over the rainbow
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Hilary (F)
Coven: 7GB
06-10-2009, 04:59 AM
True Blood [Post #1]
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

True Blood is an American television drama series created and produced by Alan Ball. It is based on the Sookie Stackhouse book series (known as The Southern Vampire Mysteries) by Charlaine Harris. The show is broadcast on the premium cable network HBO in the United States. It is produced by HBO in association with Ball's production company, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment.[1] It premiered on 7 September 2008.
The show's second 12-episode season will premiere on 14 June 2009.
True Blood details the co-existence of vampires and humans in Bon Temps, a fictional small northern Louisiana town. The series centers on Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), a telepathic waitress at a bar, who falls in love with vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). [1][2]
The first season received critical acclaim and won several awards, including one Golden Globe.
Has anyone else been watching it? I just finished watching the premiere and... kinda sorta hooked
07:34 AM
.scarlet.

Contributor
Name: Astrid (F)
Coven: FGB-T
06-10-2009, 07:34 AM
OH SQUEE! You watch it, too?!!! I've finished Season 1 (quite some time ago) and I enjoyed it~

Of course, I watch it mainly for Anna Paquin (who won the Golden Globe), but I think Lafayette is Teh Bomb...

I remember that when it first came out, people were yelling about the similarities between it and Twilight. Well, True Blood is very much more adult... and I daresay, very much better written and made as opposed to that other fandom.

Looking forward to S2, now!
08:12 AM
synchronize our feelings
Name: Luis (M)
Coven:
06-10-2009, 08:12 AM
*hugs Hil for just making this thread * Keep watching it! This show is so made of awesomeness.

I've finished Season One as well, and every single episode is top-notch written, acted, directed, etc. A couple of friends had watched it and since it involved the spectacular Anna Paquin, I gave it a shot. After the first episode, I was hooked too : P Anna deserves that Golden Globe she won. The entire cast deliver their respective characters exquisitely.

Lafayette is Yay! And Tara is censored love :hugs:

If Twilight made me lose faith in vampires, True Blood brought it back. Relationships in this show (romantic, friendships, etc.) are well-written, very real. Of course, I think one could be fan of both fandoms, I'm not judging anybody's likes But if you liked Twilight, and think you can handle something a little bit darker, go watch this show NOW!
12:49 PM
over the rainbow
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Hilary (F)
Coven: 7GB
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
So, after going through and watching the first 9 episodes (yay for staying up all night! ), I have to admit that this show keeps on delivering and delivering. As far as Twilight is concerned, I'm pretty sure the series of books that True Blood is based on came out before the Twilight series, right? You can definitely see where certain things were just straight out copied, but if anything it only adds to the amazingness of the show It's so well done and acted that I'm having to force myself into bed, here. Final three eps later today!
12:56 PM
.scarlet.

Contributor
Name: Astrid (F)
Coven: FGB-T
06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Yes, the Sookie Stackhouse series was around long before Twilight. But, then again, love stories between humans and vampires aren't exactly original fare...
04:51 PM
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
Coven: ADA-1
06-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I read some of the books and I've watched a couple of the episodes from the first Season and just saw the previews for the new season - it looks good. I might have to get HBO just so I can watch this show.
06-10-2009
06:29 PM
Do It Again

Contributor
Name: Phillip (M)
Coven: FGB - 2
Style: Phoenix
06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
The DVD is out too! I'm going to by it so I can start the collection. I haven't even seen one episode, but I know I'll like it.

Make a cast, of my body. Pull back out. So that I can see.
Let go of, how you knew me. Let go of, what I used to be.
06-10-2009
06:31 PM
hostage to the light

Contributor
Name: Amy (F)
Coven: Guide
Style: Avengers
06-10-2009, 06:31 PM
I havn't been able to watch it yet, but I really want to. I need to find it online somewhere...
09:10 PM
Young and Beautiful

Contributor
Name: Angelo (M)
Coven: 6
06-10-2009, 09:10 PM
True Blood is pretty much the love of my life!

I have to agree with Luis, Lafayette and Tara are basically made of win Though
Spoiler: (Highlight to read)
I hate that he was killed off so early.

Anna does play a brilliant Sookie I believe and Stephen Moyer does a great job as Bill. Not too big of a fan of the guy they got to play Sam Merlotte. Just not a fan I guess.

The Sookie Stackhouse books are just as good as the show. I'm only on Living Dead In Dallas but they are really good so far. Though I really don't like to compare the two, I can definitely see the similarities between this series and Twilight.
Spoiler: (Highlight to read)
Mind reading, falling for the person whose mind you can't read, having a shape shifter fall in love with you, yada yada.
&
Beautiful
06-11-2009
02:49 AM
right round, round round

Contributor
Name: Kail (M)
Coven: FGB 6
Style: Departed
06-11-2009, 02:49 AM
I tried to watch this but couldn't get into it at all... I even fell asleep during one episode