Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
01-11-2019, 09:27 PM
Laser Tag FTW! [Post #1]
Laser Tag FTW!

Benji decided he wanted to go out, do something fun. Like Laser Tag. But he wasn't planning on going alone. So he looped in Sam, told him his plan but the guy was already having plans with Kate. So Benji convinced him to do a double date, he was sure he could get Kira to join them. Sam finally caved and tonight is the night the four of them are going out.

Location: an abandoned apartment building remodelled for laser tag

RULES
* For all
* About two weeks after the Dinner Party
* All GENEsis and Board rules apply.
11:39 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
01-11-2019, 11:39 PM
[In-Character] [Post #2]
Her fingers worked as quickly as they could manage drawing the braid downward towards and over her left shoulder. Once the ends were sufficiently worked together, she twisted it back, curling it around, and tucked the end in underneath, securing them with pins behind her left ear. She reached for the door to her room and turned it without bothering to knock, it was still somewhat of a foreign concept to have to do so.

Kate was standing half dressed in front of their little shared closet, staring almost helplessly. She felt herself frown at the sight, wondering what had possessed her to decide on a top and socks, but apparently no further function to decide on pants.

“Leggings.” She finally told her. “You don’t want to wear jeans for laser tag,” Unless they were super stretch. Trying to crouch down in jeans could often inhibited or slow blood flow, no matter how briefly, and made popping back up to your feet slower.

She set her hands on the other girl’s still unmoving shoulders and maneuvered her out of the way, then reached in and picked on a pair of black and gray leggings that she pushed against the girl’s chest, prompting her to lift her arms to accept them. Digging through one of the drawers, she pulled out a supportive sports bra equipped with underwires and handed that back as well. “Trust me, you don’t want your boobs flopping around.” Didn’t matter the size they were, boobs flopped. It was easy to intermingle their clothing since they were somewhat similar in size.

“Don’t wear clunky shoes.” She advised, finding Kate hadn’t even yet bothered with shoes. She decided on light running shoes and a pair of lighter combat style boots. “Either of these will work.”

She had decided on black and blue leggings, sports bra, fitted tank, and loose top. Then had slipped on a fitted canvas jacket and pull on running shoes. “I mean, you can wear what you feel comfortable in, but those,” she pointed at the items she had handed to her, “will suit you better for the laser tag that’s been decided on.”
01-12-2019
12:17 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-12-2019, 12:17 AM
[In-Character] [Post #3]
Kate was freaking out slightly, she was supposed to just have alone time with Sam but then Benji had bounded up to her and told her basically she was supposed to get out with him, Kira and Sam. Laser tag. The four of them. At first it had excited her because they were doing something she was pretty good at. Aiming and shooting people.

But then it had settled in. This was like a date. An official date and she had frozen up in front of her closet. Socks and a top and the longer she stared at the contents of her closet, the more freaked out she got.

Then Kira stepped into their room and she started talking. Kate just stared at her. They were words, she knew that but they weren’t making any sense to her right now. Not one bit.

Kira moved her out of the way, and Kate watched how she picked up a pair of leggings and then she ended up with them in her hands. Kira wasn’t done, picked out a sportsbra and Kate took it from her. She started to thaw out, even smiled at Kira’s words about flopping boobs. Right, that’s not something you want to have. Shoes were last and from the two options presented she went of course with the combat style boots.

“Thank you.” Kate said with a sigh of relief. She walked to her bed, dropped the items on it and pulled the top she was wearing over her head. Got rid of the bra and put on the sportsbra that Kira had picked out. They were comfy, and yeah no flopping boobs. At least she had been smart enough to go for a pair of black boxer briefs. She pulled on the leggings, went back to her closet, grabbed a black tank top and a light grey loose top, like Kira, pulled them on and went back to put the shoes on.

She pulled her hair up in a high ponytail, grabbed her black leather jacket and turned to look at Kira. “Do I look okay?” She asked nervously. Not really wanting to outright ask if she thought that Sam would like what she was wearing.

“And sorry for spacing out… “ Because she knew she had looked like a zombie just standing there.
02:19 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
01-13-2019, 02:19 PM
[In-Character] [Post #4]
Jenna smiled. The silence between Nathan and her during the ride was not an unpleasant one. Her brother was in the driver’s seat. It was his car. He had picked her up about three hours ago, had taken her to her favourite Italian restaurant and now he had the both of them headed towards … a surprise. Jenna figured it was either paintball or laser tag. She knew her brother better than he thought. In his mind, Jenna had not grown past the age of sixteen. She was still a tomboy, dying to compete against her big brother and all of his army buddies whenever they were willing to humour the newly mourning girl and took her along.

His overprotectiveness of her had lessened a little during the past three years. Possibly because now he had official ways and means to always be in the know about what she got up to – down the point where she had to take orders from him as her unit chief. But Jenna preferred to think that he finally believed that she had come back from her tours prepared. Maybe because she had saved his life twice in the past eighteen months – and she knew that the third time would come.

Of course, what spoke against it was the fact that Nathan would generally team her up not with one but two of their team members. Sanders and Norton. Former being Harley Sanders, a female investigator closer to Nathan’s age. Reeve Norton was tall, square in the shoulders. The second man behind Nathan even though he was closer in age to her than to her older brother.

Her watchdog. Jenna sighed. There was no point in denying it.

“What’s up, kid?” Nathan asked. “It’s your special day. What’s with the mood?”
“Nate, we’re not twelve anymore.”
“I barely feel a day older than that.”
“Don’t I know it”, she threw back and laughed.
“Seriously, stop beating yourself up…”

This had her smile. Typical Nathan, ask her about her mood when he knew exactly what was bothering her. Two days ago, her partner – Reeve Norton – had gotten himself seriously injured as he totalled a car during a chase. Since then, Sanders and her had taken turn at his bedside. Of course, Jenna hated that her partner doubled as her brother’s second set of eyes of ears. And yet, seeing the guy hooked up to machines made her growl deep in her chest.

So it was Sanders at his bedside today. With Norton down, Jenna was glad that for once Nathan had not dragged the rest of the team into whatever it was he had planned for her birthday. It would have been a strange mood.

“I was supposed to drive.” She said.
Nathan pushed his lips into a thin line. And Jenna knew what he was thinking. I’m glad it’s not you in that bed.
Jenna had no words to say to that. The smile slipped off of her lips and she looked outside the window. Two days ago, she ought to have driven while Reeve rode shotgun. And yet, him getting to the car first, they had switched positions. To prevent them from slipping over the edge of a bridge, Reeve had steered the car towards oncoming traffic, ramming the driver’s side into the side of a truck.

Jenna could not help think that she would have probably climbed out of that car while Reeve could no more. But she could not tell Nathan that.

“He’s going to be fine”, Nathan said and Jenna knew that he wanted to believe it as much as he wanted her to believe it.
“I know”, she said. Just that really no one knew whether he would be.
“Jen”, he prompted her, equally struggling with the mood all of a sudden.
“I shot the mood again”, she stated.
Nathan chuckled at that. “You’re really good at it.”

He slowed down the car eventually and Jenna smiled as she looked outside. “Laser Game?”
“You owe me a revenge.”
“Oh, so you think you can actually win this against me?”
“Best out of five?”
This had her laugh out loud as Nathan pulled the car into a parking spot. “Dream on, big brother… dream on.”
Jenna got out of the car, standing in the parking lot for a moment while her brother got her things. She was wearing black leggings, a dark brown turtleneck sweater and matching no-heels ankle boots. A short jeans jacket lined with fake fur completed the look. She had her dark brown hair pulled up into a ponytail. She would braid it before they started, she decided. Almost a perfectly suitable outfit for the occasion.

Jenna was glad this place had won out over the paintball option.

“If I win, I want icecream”, she announced when Nathan finally stood and shut the car door behind him.
“If I win, we’re having icecream … but you’re buying.”

This made her throw her head back and lough out loud. Eventually, as she calmed down again and they started moving towards the laser game hall’s entrance, she hooked her arm through his. “I’ll try not to obliterate you, big brother.”

bury my heart next to yours
01-14-2019
09:16 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-14-2019, 09:16 AM
[In-Character] [Post #5]
Benji was stoked, no he was beyond stoked, because not in a million years had he thought Sam would go for this. Well he probably would have gone laser tagging with him but not on some sort of double date construction. Kate wasn’t really a fan of him, or so he got the feeling. All they did were snipe at each other. In a friendly sort of way. It reminded him of his sister and him.

And then he thought about how he still hadn’t found her. And that made him think about his parents who were still mysteriously gone as well. If he hadn’t found Sam and Amara, and now this place…

He looked around his secret hide out, which wasn’t that secret anymore. He had done as Kira asked, dusted the whole room so she wouldn’t end up in coughing fit every time she came over, and moved things around to make place for a bed. The bed, the one where he was now sitting on, had been an adventure to begin with.

There was no way in hell that he could have gotten it in this room without moving everything out of the way but Benji didn’t want to do that. Especially that little Victorian set up in the middle of the room. So, instead he moved a few clothing racks out of the way, dusted some more and then tried to warp in a bed. That had gone super swell.

Except not.

First try, the bed had stuck half way out of the wall. Second try, from the ceiling and third… well he still didn’t want to talk about it. Then Wanda had shown up, girl had similar powers to his, only hers worked properly. Her reasoning for coming was that he was disturbing the plane too much with his half assed warping. So she helped him, and now he had a king sized bed in this room and he had slowly been migrating his stuff from his shared room with Sam to this one.

He loved the dude like a brother but Benji needed his own space. Especially if Kira kept showing up like she did for ‘beer pong’. Besides, Sam had been spending more time with Kate and he didn’t want to stand in the way of that either.

He tied his boots, grabbed his jacket next to him and left his room. Benji made the short trek to his old room and barged in without knocking. “Dude, you ready?”
07:45 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
01-16-2019, 07:45 AM
[In-Character] [Post #6]
This was not his idea. He had thought about taking Kate out for something simpler, a walk that was outside the theater, somewhere to eat. Something somewhat less intense than laser tag. Especially given her skillset. He had only seen her draw her bow once, but given who she had confessed the identity of her father being, he doubted she was shoddy with another weapon in her hands. It was mostly hand eye coordination.

Paige had given him specific instructions to not cheat and to not be an asshole. He had scoffed, taking her words to heart and tucking them away. She had commented on how he was a crappy loser and then he had informed her that he would likely be teaming up with Kate. That would put Benji with Kira and he was sure that he and Kate would mop the floor with them. Even if they bent their abilities, his functioned properly, Benji still conjured the likes of sparrows when he was trying to warp bread slices into the toaster.

And Kira just…healed people. Made humans drunk and weird.

He picked his jacket up off the end of his bed and slid it onto his arms.

The door opened without a knock or announcement and Benji strolled in like he owned the place. “Dude.” He frowned at him. “You moved your stuff out.” Which Benji hadn’t initially said anything about, it just randomly started disappearing and he had wondered if Benji had warped stuff out. Then he had wondered about where it all might have ended up if he hadn’t physically walked it out of the room. “Not your room anymore.” He pointed out.

He moved towards him and knocked his knuckles against the door. “Want to practice?” He repeated the motion. “Come on, come try it out.” Knocking.

“Seen the girls yet?” He asked as he moved out into the hall and pulled the door shut once Benji had stepped out with him. “And where is this place?” He stepped around the smaller figure of Megan as she moved by them, catching up with Chris.

He reached towards the door when it opened, and Kira stepped out first, practically mowed him over. A hand reflexively set around her upper arm and the other at her waist to stabilize her. She looked him up and down and then shoved a palm against his chest, swatted his hands away from her.
01-16-2019
11:05 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-16-2019, 11:05 AM
[In-Character] [Post #7]
“Dude.” Benji replied when Sam called him out. “I did, and I know.” He smirked at his friend, when he told him that he had moved his stuff out and this was effectively not his room anymore. Then Sam decided to show him how knocking worked and if he wanted to practice. That made Benji laugh a little. “I know how to knock. Just knew you were alone in here.” Since he was pretty sure Kate was still with Kira in their room. How he knew? He tried not to think about it.

“You’re not upset I left you alone in here, are you? Because, I’m not sure you would have liked walking in on me and Kira all the time…” He told Sam with a grin. “And no, I haven’t seen the girls yet.” Moving out of the room after his buddy.

Benji stepped around Megan as well and fell in line next to Sam. “It’s a couple of blocks away from here, we could walk or take an uber.” He pondered, not even sure they could even all fit into one car. Although they did have a tiny human girl with them, she could just sit on Sam’s lap or something. Or Kira could sit on his… mmm that would be nice but would it be smart?

They reached the girls room and Kira ran into Sam, who tried to make sure she wouldn’t fall over. Yet, Kira started to swat Sam’s hands away. That made him grin, he reached around Sam and took her hands in his, pulling her towards him. “Don’t damage the merchandise for Kate.” He told her with a grin.

“You guys ready?” He asked her, looking behind her and seeing Kate pulling their door closed. Benji looked back at Kira, moving his head to put his mouth next to her before he whispered. “You look rather edible tonight.” Before moving his lips to her cheek and giving her kiss.

“We’re ready.” Kate answered, she looked flustered and that made Benji grin even more and normally he would have commented on it but he had promised Kira to behave like a civilised human being.

”Don’t be an asshole.” Had been her literal words. So he would be good. For now.

Kate stepped up next to Sam, looking up at him beaming with one of the brightest smiles he hadn’t seen her produce when around other people. Something she probably just saved for Sam alone. Lucky guy.

“We’re teaming up against them, right?” She asked Sam, with a huge grin.
06:15 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
01-17-2019, 06:15 AM
[In-Character] [Post #8]
More hands appeared around Sam and one latched onto her wrist, drawing her away from the man that was somehow related to Paige. She had even asked if there was a generous age gap to which Paige had informed her that no, there were only a fair few years between herself and her brother.

She rolled her eyes at Benji’s comment. Merchandise. There was little in the way of damage that she could inflict. She would likely be guilted into making repairs if she managed any.

When he questioned whether or not they were ready, she shrugged and tipped her head slightly. “I can’t speak for Kate being ready.” She was surprised she had coerced the girl into motion, were she being honest, after she had found her staring into the closet hoping for the clothing to dress her. “She is dressed, though.” She had at least made sure of that.

He leaned forward and down to her level to put his cheek beside her ear, and she smiled wide when he commented on the way that she looked. “Is that a promise?” He touched a lingering kiss to her cheek and her hand lifted of its own accord to gently scrape her fingers along his jaw.

Kate spoke up behind her, the sound of the door being drawn shut signifying that she was as ready as she could be. She wasn’t sure if it was nerves that had Kate all out of sorts, or if she was peeved that Benji had hijacked what had been apparently meant to be something far quieter between just her and Sam. She wondered, once more, if Benji had pushed the idea and how hard he had done so. Or if it had been a casual insistence that they pair up and Sam had just gone with it. Did he like his plans had been altered?

She pursed her lips and reeled her thoughts back to herself.

When the other woman spoke, suddenly brighter than she had been in the last hour, Kira set her hands on her hips. “You mean you don’t want to be on my team?” She pressed and stuck her lower lip outward. “I thought it was meant to be us against them.” She gestured with her thumb at Sam and Benji. Then she huffed out a sigh. “Fine.” And then she walked away from them and towards the east exit that would put them into the alleyway that fed up to the main road.

Kate could be on Sam’s team then, though she didn’t see the point of teaming up with your date mate.
01-17-2019
10:26 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
01-17-2019, 10:26 PM
[In-Character] [Post #9]
Okay Kate felt slightly horrible about asking Sam to team up with her. She should have stuck with Kira, do the whole girls against boys kind of thing and make sure that taking them on would have been not so smart. But when around Sam, she couldn’t think straight. And now she wasn’t sure if Kira was offended by this all or if it had been acting.

They had decided on walking to the laser tag building and were almost there. Kate was getting giddy over it, finally getting to show of her skills and all in good fun. Or well, she was sort of competitive… Okay she was downright ridiculous competitive, it would go down hard because she played to win.

“We’re here.” Benji spoke up, coming to a stop in front of a building. Kate looked up at it and frowned. “You sure?” It looked dubious to her, why would anyone put a laser tag up in here? But then again, if they had done it right…

“Yeah, it’s a converted apartment building. We get a whole floor to ourselves.” Benji sounded positively way too happy about that. He tugged Kira along, walked through the door and left Kate with Sam.

She looked up at him and lifted her shoulders in a shrug. “He sounds far too happy about this.” Kate told him. “I have this urge to wipe that smile from his face when I beat his ass at this game.” There it was, that competitive streak. “Sorry, I get a bit competitive.” She told him, taking his hand and pulling him towards the entrance.

“I know this is all in good fun but you know…” She looked back at him with a big grin on her face. “… I like winning.”