05:16 PM
Do It Again

Contributor
Name: Phillip (M)
Coven: FGB - 2
Style: Phoenix
03-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Charmed [Post #1]
I'm so shocked to see that there is not a Charmed thread, so I had to post one here. So let's start discussion. Who watches it? How long? Since when? Do you have the DVDs? Any questions about? etc? Talk away people I'm obsessed with the show, and I'm sure there are more people like me in here.

Make a cast, of my body. Pull back out. So that I can see.
Let go of, how you knew me. Let go of, what I used to be.
03-14-2007
07:56 PM
of the dark order

Contributor
Name: Faye (F)
Coven:
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
I first watched it when I realized I could stay up on Friday nights. Haha. I watched it for quite a while, until I just had other things to do, and they aired on weekdays (nights) which made it impossible for me to watch. Initially, my fave character was Prue, and then when she died, it became Paige.

Hm. I'm in love with this show too, but I won't be 'obsessed'.

Take my advice. When the world goes crazy, you run... You runaway. - Nico Minoru, Runaways.
03-15-2007
10:55 AM
open your eyes

Contributor
Name: Rachey (F)
Coven: FGB - 3
03-15-2007, 10:55 AM
I love the earlier seasons of Charmed as opposed to the later episodes. After Wyatt's birth I think a lot of things that I loved about the show went downhill and so I ended up hating his addition to the show. There was too much focus on the 'prophecy child' of a Charmed One and a Whitelighter... then if you watch, he has like 15 powers that I counted! I mean, he was more fricking powerful than the Charmed Ones...

So it was all "What's the point in the Power of Three anymore? Just throw the kid at it!" Season 6 was by far the worst season imho. I was hoping it would end there but Season 7 came along and I grew worried over the show's future... however, Season 7 and 8 pulled together and made the show better than it was but not quite reaching the status it had earlier.

I think it started at Season 5 to go downhill... and I don't blame Paige, she was an awesome character. Though Prue was cool too all the sisters have had their moments of favourites for me. Earlier on it's Phoebe, middle it was Prue, the Paige in the beginning. At the end Piper was and remained.

Well Pampers melt in a Maytag dryer
Crayons go up one drawer higher
Rewind Barney for the sixteenth time
Breakfast, six naps at nine
There's bubble gum in the baby's hair
Sweet potatoes in my lazy chair
Been crazy all day long and it's only Monday
Mr.Mom
03-15-2007
12:24 PM
Blood Ties
Name: Jules (F)
Coven:
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I loved this show!!

I have to say that Phoebe was my favourite character, or Phoebe as the youngest sister was my favourite. I loved how she enjoyed being a witch and just naturally stepped into that role. I loved Phoebe best with Cole! He was such an amazing character that was spoiled due to the amount of times he was brought back. Because these are my favourite couple I loved Season 3 and beginning of Season 4 the best.

For me Piper has the most amazing powers. I love her quirky wit and sarcasm! She's just great and her character, unlike Phoebe's in my opinion, didn't get lost when she became the older sister.

My favourite episode was All Hell Break's Loose. Prue was amazing in this episode and although not my favourite person, she really missed her potential at playing an evil character. I thought her anger at Piper's shotting was well played.

I was sad when the show ended but I think it was time
03-16-2007
01:13 AM
Shadow Child

Contributor
Name: J (M)
Coven:
03-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Who can't love charmed? I hated charmed in season 6 onwards it made no sense to me but still Its charmed and no matter how bad it got (even season 8 bad) I would still watch it.
03-19-2007
08:02 PM
No power in the 'verse
Name: Samantha (F)
Coven: FGB - 1
03-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Charmed is practically my life! I first started watching it half way thorugh the second season. When I realized that they had reruns of the show on a different channel, I tuned in so I could see the whole thing from the beginning.

My favorite character is Phoebe, always has and always will be. Alyssa Milano did an amazing job portraying Phoebe and I love her for it. Phoebe's appeal to me was that she was the one most interested in being a witch at the beginning and in later seasons foucsed more on her work then on magic. I agree that the show started to go downhill at Season 5 but I still love the show. I own seasons 1-6 on dvd and watch them almost constantly.
10:02 PM
Alejandro
Name: Nate (M)
Coven: F-T
03-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I love Charmed! Although season 7 and onwards will never be as good as 1-5, I still enjoy it very much. Paige is my favorite, followed by Piper. Awesome show I think it had something going for it. To bad it was treated poorly and had to suffer from a bad writters and staff. When Charmed was good though, it was good!
03-20-2007
06:29 AM
open your eyes

Contributor
Name: Rachey (F)
Coven: FGB - 3
03-20-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by Wicked

When Charmed was good though, it was good!
So very true.

Season 6 rolled around and I found I just wanted to the writer's for butchering a show that had been so awesome, yet I suffered through it, as a fan... because I had to see how it ended. Then we were given Season 7 and I found even though I was still forcing myself to watch it began to take it's focus away from Wyatt - which ruined the show for me when it was on Wyatt - and place it back where it belonged, on the sisters. The Charmed Ones. Though that Season Finale.... It was.... lame. I did not like it at all.

Though when a show was good, it did shine through for the rest of us. Which made it so much better and kept us somewhat hopeful that Brad Kern and the others would salvage what was left of the show.

Well Pampers melt in a Maytag dryer
Crayons go up one drawer higher
Rewind Barney for the sixteenth time
Breakfast, six naps at nine
There's bubble gum in the baby's hair
Sweet potatoes in my lazy chair
Been crazy all day long and it's only Monday
Mr.Mom
03-24-2007
11:55 PM
Wanderlust

Contributor
Name: Will (M)
Coven: ADA V
03-24-2007, 11:55 PM
I've been watching Charmed since I was like 8 or so. I have always loved the magical and power aspect of the show, but the show always satisfied me, except when they took Phoebe's powers away. That really pissed me off. xD

I actually cried on the finale. It was so sad to know it was ending. [/emotion]
01:03 AM
vanilla twilight.

Contributor
Name: Jarrod (M)
Coven: FGB - 4T
03-25-2007, 01:03 AM
I've watched forever!

It was good in the beginning. There was so much chemistry at the start of the show. It was different! I have bought the first five seasons and plan on stopping. It started a change and from then on was never different. I thought it was brilliant killing off the oldest sister and making it all change. The show was so promising from that point but in a way they killed it from then on. The only thing that kept me watching through season six, seven and eight must have been the ending or what would happen. There's just a clear division between the fan base. You either go for it from the start [S1 - S4] or the end [S5 - S8]. I'm one of the addicted who enjoyed it from the start.

ETA: It still was a decent show.