Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Distraction & Recreation   \   The Moonlight   \   How to Keep Active

Renew
Regenerated
Name: Just call me Renew (F)
How to Keep Active
I have slipped into a void with Bobby, it seems. I have thrown her into a couple public threads, sent pm's expressing interest in plots and posted in the offices to ask for threads. So far, I either got no response from most people, others say they are too busy and one other is waiting for a character approval.

Is there anything else I can do? I am considering just solo RPing in one or more public thread until someone comes along.

08-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Funny Girl
Scourge
over the rainbow
Contributor
Name: Hilary (F)
I don't know. I think having her not set things on fire when you're bored is a solid step in the right direction, though. This isn't me trying to make light of the situation, either. Honestly, I don't want a thread with Bobby because of 1) her baggage and getting my chars mixed up in it, effectively making them part of the reason she still sets things on fire, and 2) she still sets things on fire. She's what? Seventeen years old now? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I'm all for character traits and drama and such, but damn girl. Eventually you gotta start digging them out at least a little. You've made a completely volatile character and now you're surprised no one wants to play with her? I mean, congratulations, that means you've succeeded in doing that, but if you want something to change then Bobby'll be the one that needs to change first. You can try solo RPing in public threads if you'd like, but I'd just avoid them all because, you know, the inevitable fire.

This could entirely be me, though. Maybe others feel differently, but this is why I don't want a thread with her

08-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Renew
Regenerated
It got to be a habit because it used to be a good way to get a thread active. You know, instant emergency situation and then the further drama when it was over. Hadn't realized it would be a turnoff given that, up until just now, I was given the impression that it was amusing.

If that really is the case, I won't do it anymore, but I just get so frustrated that I just want to do something. Aside from the fire thing, is she too volatile, otherwise?

08-28-2013, 04:58 AM
Renew
Regenerated
Alright, the fire thing is out. In fact, I intend to completely cut out all future attempts to get drama going. I.E. No repeat of the Stonehenge incident where people got turned into random animals, no spontaneous spell fights in RP threads like I did years ago, etc. Posting will be simply that and no one will be caught up in anything more than basic conversation.

That's not to say there may not be arguments and such depending on the characters involved, but it won't involve anyone more than them. I'll keep to myself in that respect.

Privately, I was told that my habit of posting in present tense was a turnoff. I am working on that and if anyone wishes to check my last post in the Idris/Bobby thread as well as her last few Iron Rail entries, I believe I am doing well in that respect.

I have seen some lurking here, but Hil's response above and the private one were the only two I've gotten and there they are. Is there anything else that needs to be fixed?

If you don't want to RP with me, that's fine. I don't expect to be Miss Popular, nor would I want to be. I just need help and am trying to change.

09-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Ganymede
Magi
two souls in a ghost town
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Honestly, our thread we had between Maria and Diana sort of fell off my radar at a time when RL was getting hectic and posting for me became lower on my list of priorities—I'm open to another thread if you want!

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got

09-15-2013, 03:14 AM
Renew
Regenerated
Awesome! I had been wanting an Ethan/Bobby thread ever since their encounter in Hellfire Cafe. That brief bit kept me wanting more, but for some reason, had felt shy to ask. A lot has happened since then and I reckon some surprises could be in store.

Also, she had actually been Maria and has her memories, so meeting Diana again could be fun. And Serena could be fun too. Probably anyone but Lucien, I think.

09-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Tyrant
The Red King
A Cat of a Different Coat
Contributor
Name: Aody (M)
I have to say, this is a challenge I am facing at the moment. When I have the time to write, I am finding it very difficult to put words down on a page; but outside of playing, I keep thinking "Oh, that would be a great addition!" or "I should totally introduce that into the Aquilae", etc. etc. It's frustrating and infuriating at the same time which is a terrible combination.

I am sure I am not the only person to feel like this and it happens a lot. What are the things that others do to keep active?
Watch your little black sheep run.

08-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Imzadi
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Style: Sovereign
Sit down and simply type.

I've been struggling during the last few days, mainly because of little to no time. Which in turn makes it harder and harder to get back into the swing of things. Fact of the matter is ... just start typing. Force the words out and forget the be a perfectionalist for a moment.

Because every other player out there prefers the existing post (even if it's a bit all over the place) to the perfect one that never happens. And usually, posts get better the more you write. At least that's my experience.

bury my heart next to yours

08-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Ganymede
Magi
two souls in a ghost town
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Originally Posted by Tyrant View Post

I have to say, this is a challenge I am facing at the moment. When I have the time to write, I am finding it very difficult to put words down on a page; but outside of playing, I keep thinking "Oh, that would be a great addition!" or "I should totally introduce that into the Aquilae", etc. etc. It's frustrating and infuriating at the same time which is a terrible combination.
I get those moments, except lately I feel resigned that I may never actually have time to actually and properly flesh something out. :/

But I feel like what Chrissie suggest works about 80% of the time with me. I definitely just start writing and try to address any points that need to be touched upon and avoid over thinking about things like tone, phrasing, etc. The other 20% of the time is usually because I'm already distracted or because I can't switch off the button that makes me re-read everything 5 times and then re-write it just as much.

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got

08-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Targaryen
Magi
Fire and Blood
Contributor
Name: Kieran (M)
Style: Sovereign
I've had long periods of time where by I try to sit down and type but I simply cannot write a post.

I know this year I've become a lot more social in RL and spent a lot more time out with friends.

However, I'm finding that having those sort of breaks allows my muses to rest and regroup.

Now, at this precise moment, my muses are working for me and I'm grateful for that.
So this is farewell, the fight's final bell and I fall where I stand.
So give me your last hand, 'cause this is goodbye.

09-11-2014, 12:38 PM