Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
05-22-2015, 05:50 AM
From the guidelines:

No clones or aliens unless approved by management.

It's fair to say that we didn't deviate from the first Gen you can mention Aliens in your bio, how else could we explain The Thing and Captain Marvel, but they cannot be played.

And what kind of magical creatures/entities are we talking about?
07:44 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
Name: Stephen (M)
05-22-2015, 07:44 AM
Cool. As long as the alien/magical entity does not get its own character in-game and merely appear in character's the bio, then that should be fine.

I was talking about entities like The Vishanti, The Principalities, etc. (Doctor Strange stuff, sorry if I lost you here...). Even in the comics, these creatures don't get their own centric storyline, so I assume that these are fine to be mentioned just in the bio.

But what about summoned magical creatures like Golems, the Mindless Ones or hellspawn (imps, evil bamfs) - as long as they don't have a will of their own - would these be allowed to be summoned and unsummoned as part of a magical character's powerscope?

05-22-2015
03:49 PM
Celestial
Empathic Sorrow

Contributor
Name: Justin (M)
05-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Zendatha

Are power-dampening collars a thing in DOFP? Like how they'd shock the mutant trying to use his/her powers in the classic cartoons.

Otherwise, I couldn't think of any other way my character would get to move about while in custody of the SGF other than to hook him up to the network.
JP was collared and that's how they keep him under control during his pre-registration appearances.
05-22-2015
03:53 PM
Bloodshadow
Do It Again

Contributor
Name: Phillip (M)
Style: Phoenix
05-22-2015, 03:53 PM
That's a good question. I was considering playing Gamora. I've been playing Marvel: Contest of Champions on my iPhone and I've been introduced to some great characters.

Nevermind! ;-p This Last Post button is taking some getting use too. It takes me to the last post I haven't read rather than the last post of the thread.

Make a cast, of my body. Pull back out. So that I can see.
Let go of, how you knew me. Let go of, what I used to be.
05-26-2015
06:57 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
05-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by Monument

That's a good question. I was considering playing Gamora. I've been playing Marvel: Contest of Champions on my iPhone and I've been introduced to some great characters.

Nevermind! ;-p This Last Post button is taking some getting use too. It takes me to the last post I haven't read rather than the last post of the thread.
Not to be fanning the flames, but retconning character histories has always been a thing - even in the comics.

Like how Drax was originally a human male taken by the Titans (like, those who live on the moon, Titan) and genetically altered to become Thanos' adversary in the comics. He started out as human, aliens intervened, and BAM!, he's a super now. (Gamora's history seems complicated, but feel free to go crazy and whip something up. Lemme know if you'd need help on that, too. )

And a question that's been puzzling me: given that Sentinels are being rigged with mutant powers, have they found a way to rig psychic or psionic powers? Am thinking this might be the only powerset that the Sentinels might not get to incorporate, but yeah, just putting it out there...

05-26-2015
07:59 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
05-26-2015, 07:59 AM
it is why we were working on a Sentinel bio: tadaaaa
03:57 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
06-28-2015, 03:57 AM
Just wondering, in the When Lights Go Out event, are the powers of those mutants captured by the SGF down and unusable due to whatever was done to them in tandem with the dampeners? Or are they still able to use their powers at a fraction of what it normally is?

06-30-2015
09:47 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
06-30-2015, 09:47 PM
Dampeners are set up around the entire facility and employed at other facilities as well as in parts of "New" cities. Most mutants have single mutations and dampeners were reverse engineered to identify the x-gene and designed to inhibit it. If anyone has access to any measure of their ability(ies) while incarcerated, they would be Omega-level abilities in an extremely minute measure - not necessarily omega level mutants, as some mutants have the occasional secondary mutations. As technology has been developed and evolved, mutations beyond primary have also been successfully hampered. If any mutant would retain any measure of their mutations - again very minute and rare - they would be dealt with on an individual basis. You are welcome to contact me if you have further questions or want further clarification