08-12-2008
01:24 AM
vanilla twilight.

Contributor
Name: Jarrod (M)
Coven: FGB - 4T
08-12-2008, 01:24 AM
90210 [Post #1]
90210 looks at life through the eyes of Annie Wilson (Shenae Grimes) and her brother Dixon (Tristan Wilds), whose first day at West Beverly Hills High School leaves no doubt they're not in Kansas anymore. The Wilson family, including dad Harry (Rob Estes) and mom Debbie (Lori Loughlin), has relocated to Beverly Hills to keep an eye on Harry's mother Tabitha (Jessica Walter), a feisty-but-faded former television star and a charter member of the Betty Ford Clinic. For Annie and Dixon, the awkwardness of being the new kids is made worse by the fact that their dad has taken a job as the high school principal. The school is one big culture shock for Annie, a sweet and friendly girl with a passion for theater, and Dixon, a star athlete and scholar who was adopted by the Wilson family after they took him in as a foster child. Annie and Dixon have a close sibling relationship, which they'll need to help them cope with all the new cliques and classmates, including Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord), a hot, spoiled, rich girl; Ethan (Dustin Milligan), a popular jock whose abilities rival Dixon's; Navid (Michael Steger), an aspiring reporter who heads up the school's daily newscast; and Silver (Jessica Stroup), a rebel who produces and stars in a YouTube-type video series. Even the faculty seems hip and sophisticated at WBHHS, such as smart and funny teacher Ryan Matthews (Ryan Eggold), beautiful guidance counselor Kelly Taylor (Jennie Garth), and successful theater actress turned high school musical director Brenda Walsh (Shannen Doherty). Kelly's former classmate, Donna Martin (Tori Spelling), owns a local clothing boutique. The Wilson family has just begun to realize how much their lives are about to change.

It took me awhile, but Iím finally excited about this new upcoming spin off!

The actual series was a bit before my time for me to actually get into it, but this spin off is definitely looking to be just as good. I also canít wait to see Shannen Doherty back on the small screen - for hopefully more than three to four seasons. Iíve heard that Tori Spelling is no longer attached to the show, which is kind of a bummer. Apparently sheís stepping out as The CW has offered a much higher pay for returning Jennie and Shannen rather than herself. I donít know. Hopefully itíll work out.

Opinions? Anyone else excited about this?
08-12-2008
03:31 AM
Shadow Child

Contributor
Coven:
08-12-2008, 03:31 AM
I don't know if I will actually watch this. [b]90210[b] definitely reads a hit or miss show to me, either going to be a success or a complete failure.

Personally, I think the original series is definitely a classic which shouldn't even receive a spin-off. It needs to just be remained untouched in television history.
08-14-2008
07:08 PM
burning bright
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Gina (F)
Coven: DE
08-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't know what to think. I didn't watch BH 90210 all that often but when I did, it was Brenda & Kelly I took the most interest in (along with Brendan, Dylan & Valerie). It's a shame Priestley & Perry have refused to appear in the project. I don't know whether I'll like this but should I get the chance to, I'll certainly give it a watch.
09-01-2008
12:03 AM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Coven: A7A
Style: Sovereign
09-01-2008, 12:03 AM
I'll check the show out, no doubt about that. But I have a feeling that unless they really hit the major jackpot with the new cast (and I highly doubt that, too many show that have the old 90210 drama perfected to a max and improved these days) attention will turn back to the old cast. They were who made the show, and I believe a large chunk of people watching this will be watching it because they were around when the first version was on air.

So yeah ... I think this is either a 1 season stint or a re-enactment of the original show going "now that they're 30..."

bury my heart next to yours
09-04-2008
09:03 AM
remember when...

Contributor
Name: Mel (F)
Coven:
09-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh my vacuous teen drama! (Said with love, not derogatory) Call me surprised but I actually enjoyed the first two episodes. Mind you I think I'm more interested in the adult (well those playing adults) faction of the cast and their story lines and, of course, Kellan Lutz's role (what? I'm completely superficial). Although probably only 4 of our teens don't annoy me (Dixon, Silver, Navid and to some extent, Ethan) I'm really interested to find out what's going to happen the rest of the season. Looks like we're all set for drama, drama, drama (and yay! Kelly & Brenda!).
05:12 AM
two souls in a ghost town
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Coven: WAR7ORD
09-05-2008, 05:12 AM
I'm with you Mel; I enjoyed the first two eps, but not so much for the teen side. The main girl just really annoys me.

Seeing Shannen Doherty was great, though.

money, power & gloryó
I wanna take you for all that you got
09-11-2008
08:13 PM
Shadow Child
Name: Tania (F)
Coven: ADA-2
09-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Shannen looked kinda bloated imho. I loved seeing her, and I really liked the mature version of Kelly, but if I stick with this show it won't be because of them. The teen cast seems okayish, but I'd like to see a few more episodes before Ι decide whether it's worth my time. So far I'm really fond of Silver and the professor. Naomi a bit too, but the siblings just don't do it for me. They are not Brandon and Brenda, no way...

There will be more oldies visiting if the show is a hit, maybe that will encourage some of the old fans to keep watching. Yet, I wonder whether it's better to leave us with the gracious memories of the original 90210 than serve us a mediocre spin off...
02-14-2009
12:40 AM
Forbidden Fruit.

Contributor
Name: Toni (F)
Coven: ADA-1
02-14-2009, 12:40 AM
i like this show. but its depressing because its always sunny there and here its been snowing like crazy. I think their Grandma is crazy but hilarious.

ive never watched the old ones but im getting into this one nicely. and ethans pretty hot so thats a nice bonus. maybe it will fill my OC void for a while.
09:17 AM
Teen Idle

Contributor
Name: Carly (F)
Coven: MotC
02-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I've watched the first 3 episodes of this show now and I kinda like it. It's not the best show on TV but it's not terrible either.
12-27-2012
07:28 PM
FIFTY SHADES OF BLOOD
Name: Krys (F)
Coven: ADA~T
Style: Departed
12-27-2012, 07:28 PM
I lost track after Kelly came back and Brenda, after that I couldn't. I just miss the original 90210. Nothings like it, but my friend said i should try watching it. I might catch up when im in the mood.