04-16-2015
06:07 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
04-16-2015, 06:07 AM
I would say that if a super character has had a public image/profile, they may be the sort that are closely monitored. If they live a normal life and don't make a fuss, I imagine they would be left to live their lives. If they do not possess an X-Gene, then they are not direct targets. Though, who's to say they're not a carrier of the gene
04-16-2015
06:44 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
Name: Stephen (M)
04-16-2015, 06:44 AM
A latent carrier, yesss... *tents fingers repeatedly*

Can't wait to see the new chapter of GENEsis open!

04-16-2015
07:27 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
04-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Like in the movies, the sentinels will be outfitted with powers from captured Mutants.

We are currently working on a backstory for the sentinels
07:29 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
04-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Oh Ste about your question in the character list thread, just claim the characters that were previously yours. Lets give others the time to claim theirs too I did give a time span in the announcements.
07:13 PM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
04-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Oh, yeah, of course! A week isn't too long to wait for - the build-up towards Game Day itself is fuel for a posting spree. xD

Thanks! I was more like wondering if I was doing the right process of claiming in the character list thread, using the form like I did.

04-16-2015
07:46 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
04-16-2015, 07:46 PM
We are talking about the wanted storyline idea and thinking of having one thread for that. Will keep you posted.

Rachel is blacklisted. As are many Summers/Gray offshoots.
04-18-2015
11:42 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
04-18-2015, 11:42 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way:

I get that the Grey/Summers line, timetravel, cloning, etc. are complicated - though Jean Grey offsprings were asked not to have the Summers gene in them back when we (yes, even I fell for the Grey line) submitted characters for it.

Rachel's also been played before (under the codename of Hope, waaayyy before an actual Hope came out in the comics), but that is not to say that Rachel was an actual daughter of Jean, she's just part of the Grey family (it was one of the plots the previous player of Rachel Grey and I brainstormed on, in the past) who looked up to the first mutant in their line enough to spin into a delusion that Jean is her birthmother.

So with this justification, maybe we can allow Rachel to be played again - promising that no Phoenixes would ever come out of it, too.

04-18-2015
05:33 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
04-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Rachel is going to remain blacklisted. Summers/Grey offshoot characters were discussed during the formulation of this version of the game. Nate Grey is being considered yours due to his unique creation and your willingness to play him. Allowing for further canon-esque "Greys" or "Summers" that exist outside of normal timelines and directly linked to Jean defeats the purpose of excluding Jean from the game and detracts from Nate's unique existence.
04-18-2015
07:31 PM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
04-18-2015, 07:31 PM
I do thank you all for the consideration on Nate.

Twas a fanboy fantasy to have Rachel and Nate interact and go on adventures, as they never met in the 616 Reality (or anywhere else in the comics, if I remember it right). I'll take that fantasy to Blank Pages, then.

Would approvals be needed for characters to be sorted into a certain alliance or group or could a character be made part of the Resistance or the Missing at the player's whim, with sufficient IC justification?

04-18-2015
07:41 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
04-18-2015, 07:41 PM
we still need to add a field where the "fast forward" history stuff can be placed, so for now you can tell us who's missing, dead or neither

As long as you make sure you put it down correctly in your dossier no need for applying for the resistance. I assume most who belonged to the school are in the resistance or captured