Midnight Shadows Distraction & Recreation The Underground [Out Of Character] Last Book You Read

07-20-2014
10:17 PM
Love all, trust a few.
Name: Daphne (F)
Coven: Guide
07-20-2014, 10:17 PM
The Diving Bell And The Butterfly - Jean-Dominique Bauby

Loved it. A very strange book about a man in a very strange situation, but mesmerizing in all its autobiographical simplicity.
09:10 AM
Love all, trust a few.
Name: Daphne (F)
07-26-2014, 09:10 AM
The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

I liked it. At first I found it hard to really get into, but the promise of mysteries unraveled kept me going and I loved reading it. While I like the ending of the story, I don't particularly like the ending of the book itself. Still more than worth a read.
03:49 PM
two souls in a ghost town
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Coven: WAR7ORD
07-28-2014, 03:49 PM
^ I read that book last winter when I got it as a Christmas gift! I really loved the descriptions and characters, but yeah, not so much the ending.

Life After Life - Kate Atkinson

It took me a while to finish this one. It's about a woman's many lives throughout the early 1900's and mainly up to WWII - when she dies, she starts over from her birth and doesn't really have any idea of what happened before, just sometimes a vague feeling of deja vu, especially as a child. It's interesting to see a lot of different perspectives, including one where she was in Germany and got close to Hitler's inner circle. It does jump around to a lot of tangents, in my opinion.

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got
02-01-2015
06:32 PM
Supervisor
Contributor
02-01-2015, 06:32 PM
We Were Liars - E. Lockheart

I couldn't really put this book down—the pacing was great, and the story really makes you want to keep reading to find out what happened to the main character.

It's about this pretty and privileged girl named Cady Sinclair. Every summer, she goes to her family's island and becomes close with her two cousins and a family friend. Somehow, she gets into an accident and loses the memory of her 15th summer, and when she returns to the island two years later, she starts to slowly remember why her family has changed since her accident and what really happened two years ago.

money, power & glory
02-06-2015
11:29 PM
Fire and Blood

Contributor
Name: Kieran (M)
Coven: FGB II
Style: Sovereign
02-06-2015, 11:29 PM
The Highway Code - DVLA.

Finished what I need to learn from this for my test on Monday.

I can't believe how many rules there are for pedestrians and I knew hardly any of them.
04:41 AM
Supervisor
Contributor
02-09-2015, 04:41 AM
^ lol!

Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn

Finished this book today—it's a pretty dark book about a reporter who had issues with cutting herself. She's got a dysfunctional relationship with her mother and half-sister and is investigating the murders of two little girls in her hometown. It's a great mystery, though the ending felt a little bit rushed.

money, power & glory
08-17-2015
03:58 PM
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Bonnie (F)
08-17-2015, 03:58 PM
Debt of Bones - Terry Goodkind

It's as awesome as the synopsis says it'll be. It explains an event from Zedd's past that was only touched upon in Wizard's First Rule, and it's a great supplement. He's an awesome writer, and I can't wait to read the rest of this series!
10:20 AM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Coven: A7A
Style: Sovereign
10-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Exposed - Alex Kava

Still loving my crime novels. Alex Kava has a style in building her cast and storylines that reminds me of Karin Slaughter. I guess that's one reason why I really like this series (Maggie O'Dell). Exposed took a few shortcuts IMHO with something that could have gone much worse... but in the end it's very enjoyable fiction so why the heck not

bury my heart next to yours