burning bright
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Gina (F)
Coven: DE
10-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Once Upon a Time [Post #1]
Once Upon a Time

(IMDB): Centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of Fairy Tales just may be real.
Stars: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison and Robert Carlyle
Is anyone watching this? I've just discovered it while randomly browsing IMDB and it seems like there's a good concept as well as a strong cast.
10-23-2011
09:31 PM
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
Coven: ADA-1
10-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Oooh I haven't watched it yet, but I want to! Has it already started?
10-23-2011
10:21 PM
burning bright
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Gina (F)
Coven: DE
10-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Tonight, apparently. No idea what channel or time though, so you'll have to do your own local tv listings research on that. It's the curse of being in the UK, it'll probably be months (or longer) before it ends up on a channel here, and I'd just assumed it would have started in September - especially when IMDB listed 9 episodes.
10-25-2011
11:09 AM
You're familiar...
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Mari (F)
Coven: A7A
10-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I think I might start watching it if it is in way made available in my godforsaken country

Seems like something that might interest me!
12:36 PM
Stripey Socks

Contributor
Name: Richts (F)
Coven: FGB-2
Style: Tyrant
10-25-2011, 12:36 PM
I have watched it now, it certainly seems interesting
10-30-2011
08:25 AM
Kiss the Sun at Night

Contributor
Name: Jono (M)
Coven: N5-A3
Style: Purgatory
10-30-2011, 08:25 AM
I'll add it to the download list. Gina we're much like you, its ages before we get anything over here.
11:14 AM
You're familiar...
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Mari (F)
11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Started watching this last week and I absolutely loved it... Just saw the first eppie, mind you, but I look forward to seeing the rest.

Also, apparently this series is made by the people who brought you Lost, and supposedly they put a Lost 'easter egg' in each episode. But then, I never really watched Lost religiously so I wouldn't be able to tell you which ones

And Jennifer Morrison is just love! I loved her in House MD and I love her here too
09:53 AM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Style: Sovereign
01-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Ooooh Lost Easter Eggs? I havent noticed anything yet, but I shall stay on the lookout!

I remember Todd telling me about this show on Twitter end of last year. And I thought "Holy crap ... what crap are they making into a series now", and I have to admit that it sound like writers / producers on crack at first. But since apparently so many people love it, I figured I'd give it a shot, given I'm sick at home atm with a bit of time to spare for this kind of thing (can you say "show catch-up-marathon" ) ... and despite wanting to go to bed at 9pm last night, I ended up watching my way through to episode 1x04 before I could tear myself away.

The pilot really wasn't THAT good, IMHO. The show actually picks up a lot more in the subsequent episodes when the concept of the whole thing becomes clear. And I find the thing the writers are doing with the idea of fairy tales, the curse etc. absolutely brilliant. I LOVE Grimm's tales. I grew up with them and watched a gazillian movies made from fairy tales as a kid (German ones, not the Hollywood adaptations, mind you) - and given the fact that I barely liked the Hollywood adaptations of the traditional fairy tales I find myself surprised and intrigued that I really appreciate what this show does with the tales. So far, my absolutely favourite episode was Snow Falls. Despite the fact that it showed us a Snow White that had nothing in common with the character of Mary Margaret Blanchard, I loved the rendition of the classic Snow White tale in this.

Which leads me to ... I love Ginnifer Goodwin in this. She's amazing in that role. And while I normally don't like Jennifer Morrison that much, she rocks for the role of Emma. Last but not least ... the Evil Queen! Amazing casting there. Great actress, stunningly beautiful too!

Anyway, love the show, cannot wait to watch the remaining 4 episodes asap!

bury my heart next to yours
01-26-2012
01:29 AM
Death is the debt all pay

Contributor
Name: Lia (F)
Coven: FBG - T
01-26-2012, 01:29 AM
I just love this show! It's become one of my favorites this season and I truly hope it doesn't get canceled because it's one of those shows where you HAVE to know how it all ends. Every time a new episode comes on I think to myself it can't actually get better than the previous one and surprisingly it can! Even when the episodes don't focus on Snow/Charming (My favorite couple) and the Evil Queen it still rocks because we get to see so much more of Emma! I just love the character of Emma and think she's brilliant.
10-01-2012
08:51 PM
The Heart of Hearts

Contributor
Name: Clint (M)
Coven: A-1,F-1
Style: Arrow
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
I flailed and also cried a little last night watching the Season 2 Premier