Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Mutants] Purple Cannon [Sam / Kate]

01-15-2019
04:47 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
01-15-2019, 04:47 PM
[In-Character] [Post #11]
Yes, fine, she knew she was tiny. Especially when standing next to him or Benji, but whatever. It’s not that she had something to say about how tall she would have ended up being. Genetics and stuff, and she had nobody to compare herself too. She had never met her parents, didn’t even know if she had siblings.

Probably not, or that file she had gotten from Tony would have said so. Well she hoped it would have, because there hadn’t been any mention of her.

Yeah she could understand why he had wanted to witness his sister clocking the other guy. She would have wanted to see that too if it had been her sibling. He kept on talking, telling her that Paige had been a handful and that he had six sisters. And four brothers. Kate stared at him, her bottle half way through her mouth. “That many?” She whispered in awe. How delightfully busy that must have been.

Now she felt jealous, just a bit.

He offered up Paige to be her sibling, since he had others. And she couldn’t help but laugh over that. Yeah he had plenty to hand out if he wanted. “It’s okay, maybe I’ll just borrow her once in a while.” Because too be honest, she could use a sister right about now. Just for some advice about how her life was all weird right now.

Kate finally took that drink when Sam steered the conversation to her skills with a bow. No, to her and Elise’s skill. Because it hadn’t gone unnoticed that they both shared an interest in bows.

“I grew up at one of those fancy all girl schools in London.” She started her story. “Archery as it seems, is literally in my blood.” Kate took another sip and stared up at the glass dome, where she could make out the stars. “It was the first thing I picked at that school, I never missed either. It never was just a ‘hobby’ for me. It was an outlet, my moment to disconnect from the world when I was at the range shooting targets.” All the other things she had taken up, those were hobbies, a necessity after a while.

“I only found out why when I ended up at Tony Stark’s doorstep.” She wasn’t sure she should tell him, that she should go this far but… Kate had been so closed off for so long, and she knew she could trust Sam.

“I never knew who my parents were, just had their first names and that I needed to go to New York. Took me a while to figure out to whom I needed to go to find some answers. Tony gave me them. He also steered me in Elise’s direction.” She looked at Sam, gave him a half smile.

“Clint Barton is my dad. Former Avenger … Hawkeye…” She shrugged, like it was not a big deal. “It was inevitable that I ended up with a bow in my hand. And then Tony gave me his bow, so I decided on using his codename too.” If he had been hearing about Hawkeye running around the city and shooting arrows, then they were talking about her and not her dad. Nobody knew where he was. Even she couldn’t figure that one out.

“You’re the second person I’ve told this story too…” She said, feeling a little vulnerable over it. Because it was something that could damage her if people would find out that she was Clint’s daughter. He had made enough enemies over the years if she had to believe that file.
05:08 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
01-17-2019, 05:08 PM
[In-Character] [Post #12]
Borrow. No, he had told her that she could have his sister for her own and he would stick by that. Paige had always been her own person and though he could remember being small and holding her tiny form in his arms, it had always seemed she was the eldest. Though he had only just been reunited with her, he was willing to share.

Kate spoke and he listened, taking a bite here and there of her crunchy potato sandwich, nearly finishing it off as his mind tried to conjure an image of her in some oddball school uniform at a school far away from anything he had ever attended. There was nothing fancy about the American public-school system. Kids showed up, maybe learned a few things, went home with homework. Repeat. Five days a week. Archery was not a run-of-the-mill offering unless one lived in a huge metro like Los Angeles or New York that could offer specialties.

He logged away the details that seemed important when she divulged them, especially took further interest when she mentioned Tony Stark. He wondered how many people that man had ever made contact with during the course of his life, how many people he had in some way formed bonds to that it seemed lingered even beyond death.

When she named Clint, he gave a nod of his head. It made sense, and he could see it, of what he could remember, in the shape of her eyes and cheekbones. He would not have put it together otherwise, though, he was sure he would have just taken her as a talented archer who had taken up a mantle for a hero meant to offer homage.

He shrugged then. “I like to think I’m rather decent in the secret keeping department.” The left side of his mouth tugged upward. “If that’s what you’re after, anyway.” He sighed. “Being the child of an Avenger, I imagine, would be rather enticing to the likes of SentS.” They liked to get their grubby hands on anything that was different. He looked up at her again. “I can’t imagine what it was like to grow up alone without any indication of who you were.” Because considering the likes of his family, that was just entirely foreign. “And as maddening as it may have been to learn who he was with no explanation of why he gave you up, he did you a service in regard to the shape the world has taken on.”

As he had pointed out, he imagined if the Services ever discovered her identity, she would be plucked up just like any other prized mutant find. “Still, I’m sorry.” Clint Barton had been anything but stupid, so there had to be a solid reason for his apparent abandonment.
01-17-2019
08:38 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-17-2019, 08:38 PM
[In-Character] [Post #13]
“Well I guess you are good at keeping secrets with ten siblings.” She told him with a smile, because if you had that many siblings there were bound to be secrets who needed to be kept. And was she after that? That he kept her secret? And yeah if someone actually found out that she was related to Clint Barton, like SentS… shit would go down.

“And no, I wasn’t after that. I just don’t know a lot of people.” Which sounded sad to her ears. Great.

She picked at her label, not wanting to look at Sam as he told her how he couldn’t imagine growing up like that. “It wasn’t all bad.” She told him with a shrug. Yeah it had sucked, not knowing who her parents had been. But most of the time, the school she was at, was habited by other orphans. At least she hadn’t stood out like that.

“Maybe you’re right. It did keep me safe all these years.” But it still had come as a shock finding out that her parents weren’t a bunch of drunk assholes or junkies for that matter.

“It would have been nice to have some sort of explanation, though.” She finally looked at him, a half smile on her lips. “The way I see it, or read it in this case, he never did anything without a reason. So it must be a damn good reason to drop me off in another country far far away from New York.” And yet she had flocked back to this place.

“Don’t be sorry, I did well for myself in Britain.” Until she got kicked out of school and she left the country to go find said parents. “Okay, maybe I got into a little trouble and we mutually agreed that I should leave the school.” She held up her thumb and index finger to indicate how much trouble and grinned with it.

“In my defence, though, I was getting back at those mean girls who kept on tormenting the younger girls.” Because Kate really hated bullies.
10:30 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
02-21-2019, 10:30 PM
[In-Character] [Post #14]
Kate didn’t feel like herself, like it wasn’t her own body currently walking down the hall towards… where? This wasn’t the way to her room, she was sure of that but Sam had a hold on her hand and was tugging her along. She knew that if she applied strength she could easily break free now, something else she couldn’t fathom. They had put her in a testing room after she hadn’t died from that injection.

The things they had made her do there…

She pushed them out of her mind. She couldn’t think about that right now, couldn’t think about how they had pitched her against Benji at some point. Just to see what she could do. To say that she had freaked out when she had started healing her own cuts and bruises, was putting it mildly.

And there was more.

And she didn’t want to think about it. Gritting her teeth, she followed Sam into his room. It was then that he let go of her hand, and she walked further until she was standing in front of his bed. Looking down at it, she wrapped her arms around herself.

The feeling of disconnect was growing, ever since they pulled them out of that transport something had snapped inside of her. She could feel it, but couldn’t put words to it. There was a sense of loss… her humanity? She didn’t know. It was strange and she was freaking the hell out. Her body was trembling and she was gasping for air.

Was she having an anxiety attack? Or was her body finally shutting down, just like Lang said he had expected it to do.

Was she going to die?

Oh god, she doubled over hands on her knees as she tried to take in oxygen.
11:11 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
02-22-2019, 11:11 AM
[In-Character] [Post #15]
He could feel Paige’s eyes following after him, them, as he wrapped his hand around Kate’s and led her away form the main doors. There was little in the moment that he could have offered his younger sibling aside from returning the hug she had offered, the tight grip he had slipped around her body to assure her that he was alive. Well enough, he supposed, for the time being.

They hadn’t even been there that long.

Four or five days?

He thought of Beth, then he thought of Emma, and wondered for the umpteenth time how either woman had managed to be held for years. And for the most part, they seemed relatively decently put together. Mentally. On the outside, at least.

All he had felt every moment of every hour kept within the confines of that cell had been complete and utter helplessness. They hadn’t wanted him. For once, he was the collateral fallout, the spare pick up. He hadn’t been a target in the slightest and had only been taken because Kate had refused to let go of him, and he had refused to part with her.

Energy ebbed beneath the surface of his skin, offered a flush of heat to every inch of tissue, only failing to push further. It could be hours, or it could be days before it all returned to proper functioning. Gabriel had offered a counter serum to the injected inhibitor which he had declined for the time being. He wanted to go to his own room, lay down, and sleep. It seemed like such a mundane thing to want for.

He didn’t ask Kate if she wanted to return to her own room, he simply made his way towards his. It had been meant for him and Benji, until the latter had decided on finding his own quarters. Not that he blamed him. He doubted that he wanted to be anywhere near Kira in the moment.

Pushing the door open, he released her hand long enough to slip his arm about her waist and guide her inside. He quickly peeled the jacket off of himself and tossed it over a chair, he had no idea who it belonged to or it if was a spare, but he didn’t have the drive at the moment to figure that out.

The moment that Kate hunched over, set her hands on her knees and drew in a rapid ragged breath, he crossed the room to her in three stride and put himself to sitting at the corner of the bed directly in front of her. His hands pushed up around the sides of her face and he said her name, trying to draw her focus off of whatever it was that had suddenly seized control of her. “We’re back.” He tried to assure her. They were no longer sequestered to a cell or some damned experimental room that Lang had hauled her off to. “Lang is gone.” Where to, he had no clue at the moment.
02-22-2019
12:31 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
02-22-2019, 12:31 PM
[In-Character] [Post #16]
She was losing it, falling apart right here. She didn’t feel comfortable in her own skin and then the memories of what they had made her do. Put her against Benji, make her fight him and he hadn’t fought back. The asshole hadn’t fought back. Letting her beat him with her new found strength.

“It’ll be okay, Kate.” He had used her name, didn’t call her by that stupid nickname he had given her. And he didn’t fight back. The wounds on her knuckles had healed instantly.

She felt like a monster.

Breathing harshly, warm hands framed her face. Blue eyes regarded her, her name fell from his lips and she tried to get back from that nightmare inside of her head. Her breathing evened out slightly, hearing him say that they were back. It did not erase the disconnect she was feeling within herself.

“I don’t feel like myself, Sam.” She whispered, her hands fisting the fabric of her pants. She was still hunched over, her face in his hands. How could she explain this to him?

“I’m not me, anymore.” Tears stung behind her eyes as she looked at him, looked into the blues of his eyes and tried to find herself there. Tried to see what he saw, but she couldn’t. Couldn’t conjure up the image of herself prior to being injected.

“I feel disconnected.” She whispered in despair. “Like a ghost.” A sob fell from her lips, her thoughts going back to the moment that needle had gone into her arm. The pain she had felt, that burning, the fire running through her body and taking away every bit that was Kate Bishop, human.

“What am I?” Her voice sounded so small, she hated that. She wanted to be funny, strong Kate. Not this… shell of herself.
05:13 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
02-23-2019, 05:13 PM
[In-Character] [Post #17]
Her breathing was stabilizing somewhat, still elevated, yet evening out, and the flush in her face was slowly receding. She was grasping onto at least the sound of his voice, then, grounding her to the moment and the contact. There was still blatant doubt in her eyes, and he couldn’t fault her.

The confession she offered forth was a simple one, feeling detached from who and what she was used to. Much like a mutant might upon manifestation, much as he had felt in those first days and weeks when his own genetics had decided he would no longer be just human. “You are.” He assured her, she could only be herself, the only identity in her head and chest was her and she would see that, even if she needed the time required to acknowledge that fact. What had been done to alter her was new and had been thrust on her in a traumatic way.

“You’re still Kate.” He replied, simply, when she asked what she was. “What you’re feeling is…natural.” He shrugged his shoulders. “You’ve been thrust into a different version of yourself.”

He rubbed his thumbs gently along her cheekbones then drew her closer to himself. He scooted back away from the edge of the bed, indirectly urging her to follow. Her limbs heavy and her despair cut through any potential hesitation. But he wasn’t after anything beyond just the urge to hold her against himself, feel her breathe, feel the normal pacing her heart would beat without the likes of Lang or his lackeys looming or threatening to take her.

It was an awful thing that going out anywhere was a threat, that just existing could prove to be something so destructive. And he hated admitting that he felt so much safer in the confines of the theater than he had in a long time. There was a degree of truth to safety in numbers, but the likes of those present soothed some part of his head. Gabriel, his brothers, Beth, Emma, his sister.

There was something disjointed in Benji’s head that he wasn’t the most forthcoming with, and he wondered after the nature of it, the ache that he could see sitting behind the other man’s eyes.

Sam pulled her further forward, moved towards the head of the bed and let his temple settle against the pillow. He was ridiculously exhausted. If he had ever thought he was tired at any point before in his life, he knew in that moment that he had never known fatigue quite like what he felt then. “A mine cave-in triggered my mutation.” He said, trying to offer her something else to focus on. “I was trapped with two other people about a hundred feet beneath the surface of the earth and It just snapped into place without warning.” He could still remember the fear, he had thought his heart was going to fail due to the declining oxygen, and instead he had sparked a mini explosion that had catapulted him forward. It had taken several attempts before he had figured out how to direct propulsion even haphazardly to point upward.

“I stayed home for about nine days before a girl named Sarah arrive at my house and invited me to the old school.” He sighed. “It took months to gauge the proper utilization of my mutation.” He smirked. “Sometimes with somewhat catastrophic results.”
02-23-2019
07:35 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
02-23-2019, 07:35 PM
[In-Character] [Post #18]
She was still Kate he told her, and she wanted to believe him. Wanted to believe that what she was feeling was natural. But it wasn’t natural. She was never meant to be a mutant, she might have carried the gene but it had never manifested because that was what latent meant. Yet, Steven Lang had forced this upon her. Made her body react to a drug and forcefully change it.

Yes, she had been thrust into a different version of herself.

Kate two point oh.

The close contact, his thumbs rubbing against her cheek, it settled her down. Rooted her back in the now, in the here. She let him pull her towards him, following him onto the bed eventually when he moved towards the head of the bed. She curled up in his arms, they folded around her and she let out a sigh. She pressed the side of her face against his chest, one of her hands moved up and came to a rest next to her face and she could feel his heart beat against the palm of her hand.

She smiled, closing her eyes as she let his warmth envelope her.

Sam spoke, starting a story and she opened her eyes, moving her head so she could look at his face. He was telling about how he manifested his mutation for the first time. He had been trapped due to a mine cave-in.

That must have been scary. Both the cave-in and manifesting. He told as much when he said he had stayed home for nine days and then a girl had lured him back out of the house. That made her smile a bit. Yet when he said that it had taken him months to proper utilise his mutation she felt the smile falter.

“I don’t want to cause catastrophic results.” She didn’t even know the full extent of what she could do. She was stronger, more agile, she could heal cuts and bruises but there was more. She knew there was more but they hadn’t tested her fully. Not like they had Jenna.

“I know there’s more.” Something inside of her told her so. There was this urge, a need calling to her. “I can feel it inside me.” She whispered.

Her fingers trailed up, letting them rest against his jaw. “What if it’s a bad thing?”
02:28 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
02-28-2019, 02:28 PM
[In-Character] [Post #19]
There was an awful shiver of hesitation in her when he noted the lacking ability he had held over his mutation in the beginning, but it was necessary to point it out. He might seem decently put together, adept enough with the abilities at his disposal, but the acuity hadn’t occurred over night. It had taken time. It had been both exciting and frightening at the same time. Fear ruled when his abilities had gone awry, but excitement and pride would flare just as brightly when he learned to harness control.

It was a learning curve, no different than undertaking the evolution of one’s own life.

“No one said that you needed to.” He replied. She didn’t want to cause harm or damage. “You’re with me, you’re with Benji and Kira, and everyone else in this building. And Each individual present has undergone some kind of change that we’ve each had to deal with.” Except, perhaps for Elise. The girl was still about as human as they came, even if he had coaxed that Ericka chick into shooting her. That was possibly a change. No bullet hole to a sudden bullet hole. There change. The girl knew change too, then. “This is likely the safest place for you to be.”

Each mutant in their number had some ability to guard themselves from any haywire effect Kate’s presence could rouse or cause. And the likes of Kira being present could soothe any break, Beth could likely dampen any fall out.

He wondered about the blocks that Benji had had placed in his mind, though they had been erected to curb psychic abilities. He wasn’t sure lines drawn in her head would suppress the newfound strength in her hands. And she didn’t need any healing ability stifled.

He gave a nod when she noted that she was sure there was more, that she could potentially fee more still lingering, quietly in wait for the perfect moment to surface.

Fingers slipped along the line of his jaw and he tipped himself just enough to look back down at her, let his eyes trace the shape of her face, the turn of her nose and the sad little pout of her mouth. He leaned in slightly, skimming his mouth along hers, only to pause when she spoke again, further concern in her voice. Sam smirked and bit back the threat of a chuckle when his first thought was likely not anything that she was likely considering. “Do you mean like turning into a dragon? Because I can assure you that the kids will find that highly entertaining.” He didn’t know anyone that could turn into a dragon, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t a possibility. Clint Barton’s offspring turning into a giant reptile was…quite a thought.

“You’ll learn.” He assured her. “We’ll help you.”
02-28-2019
04:26 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
02-28-2019, 04:26 PM
[In-Character] [Post #20]
“Not so sure Benji wants to be in the same room with me again.” She told him honestly, grimacing when he brought the man up. She had seriously injured him and the idiot hadn’t even put in effort to hurt her back. Which had enraged her even more and she had taken it out on him. Just like they had wanted her to do. Afterwards he hadn’t looked at her, his gaze averted as she had been hauled out of the room.

And yeah, the theatre was most likely the safest place for her to be, especially if this thing inside of her came out and it wasn’t something she could contain.

There were enough people around to counter any damage she could cause. Okay that eased her mind a little. Just a little. Until she found out what it was exactly what she could do more, she would still feel like a walking time bomb.

Sam’s lips against hers, made her ease down even more until he didn’t push through on the kiss and her eyes locked on him instantly. He was amused? And then he asked if she thought turning into a dragon was the bad thing. She frowned slightly, pondering and going over it in her mind. “Can it at least be a purple one then?” She just went along, she was tired of feeling so insecure. She hated that, really hated that.

Kate moved closer, just enough so she was only an inch away from his face with her own as he promised her that they would help her learn.

She smiled at him, her fingers were still lingering on his face and she pressed her lips against his. “Maybe we should do some more kissing before I turn into a dragon and gobble you up.” She murmured against his lips.

“Would be a damn shame if that happened.” She brushed her lips against his. Because I think I’m in love with you. The thought lingered in the back of her mind, and she let it settle there while her heart did a happy beat in her chest.