back...)

I think I stayed rather sweet on this board. There was another board I used to RP where I had my character (also a drug addict) get pregnant, cheat on her husband while pregnant, and then later get pregnant again by the man she cheated on her husband with. And in between all that her husband killed her best friend and... Oh how I miss Esmé and Chris
10:22 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Coven: [7DA]
Style: Gotham
12-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Where do I start? LMAO

I got Serya pregnant by the most horrible man in the game and I do mean horrible (ask Chrissie ) she's also been physically abused by her dad when she was younger (maybe that's why she keeps on getting involved with men who hurt her) and uhm well... stuff that can't be talked about on this board xD

another one he had a hero complex (you know wanting to save and help people all the time) at some point something happened in his life and he turned completely around and became a villain and kidnapped somebody who he tortured and after that he got killed, came back to life and has to live with the remorse of what he has done.
07:50 PM
Weak Fantasy
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Todd (M)
Coven: DEvil
12-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Randomly inserted a plot device where my character Adam found out about his son dying at the same time while simultaneously learning that he had a son.
02:41 PM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Coven: A7A
Style: Sovereign
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Erm ... the worst? I dunno, a couple of my chars go down pretty deranged ways. It really depends.

One guy ... his sister got killed, which in turn made most of his family desert him because they blamed him - and then he got into a love-hate-abuse kind of relationship with the woman who's killed his sister.

One girl ... she currently has her entire world (almost) literally come apart at the seams. Trapped in a spell a long time ago, she's basically lived an AU - and now she's shown the way she truly should have taken. It's tearing her apart.

Originally Posted by Salvation

I got Serya pregnant by the most horrible man in the game and I do mean horrible (ask Chrissie ) she's also been physically abused by her dad when she was younger (maybe that's why she keeps on getting involved with men who hurt her) and uhm well... stuff that can't be talked about on this board xD
There needs to be noted that there is ONE exception there.

Originally Posted by Salvation

another one he had a hero complex (you know wanting to save and help people all the time) at some point something happened in his life and he turned completely around and became a villain and kidnapped somebody who he tortured and after that he got killed, came back to life and has to live with the remorse of what he has done.
Ooooh how I miss the game.

bury my heart next to yours
01-12-2012
10:41 AM
Swan Song

Contributor
Name: Cornelia (F)
Coven: 6
01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
I can't say I've done that many horrible things to my characters.

The worst is probably what I did to Juliet in a tournament that became a real backstory. Her parents pretty much handed her over to a demon in order to protect her family's most prized possession. I think on top of her already rough childhood, that truly broke her last ties with her old life. She's never quite completely right even now, though. Hence why every once in a while she will feel the pull to cross to the other side. Recently she came very close to killing an innocent and I think she would've easily gone through with it had Elijah not been there to stop her. Very few things are keeping her anchored in the good side and sometimes I feel bad for her because every day is a struggle for her to continue to be a good person, and she continues to feel undeserving of the happiness in her life. I might have once or twice considered making her turn evil completely just to see what happens since she's been toeing the line for a long time now.

Freya is my other frequently suffering character, but most of the hardships in her life happened because of other people's doings. Watching Leto come back and Xavier deal with his leftover feelings for her, then losing Menefer and Xavier subsequently were really hard blows for her. I remember every post written in Xavier's absence was so painful and difficult, though I like to think this also lends to longer and more evocative posts. The only thing that I did myself to her was making the discovery that her foster parents were still alive after years of believing otherwise, and they're living with the Magi, and they don't want to come home (for her own protection). That felt like the ultimate betrayal for her and makes it difficult to reconcile her love and yearning to see them again with the feelings of deceit and hurt.
But loving him was red
01-13-2012
04:23 AM
Shadow Child

Contributor
Name: Sarah (F)
Coven: F1123
01-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by Dissident

I think I stayed rather sweet on this board. There was another board I used to RP where I had my character (also a drug addict) get pregnant, cheat on her husband while pregnant, and then later get pregnant again by the man she cheated on her husband with. And in between all that her husband killed her best friend and... Oh how I miss Esmé and Chris
And then Esme disappeared and Chris went off and married another man!

And that would be my tortured character. Ivan's been in relationships and out of them and been torn apart by it occasionally. Unrequited love is painful sometimes. Especially when it's for a married man who sort of has the feelings, but cares more about the wife he has. Then he's lost his baby daughter twice, been caught in a subway accident/hold-up, had his carefree past catch up with him and battled serious lung cancer twice. That was a pretty close call last time. Right now, he's facing the breakdown of his company, which isn't entirely torturous, but it is his pride and joy, so it is hard for him.
02:10 PM
Teen Idle

Contributor
Name: Carly (F)
Coven: MotC
01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure I've done anything really horrible to my characters.

Freya is the character of mine that I probably put through hell, though a lot of that can be blamed on Tom! When she first came to the forces she wasn't a very nice person she teamed up with Crimson and Hayley and they planned to over throw the guides and run the covens themselves, then she found out she had a half sister and after that she started to get nicer. She fell in love with Ryan but that relationship was a mess. They both cheated on each other, Ryan had a baby with one of Freya's friends (actually two if you count Nicholas who he had with Billy). Freya had to deal with Ryan going evil, leaving her, attemptin to kill himself and her friends hating him. She also had to put up her split who liked to take over and run riot.

Sophie's also had a rough time, she got chucked in at the deep end in the forces and she's barely managed to keep going. She's had a string of one night stands (one with a guy that turned out to be a mass murderer) her attempts at relationships have all ended badly. She's stepped down as guide and she pretty much hates herself.