Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Distraction & Recreation   \   The Moonlight   \   Fresh slate or new perspective? Character help!

Sister Grimm
Magi
of the dark order
Contributor
Name: Faye (F)
Style: Tyrant
Fresh slate or new perspective? Character help!
To be put simply, the problem is I'm so unmotivated to write for the characters that are still currently active - Cassandra and Kierra. I don't think that I'm suffering writer's block because I am perfectly capable of writing stuff for other things, just not for the two characters. I think it's because I'm so used to having a plot for the characters, like a general idea of where I want them to end, but when it comes to writing them, the ideas and output simply just don't match up.

I think partly because I'm starting to learn the 'organic' process of RP, where you sort of have to let your characters do the writing for you as opposed to you doing it from a literal 3rd person perspective, and for these two characters the organic process doesn't come off quite well or just looks plain wacky.

Like for Cassandra, her major plotline was finding Alix and dealing with his sudden disappearance, and I thought that I was going somewhere when I discussed with Carly about having him reappear but as Ronnie's Undead Companion, but that also withered out in the end (purely my fault) and her other major plotline which was for her to slowly turn evil also sort of withered out.

Kierra hasn't posed much of a problem yet, she's a new character so there's tons to her that I can still explore. I had fun writing her when the Final Reckoning was up, but I think that was mostly because of the wide array of powers that she had. When I came up with Kierra, I was heavily following Legend of Korra (name similarities anyone? ) so when she was allowed that full scope, it just made writing for her come so easily. I think it was a little bit of a mistake to have let her have that wide array of powers because now it's almost like I can't write for her level anymore? But that's probably just a silly little excuse.

So the question is - should I start completely fresh, or just maybe take a whole new perspective on the two? The main focus is Cassandra, because I just feel like nothing right is coming from her and everytime I think of RPing her, I just feel so uninspired after. Kierra's still okay, but I have a feeling she might go the way Cassandra did very soon.

Your thoughts and opinions are very welcome, and I'm hoping that I might find a decision soon. Thanks guys, if you take the time to give your thoughts/opinions/suggestions.

Take my advice. When the world goes crazy, you run... You runaway. - Nico Minoru, Runaways.

11-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Ganymede
Magi
two souls in a ghost town
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
What do you mean by starting fresh? Retiring them and playing a different character?

I think a new perspective would be a good place to start; you can introduce an event that challenges something they always believed and see where it goes from there? Not exactly doing a 180, but make them/you reevaluate where they stand and if it's worth continuing the story.

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got

11-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Sister Grimm
Magi
of the dark order
Contributor
Name: Faye (F)
Style: Tyrant
Yes, retiring them and playing a different character.

Hmm, a new perspective would need quite a bit of time to work on, especially coming up with an 'event'. I'll read through their bios/threads and see what I can come up with. Any suggestions/thoughts are welcome!

Take my advice. When the world goes crazy, you run... You runaway. - Nico Minoru, Runaways.

11-26-2012, 06:49 PM