Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Announcements & Help   \   Midnight's Call   \   Board Announcements [Genesis: DOFP]

Tyrant
The Red King
A Cat of a Different Coat
Contributor
Name: Aody (M)
-- New Scheme

The staff of MS are proud to release a new scheme as a teaser to an upcoming Genesis event. Welcome all to the Days of Future Past!

Watch your little black sheep run.

01-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Tyrant
The Red King
Contributor
-- New Scheme - Kings & Queens of Winter

We are very happy to announce the new scheme, Kings & Queens which will reside in the EC forum. Have a quick look and, if you enjoy it, feel free to set it as your default!

03-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Tyrant
The Red King
Contributor
-- New Scheme - Monarchies

Along with the updated Eternal Conflict scheme, now each side has their own look in the new style! Have a look at the forums, or alternatively select one of the schemes from the dropdown at the foot of the page.

03-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Tyrant
The Red King
Contributor
-- New Scheme
Hi again guys,

So with the success of the EC Schemes, Kings & Queens, I would like you all to check out the latest addition to MS: Sovereign. Designed to bridge the gap between the new and the old, Sovereign is a combination of everything that I have learned over the last two years working with responsive and modern design.

With a familiar layout, you may notice a few new additions. Firstly, you will see that avatars are much more prominent. You will see each thread starter's avatar in a Forum which should mean that the identification of those threads that are important to you are clear. It's also a nice way of showing the activity within a particular forum. I want to see a ton of variety when I go into each and every forum!

Secondly, you can see that your avatar now appears on the left-hand side of the quick reply box. This is to allow for a better visual continuity between reading and replying to a thread. You may also notice something nifty when the scheme is applied to a gaming forum (more on that, coming soon!).

Aside from this, the default font has been changed and tweaked to allow for bigger forum/thread links, placing emphasis on where you want to be clicking! Aside from this, the body text has been enlarged to allow for much easier and consistent reading across devices, including phones and tablets.

I have added share buttons to each post to allow you guys to share threads that interest you with your friends. Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr are all supported, but more can be added if there is a desire for it.

All buttons should be animated, even if only in subtle ways, to help again with the visual ques of where you want to focus your attention.

Finally, aside from the header image, and some miscellaneous icons thrown in amongst the mix, this scheme is IMAGE FREE. This should speed up both loading and rendering times, especially on mobile devices.

As you can see guys, a lot of work and thought went into this style, and I hope you all enjoy using it as I enjoyed creating it. As always, I am open to any suggestions you may have and look forward to your feedback.

Also, please be aware that, when we introduce any new schemes, this can be considered the 'beta' stage. If you find any bugs and quirks please let me know!

Thanks again, and have a great day!

- Midnight Shadows Staff

07-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Tyrant
The Red King
Contributor
-- In the Shadow of Romulus
Hi all!

I am very pleased to announce a new event in the Star Trek AQL game: In the Shadow of Romulus. This multi-threaded event will take the form of Seasons, with each new installment being an episode.

Whether you have any ST AQL characters in play or not, I'd advise you to check it out! We have a system especially designed for this game allowing you create temporary/guest characters with ease.

For all those who have ST characters, then please feel free to jump in! The first episode: The Neutral Zone has gone live and is just awaiting some players!

If you have any questions, comments, and suggestions, I'd ask you to use the Q&A thread or the OOC thread.

We hope that, if this is successful, we can begin a rollout throughout AQL games!

Thanks a million and set phasers to POST!

- Midnight-Shadows staff

09-09-2014, 01:02 PM
Tyrant
The Red King
Contributor
-- Small AQL Update
Hi all!

This is a very quick update to say that AQL forums on the homepage have a slightly new functionality. You will now see an arrow next to the "Read More" link. If you click this arrow it will bring you to the latest post in that forum. This will allow you quicker and easier access to the latest posts in your games!

Thanks guys, and as always if you have any comments, suggestions or questions please let me know!

- Midnight-Shadows staff

09-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Tyrant
The Red King
Contributor
-- NEW SCHEME
Hi all, I hope you all enjoy the new, darker scheme that is now our default. In keeping with the new style naming conventions, it is called 'Tyrant'. Big apologies for similarity in names, the scheme came before my username change.

01-13-2015, 02:54 PM
Thor
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
-- GENESIS: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
We've moved into the future, the year is 2025 and nothing is as you know it. Mutants and Superhumans are being hunt down by sentinels. Due to the registration act it has become much easier to locate them. That and the upgrades to the Sentinels are coming in quite handy as well. The SGF (Secret Government Facility) are calling the shots now.

Read this for more information! Come join us now in this fight to take back what is ours!

GENESIS: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end,
if not always in the way we expect.

05-02-2015, 07:40 PM