Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Other] Easy To Lie [Nate / Eva]

03-13-2019
06:42 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
03-13-2019, 06:42 PM
[In-Character] [Post #61]
He apologised, and it seemed that he was doing a lot of that around her. “It didn’t sound like you were making fun of it.” She told him, watching how he lifted their hands and placed a kiss on the back of her hand. It tingled, and she smiled because of it. She liked how his lips had felt against her skin, it brought back a few memories and she had to push them back.

“So am I.” She told him when he said he was glad that she was fighting. What else was she supposed to do? Especially when there was still so much worth living for. She saw him looking at the door behind her and Eva could see the urge in his eyes for more questions, for more things to say. She could also tell that he was hesitating.

Turning, she kept a hold on his hand and tugged him along. “Come on. Let’s go see that garden.”

Pushing the door open, she did not expect to see a full-grown garden. Trees, bushes, flowers… There was even a stone path that lead from the door into the garden. This Lin girl had been doing quite her best. Flowers were blooming, and it even smelled like you were outdoors.

“This is amazing.” She breathed out, looking around, a smile curling up on her lips.

“I think there are birds in here too.” She whispered in surprise, clearly hearing the chitter of birds. It was like a real garden, a real proper garden. Looking up she could see the sky, a dome covered the whole room, and it was a big room.

She took a step forward, still looking up because her eye had caught a small flock of birds flying from tree to tree and chirping away. Her smile widened, letting out a happy sigh.

This was so much better than sitting in a dark room and crying her eyes out.
12:46 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
03-15-2019, 12:46 PM
[In-Character] [Post #62]
Then they were inside that garden – and it was safe to say that it was not what Nathan had expected. This was more like a proper botanical garden, than the small backyard-style venue he had thought they would come to. His lips split and open-mouthed, he let his gaze wander ahead and upwards. It was a sight for sore eyes to say the least. How ingenious, he thought. When the residents of the theatre could not go outside, they would simply bring the outside here. Nathan smiled.

His gaze wandered to Eva, who was equally surprised and overwhelmed by the sight. And then, just as she said it, even birds showed themselves, bringing this place to life on yet a whole other level yet. She stepped forward, and Nathan let go of her hand. Instead he stepped up to stand just behind her. “Next time, we should bring the sandwiches here and have a picnic.”

Nathan looked ahead, spotting something ahead of them through a bunch of trees. “Look”, he said, pointing the finger, his arm right next to Eva’s head.

There, beyond the green was a wild array of colours shining through. “Are those flowers?” he asked when stepping ahead of Eva, picking up a slow jog as he headed along the small stone path. It described a half circle around a tree with a trunk wide enough to fit four of his size. Then eventually it led onto a small clearing, framed with flowers in every colour under the sun.

“This is amazing”, he murmured, turning around and waiting for Eva to catch up.

bury my heart next to yours
03-15-2019
02:01 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-15-2019, 02:01 PM
[In-Character] [Post #63]
Eva could feel him stepping up behind her, acutely aware of his body near hers, and his words brought a smile to her lips. “Yes, we should.” Because she liked having picnics, and having one with him sound like a very good idea. She was certain that more of the people living here were having picnics in this gorgeous garden, they just had to time it so that they wouldn’t be interrupted. Although she got a feeling that Lin, the creator of this garden had her own way to give people their privacy.

The warmth of his arm brushed her cheek, his finger pointing at each what lay ahead of them. He prompted her to look and she narrowed her gaze to do so.

Eva spotted the colours and started to nod at his question. “I think they are.” She told him, watching him step around her and jogging ahead. A smile bloomed on her lips and she followed him in her own unhurried pace.

The path took her around a very large tree, where only moment ago Nathan had disappeared behind. She finally caught up to him, stepping into the small clearing that exploded with colours. Different kinds of flowers were calling up to her and she smiled at the sight.

“This is gorgeous.” She commented, looking around and then settling her eyes on Nathan who stood in the middle of the small clearing. Her breath caught, the sun hitting him just right and framed his face in a way that just stole her breath away. He was so handsome, and the flutter in her stomach lit up like a flame.

“I’m glad you’re here with me.” She spoke up, smiling, and feeling just the slightest hint of the happiness she thought she had lost so many years ago.
09:00 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
03-17-2019, 09:00 PM
[In-Character] [Post #64]
A number of people would insist that Nathan could at times be dense when women were involved. First and foremost, probably his sister. And yet, he was not blind. So he could very much see that look on Eva’s face. It was loaded with emotion. There was a moment here, and part of him wished he had access to what it was she saw.

Her smile was a beam of light and he was very much aware of she was the center of this very moment. Nathan breathed deeply, trying to once more do what he had tried to do over and over and over in the past week. He tried to gauge his emotions for her. He stepped closer, his form larger than her tall one still. But not by too much. For once he was not a giant, dwarfing a woman. He liked that.

Another step towards Eva.

“I miss you when you’re not in the room”, he pushed out, his body turning towards hers. And yet, his eyes went above her head and his gaze sought out the flowers growing there. “But I’ve not been not in love with … her for so long that I …” Nathan didn’t trust himself. Especially since Eva had come to him wearing the face of his ex-girlfriend.

“You deserve better than …”, he started, wondering what exactly he was trying to say. “Than me still being hung up on Carol and not realising it.” Was he making sense?

“I can’t be the one to hurt you more after … after what you went through.” It sounded so strangely weak when he said it out loud. Was he not finding the right words or was it really just an excuse for never really trying it? Had it not been Eva whom he had been thinking of these past seven days rather than Carol? He had wondered what Eva had been up to, how she felt, what she was up to… and at times, he had stood in the shadow somewhere trying to steal a glimpse of her.

“I never stood up a girl before …”, he eventually added. “I’ll never do it again.”

bury my heart next to yours
03-18-2019
12:03 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-18-2019, 12:03 AM
[In-Character] [Post #65]
Eva knew that she should guard her heart better when it came to this man. He was still in love with his ex-girlfriend, and she didn’t know if she even made a chance with him. He had avoided her all week, and now… now he had asked to spend the day with her and she had gladly said yes.

She watched him take a step closer to her, and she wondered what he was thinking in that moment. Another step closer to her, his words surprising her. Because if he had missed her, why had he avoided her? It confused her, a lot. Because if you missed someone you usually didn’t ignore them.

And that’s what he had been doing.

But his explanation, it tugged at her heart. She wasn’t sure what he wanted her to say, so she pushed her hands in the back pockets of her jeans and just watched him. Clearly, he wasn’t done talking anyway.

So, she deserved better than him still being hung up on Carol? She wanted to call his bullshit but kept her mouth shut. Mostly because she didn’t want to fall into repeat. How could he not see that she wanted him? That what she had gone through, had not stopped her. She knew that she had one advantage over him, and that was that she had seen him for him. All he had seen in those weeks was Carol.

But she wasn’t Carol now. Ever since their escape, she had worn her own face.

Eva narrowed her gaze on him when he added that he had never stood up a girl before, and that he would never do it again. She believed him. She gave him a single nod in acceptance.

She let out a deep sigh then and just shook her head. “Why are you assuming that you’ll hurt me?” Eva asked wondering. “And what I went through, you can’t use that as an excuse and let it come between…” She lifted a hand from her pocket and moved it between them. “… whatever this is.” Because she was not stupid, there was something between them.

“You are not to blame for whatever happened in there with me. I don’t see it like that, so why should you?” She tipped her head to the side a little, looking at him in question.

“I’m not asking for you undying love on the spot, Nathan…” She told him softly. “I’m just asking for a chance to get to know you.”