Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Distraction & Recreation   \   The Reliquary   \   Gaming Consoles

Unforgiving
Kiss the Sun at Night
Contributor
Name: Jono (M)
Style: Purgatory
Gaming Consoles
Right. So some of us here are just RP Nerds, some of us hardly RP at all. Some of us are into Cartoons, and Manga and Movies.

But surely, some people here must be into Gaming Consoles as well.

Be it Wii, or Xbox, or Playstation or what ever.

Personally, I have a PS3. Mostly, I play Black Ops 2, both Zombies and mulitplayer online. I love it, despite the fact that I'm not really very good. I also enjoy the Assassins Creed series, and the Uncharted series as well.

I'd love to play online with some people from here too, so who else is into this kind of thing?

01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Loki
Aquilae
counting stars
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
I don't play online - presently - but I do have to admit to being a console fan; I've been through several as they've evolved.

Currently, I have a 360 and love me some Call of Duty (I love Zombies too!!), Battlefield (especially 3), Halo, The Assassin's Creed series, the Bioshocks, Fable, Gears of War... others that I can't really think of off the top of my head and I don't want to get up to look at the spindle

We also have a wii that's been taken over by my kids this passed year. We play A LOT of Mario (Super Mario wii, the Mario Galaxies, Mario Kart), Disney Universe, some kiddie Nickelodeon games, Just Dance games.

I haven't ever had a ps3 but I would like one. I had the psx and the ps2 and played my fair share of the Final Fantasy Franchise that saw those systems as well as God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Splinter Cell, and a bunch of other odds and ends.

Someday...someday I'll play online again...
you are not alone
'cause someone's out there
sending out flares

01-08-2013, 03:17 AM
Unforgiving
Kiss the Sun at Night
Contributor
Oooh you reminded me of a few games more that I liked from that.

I had a 360 once, but I could never get my head around the controllers, I much prefer the PS3 ones. Probably because I've still got an original Playstation in the cupboard (the actual big one, not the PS1), and also a Playstation 2 (again the original not the slimline).

I loved all three of the God of War games, and I actually see that a new one is coming out soon so I might have to look into that.

We have a Wii, but only ever got the sports games and I never really got that into it. I like my gaming to be on a couch all chilled out and relaxed, not jumping around the room!

01-08-2013, 03:44 AM
Loki
Aquilae
counting stars
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
See, God of War is one of the reasons I'm sort of itching to pick up a ps3 (well, that and the blu-ray bit ). There's just a lot of games I miss playing since I don't have a Sony console anymore that I would love to pick up again, at least the FF series crossed consoles.

When I bought our wii, I bought one of their limited run red wiis and it actually came with the Super Mario game so that was how we got into it. Then I bought that pacakged disc that had the old Mario games on them and my son went nuts for them (he's 4; future gamer on our hands for sure) and he's slowly collected his own games over the past six months via birthday and christmas.

I got my daughter a 3DS for christmas (or, shh, 'Santa' actually got it) but I don't know how to operate those things anymore and apparently you're not even supposed to call them 'gameboys' now either. I was ever so politely informed that it was not a gameboy... then was asked what a gameboy was
you are not alone
'cause someone's out there
sending out flares

01-08-2013, 05:17 AM
Coeus
Magi
E T H E R E A L
Name: Stu (M)
I LOVE my PS3 ~ Well worth the money Fred. Games console/Blu Ray in one....can't beat it! The graphics are amazing too; I love the FF Games too, but been kinda disappointed with the last couple of releases Booo!

...Can you pardon ~ My Past?!

01-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Eldunari
Magi
The Heart of Hearts
Contributor
Name: Clint (M)
Style: Arrow
I've been through my fair share of consoles. Lets see from the beginning. Playstation, PS2, Dreamsomething(the name has failed me), xBox, 360, psp, gameboy, gameboy advanced, wii, 3DS. Thats it. Not in order though. I played Assassins Creed when I had my 360. I loved it and hope to play the entire series some day. I personally want to get another hand held soon. Either a Vita or PSP go. I miss the PSP I had. Was a mistake in getting rid of it.

01-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Ganymede
Magi
two souls in a ghost town
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Has anyone gotten the PS4 yet? I'm debating on it because we just got a PS3 over a year ago (so late, right? ).

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got

06-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Unforgiving
Kiss the Sun at Night
Contributor
Yes Nick, you were late in the PS4. I haven't got any gaming consoles at present, and I like you have been debating over paying out and getting the PS4 or the Xbox One. Personally Im not a big fan of paying for the online segment, which I think has become a big let down in the release of the PS4, but microsoft have been doing it for ages, which is also a big disapointment.

That, and I am trying to save money, not spend it

06-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Ganymede
Magi
two souls in a ghost town
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
My boyfriend has been looking at the Xbox One, but I think I'm too 'loyal' to Playstation. XD Plus, I get grumpy getting used to new controls and what not.

Have you played with either one in the store or a friend's? No one I know has either, yet.

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got

06-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Tyrant
The Red King
A Cat of a Different Coat
Contributor
Name: Aody (M)
Eh, consoles when they first come out are a little meh as they don't have the games behind them to really do anything.

I have to say, I gave up on consoles after the only games I bought for my PS3 were the God of War series. I did, however, pick up a great computer tower (old school!) from eBay with good enough specs for cheap (FX-6300 6 core proc, 4gb corsair vengeance ram [soon to be upgraded], 1TB HD, along with a 3TB USB 3 external for storage [the computer can write faster to the USB3 HD than to the 7,400 RPM HDD inside it, mental!]), fitted it out with a graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 7750 - I had PSU concerns, so didn't want to go for anything that required external power), and hooked it up to the tv in the bedroom through HDMI. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse attached to it, and I have gotten my PS3 controllers to work wirelessly for it too. This is what I use for gaming and seems to be doing me well so far.

I generally play simulation games (SimCity, Tropico, Crusader Kings, Age of Whatever, etc. ) and I find the PC gives more options. Plus it allows me to emulate old PS2 games to bolster the catalog (Shadow of the Colossus was the first one I got and it plays very well!).

The only game currently on the PS4 that appeals to me is GTAV but, being honest, that's going to come out on the PC soon, and mine should be able to play it just fine.

Plus, the great thing about the PC is that I can upgrade it, the proc is unlocked so overclocking is an option, and it allows for better user created mods, RPGs (Skyrim, etc.) without much of the draw backs.

Well, except the fact there is an overheating possibility, but that's why a new cooling unit is next after the upgraded ram.

I also use the same PC as a media player (all media stored on the ext. HDD) which connects to the internet, giving me access to my entire media collection while away from the house (literally just point my browser to an address), occasional photoshop use and, of course, surf the net.
Watch your little black sheep run.

06-27-2014, 03:20 PM