Midnight Shadows The Board Games Wrestling With Demons WWD Concerns and Suggestions #1

02-01-2013
04:29 AM
The Heart of Hearts

Contributor
Name: Clint (M)
Coven: A-1,F-1
Style: Arrow
02-01-2013, 04:29 AM
Ok. So this has probably been said before. But eh.

I feel that the Power Missions and Level T should be brought back to FGB. For one, I feel as if FGB has become to mirrored after the ADA. It's almost like we have two Academies. And well, thats to much evil.
To me, the sides need their uniqueness. And one, taking away the difficulty in how a witch/other good doer, gets their powers just takes away to much. I've always viewed that for evil, its easy to be evil. Good need to work hard for what they get. I'm not going at this in a promotion since. But powers. Good should always have to work harder as they have so much to lose, if you look at the bigger picture.

But anyway. Thats just my two cents.
02-01-2013
04:37 AM
Wanderlust

Contributor
Name: Will (M)
Coven: ADA V
02-01-2013, 04:37 AM
I'm sure this has been brought up before and I'm sure I missed the answer to it (probably before I came back), but I think the Wizard's Tower should have an apprentice staff aside from the Guides' other characters to speed up along the process and ease the burden on them as well, similar to the DA.

Though I could be wrong and just not know that you guys take apps for that position. If so, ignore the first part.
05:02 AM
The Heart of Hearts

Contributor
02-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Can't remember if this is the right place. But, my character image doesn't show for my newest character, Alexia. It shows in the character tab of my profile. But not in her bio.
02-04-2013
05:30 AM
Weak Fantasy
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Todd (M)
Coven: DEvil
02-04-2013, 05:30 AM
Should be fixed for you, now.
04:42 PM
The Heart of Hearts

Contributor
02-04-2013, 04:42 PM
02-06-2013
01:46 PM
E T H E R E A L
Name: Stu (M)
Coven: FGB-2
02-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mortal Devices

Ok. So this has probably been said before. But eh.

I feel that the Power Missions and Level T should be brought back to FGB. For one, I feel as if FGB has become to mirrored after the ADA. It's almost like we have two Academies. And well, thats to much evil.
To me, the sides need their uniqueness. And one, taking away the difficulty in how a witch/other good doer, gets their powers just takes away to much. I've always viewed that for evil, its easy to be evil. Good need to work hard for what they get. I'm not going at this in a promotion since. But powers. Good should always have to work harder as they have so much to lose, if you look at the bigger picture.

But anyway. Thats just my two cents.
Good Idea I agree, the power missions/group missions brought a lot to FGB in the old days....good always seemed better with a 'team' experience rather than solitary.

Again; just my 2 cents

...Can you pardon ~ My Past?!
02-06-2013
01:54 PM
Teen Idle

Contributor
Name: Carly (F)
Coven: MotC
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
We tried bringing power missions back not that long ago but they weren't popular and quickly fell inactive. The same with the group missions. If you want to fight in groups there's no reason that you can't PM other players and arrange for a 'group' of you to enter one of the public fight threads to take on demons that way

As for changing the way the FGB works back to the old ways I can tell you that it is very unlikely to happen. We made that change so that things would be fairer on the FGB members. With the lack of side only threads Trainee's had almost nowhere to post to train up their initial power and they were out-powered in the WWD. It wasn't something that we changed on a whim, there was thought that went into it and it's highly unlikely that we're going to change back.
02-25-2013
07:52 AM
Wanderlust

Contributor
Name: Will (M)
Coven: ADA V
02-25-2013, 07:52 AM
I know Astral Projection went through some serious downgrades a couple of years ago, but I almost feel like it's too weak of a power now. There's really nothing special for anyone to choose it over let's say Split or Hades Wave. I feel like it needs a revamp that either allows the astral to have all of your powers or maybe bring back being able to jump into the Astral Plane for 1 post every X amount of posts. Another idea is that the bearer may banish objects into the astral plane and call for them as they wish within level number of posts, like Abraxas could on Charmed. A more radical idea is to allow the astral to jump into another body as a form of possession.

I understand the need to keep powers fair but I think AP really got the short end of the stick compared to all other second body powers. And compared to its fellow Level 1 powers, it's by far the weakest. The only thing nice about the power is that there's something "glamorous" about the power itself, just not what it does.

Anyway, just a suggestion. I just think it'd be nice if the power had something special about it, regardless of how small or big.
02-25-2013
03:02 PM
Teen Idle

Contributor
Name: Carly (F)
Coven: MotC
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
An astral has less access to powers than Splits//zombies/etc but that's to off balance the fact that the astral appears within level range and not within an arms length.

At higher levels an astral can be made to appear halfway across the arena which is an advantage over the other second body powers where they would still have to be summoned within reach.
03-27-2013
01:23 AM
Regenerated

Name: Just call me Renew (F)
Coven:
03-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Is something happening with the FGB training threads? They have gone quiet.