Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Mutants] Victorian Secrets [Kira / Benji]

03-01-2019
09:37 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
03-01-2019, 09:37 PM
[In-Character] [Post #61]
Benji felt her come around him and he softly groaned into her mouth, loving that feel of her gripping him but there was also a sadness inside of him. They had taken something from him, something special he shared with Kira in these intimate moments. It was gone, and there was the question if he would get it back. Would fixing his mind work?

He let up from the kiss, his name against his cheek and then her apology and it broke him. Benji rarely cried, but right now… he felt tears push against his closed eyelids.

Everything from the past week, from the moment he had pushed her through the portal to when she had saved him came crashing into him. He usually dealt with things by shoving them away, putting them in a box and hid them away but with his mind broken he couldn’t do that. He felt raw, emotionally torn open.

Kira prompted him to tell her, everything. A soft brush of her lips against his and he opened his eyes to look at her.

Tears started to fall, he buried his face into the hollow of her neck and just let the tears fall. He would allow himself this, just this once. He was safe, back in bed with Kira. Who was holding on to him, comforting him. “They had us paired up in there. Kate and Sam. Me and Jenna.” He started. “They took the girls, first Kate and then Jenna. They injected them with a new version of the Super Soldier serum.”

“Kate stopped breathing at some point, and Jenna’s heart almost gave out.” Benji whispered, still remembering the panic he had felt, he had seen on Sam’s face. “They barely lived through it, Kira.” He swallowed, shutting his eyes.

“Then they strapped me to a table. Curious why my current power scope didn’t match the one they had on file.” Benji felt his head throbbing harder. “I wouldn’t cooperate, they brought out a little girl. A telepath. She tore into me, no gentleness, just raw power pouring inside my brain and I couldn’t stop her.” He winced in pain, still feeling the sharp jabs she had given him while finding answers.

“She left a door open, it’s why my head is still hurting. I’m picking up on things.” He murmured, sighing. “I need Beth or Emma to have a look at it later.” He told her, and he felt so tired all of a sudden. Like all the energy had been sucked out of his body.

But he wasn’t done yet. She wanted to know, know what had happened in there. “They made me fight them.” He continued. “Even with my limited scope, they picked me so the girls could test their new abilities.” It’s why he had looked the way he looked when they rescued them. The wounds were a collection of him fighting Jenna and Kate, and getting beaten by the guards when he had refused to fight back.

“I couldn’t fight them. Didn’t fight back full force. Even as limited I am with my current abilities, I would have crushed them.” He whispered against her shoulder. And it had been horrible. Jenna had refused, she had been the first to be thrown in the pit with him. They had given him his abilities back. In the end, he had been left with none of his abilities and Jenna had free range to use hers.

After her they had thrown in Tiny, and Kate had refused, he had been zapped to show her what her refusal would do to him. Then she had unleashed a fury after he had goaded her much like he had done with Jenna and each time he had tried to use his abilities she had been faster. Afterwards she had been horrified with what she had done to him.

He had been a bloody, broken body and they had tossed him back inside his cell without fixing him up. They had left him in pain until he had to go against Jenna a second time. Patching him up enough so he wouldn’t fall over after the first punch.
04:22 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
03-08-2019, 04:22 PM
[In-Character] [Post #62]
Tears slipped against her cheeks, but they were cooler than they would have been had they originated from her own eyes. When he opened his to look down at her, she held his gaze, let hers slip between his blues, reacquainting with the freckles each iris held captive. There was a compulsion to push each droplet from her face, but that would entail letting him go, something she was far from willing to do at the moment. So they coursed down the sides of her face, along her jaw lines, and pooled in the dips in her clavicle and the hollow of her throat.

He pressed his face against the side of her neck and she carefully curled her arms about his shoulders, slightly lifted her knees to better keep him where he was. She kept her mouth shut when he explained the last several days to her, days she had spent wondering about everything that could have been done to him, everything that could have been taken from him, and she quietly noted that she had focused so squarely on him that Sam and Kate had come in secondary. Kate was human, somewhat, and she had assumed the girl collateral, likely to be turned back out into the population with little more than a few bumps or bruises, one had to look deeply to find anything genetically other about her.

Jenna. She hadn’t known much about her prior to except that she was Nathan Coleman’s sister, and that she was apparently human as well. That fact coupled with Kate’s supposed status had raised a slew of questions. They had somewhat been taken in pairs, but not in the manner they had presented. Benji’s pushing her out of reach had barred her from being counted amongst those for selection. Yet considering the inevitable fallout, it seemed the obvious mutants hadn’t been the targets.

Her breath held in her throat at the thought of Kate lifeless, for however long it had been. Something she could have been able to potentially remedy. Again, she had been away, pushed out of the way. Her grip around him tightened for a moment and she forced herself to ground there to the moment rather than chasing after could haves and would haves.

The headache, then, was as she thought before, telepathic in nature. Something she couldn’t readily fix, not completely. She could patch it up, cover it up, biologically by altering the chemical balance present in his head and press it out into his system. But that didn’t fix the root of the problem. A part of her thoughts spun about what exactly he was picking up on. His summarization of being put against either of the girls had her eyes sliding shut, had her chin turning in against his temple, had her seeking to once more fix whatever was still broken inside of him. From a physical stand point, though, he was fine. Perhaps fatigued for the moment, but otherwise mended back enough that the heat in her blood had little to do with her abilities responding to repairing him.

She reached for the sheet that had been shoved askew and drew it towards her, pulled it over them both. Her ankle hooked around his calf. “You’re all here.” She murmured against his cheek. “Kate’s alive. Sam is Sam. And Jenna is well enough.” Though, she had nothing to gauge Jenna’s current state against. What mattered to her was that each was out of SentS’ grip. That he was. He had made it rather clear that they had a decent bead on who and what he was, even in self-imposed limitation, they had still benefited from his presence within their walls. Likely would have loved to have kept him.

Her fingers pushed into the hair at the back of his head, slid back and forth languidly against his scalp. He hadn’t tried to fight back. Why was it, oddly, the seemingly more powerful the mutant, often the more less inclined they were to utilize what they had at their disposal? There were those that worked against that thought, those that sought power, those that wanted more. But when she looked at Gabriel, all he wanted was his family to be safe. In a world unlike the one they lived in, where mutants weren’t hunted and prosecuted for what nature had genetically engineered them to be, he likely would rarely flaunt his abilities. And Benji had been put into a position to wreak damage, and yet, he had tried to put himself away.

For some reason, still, mutants were the enemies.

“I want to fix it.” She confessed, quietly. “But I can’t.” And it was frustrating. She had to do little than shift her thoughts to mend a gunshot wound, or repair a fracture, but what lived in the mind was completely out of her control.
03-12-2019
04:41 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-12-2019, 04:41 PM
[In-Character] [Post #63]
It may have seemed like hours, but it had barely been moments. There was no reason to get up, no need to unwind herself from the arm curled limply about her waist, not like with Emma, not like with Alex. She didn’t have to deliver anyone anywhere, and she didn’t need to corral a person back to bed. The mind she sought was already curled about a smaller redheaded figure, limbs intertwined, sleep mooring against the boundaries of his consciousness. Benji Richards had no aspirations to be any other place at the moment than where he presently was located.

It was a thicker sensation, trying to put herself in his head, much more like trying to push through Emma or one of the Summers, yet not quite so tasking at it was to pry through Laura’s defenses, or the men bound to her. It was bitter, like the peeling of a citrus fruit and the disarray had been palpable from the moment he had stepped foot within the building.

There were fingerprints left all over his thoughts, markers of the individual that had wrought the chaos. Small. Condensed. It had been searching rather specifically, even as it had razed so much else in its hunt. The attempt had been made by someone young, their mutation unrefined. With the way the likes of those similar to her were hunted, there was likely no one to teach the perpetrator how to look, how to be concise. She wondered if they had tried to unravel the coding to the genetics that allowed her-because it had been a her-to wield such a mutation.

Echoes popped around her, memories out of alignment.

The openness that seemed to remain, like a door left slightly ajar in the middle of the night, allowed other thoughts to slip in similar to a thin stream of light, thoughts that were not his own but pushed through to be had. Proximity allowed for an easier sweep, much like the mind of the woman in his arms, she was easier for him to glean from than his friend down the hall.

Her immediate surroundings were easy enough to reorganize. Memories held a certain sort of coding that allotted for placement similar to a catalogue. They felt certain ways, could be arranged in such a manner. His most recent considerations outside of those he would likely prefer to keep private led her deeper into the recesses of his mind, beyond the normal stage other people held and could shape at will. It was deeper, still, mental steps that seemed endless and suddenly she was standing lost within a center point.

“Are you sure this is what you want?” She asked, referring to the locks he had had imposed on the abilities buried in the far reaches of his subconsciousness. He had claimed that he wanted to them to be free, but he had been quite some time without them. Psychic abilities had a tendency to flex and expand beneath pressure to be still. If he was returned to his full scope all at once, it might overload his ability to adapt back. She also considered putting up a screen in Kira’s mind to create a filter between them.
03-12-2019
08:04 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-12-2019, 08:04 PM
[In-Character] [Post #64]
Benji still felt the tears fall, letting Kira comfort him. He felt the sheet being pulled over him, her words against his cheek. They are all here. And he knew she was right, he knew that they were all safe. Kate is alive, Sam is Sam and Jenna… she would be okay too. All the things that had been done to them, they would work through them.

Kira’s fingers did their trick though, the languid strokes against his scalp soothed him and the tears finally stopped.

Taking in a deep breath, he let it out and could still feel his head throbbing. It wasn’t getting better, it was getting worse and he wondered if it was because he was letting himself go for the first time in days.

“It’s okay, darling.” He told her when she confessed to want to fix it but couldn’t. “You being here is enough. It helps.” He shifted so he was now lying on his side next to her, his arm draped over her midsection, his head propped up on the other while looking at her. “I think I need someone else to fix my head.” He murmured, a tired smile on his lips.

And with that thought he drifted off, holding Kira close to him and letting himself sink into oblivion.

Benji didn’t know how long he had been asleep for, but he could feel it when she entered his mind. Because of the open door he could feel it, and then followed her trail into his mind. Into the deep recesses of where he kept his abilities locked. He couldn’t have reached them on his own, was glad for her to show him the way.

“Beth…” Her name on his lips as he looked at the purple haired beauty and came to a halt next to her. “Yes, I am certain.” He looked at the locks, and knew they had to go. “That girl… she broke something and I can’t fix it.” He pointed at the angry red throbbing ‘thing’ that captured his attention.

“Could you unlock them on a timer? Not all at once?” He knew her worry, knew it because he worried himself about unlocking them all at the same time. “I don’t want to hurt Kira.”

Staring at the locks, he wondered if he could do it himself but knew that right now he missed the knowhow.

“With or without them, they still want me. I rather have them and be able to defend myself and the ones I love with my full scope than be a shadow of myself and get them killed.” He told her, watching the red thing pulse at him in anger.
05:36 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-13-2019, 05:36 PM
[In-Character] [Post #65]
It was different for people like them, to know the other was there. He had been everywhere the moment she had pushed herself through his defenses and set into the sprawling environment his mind could become. His actually being with her was different, a coming about being aware of the other like a sudden shift in temperature, a tingling sensation that lit up every nerve ending.

Her name spoken, she turned slightly to acknowledge his presence more than anything else. He wanted to be himself once more because he imagined that would be safer for those around him. It was strange to think he had diffused his abilities for that exact reason, only to be confronted by the consequences of not being able to fully access them. She understood what it felt like to be out of control, or afraid of her own abilities, but she did not understand wanting to shove them all into a box and put them away. Toning them down was one thing, trying to bind them was something else. She had been forced to live inside of her own head with her abilities about her like a cocoon for five years, let them sit beneath the weight of her fear and the humans attempt at suppressing her, and now that her abilities were free, they at times threatened to cause more damage than help.

Benji had voluntarily had his partitioned off. She could only imagine what they had the potential to stretch out to.

“A ‘timer’ is unnecessary.” She told him as she reached for one of the locks and gave it a mental flick of her wrist. She gave him his telepathy first because it was simple, something she was sure had been present in her own head since she took her first breath, and it was an ability she was familiar with enough that she could watch him utilize it, watch him shape it and bend it to his will. It would have been simple to give him access to his full warping potential, but that would have allowed him to flip everything else back on. The telepathy she could deactivate if it proved necessary, or she could lower the impact his wielding it could prove.

Too quickly.

She looked at the angry throbbing red and watched it dim.

“This will require focus.” She commented. Telepathy was enough of an ability on its own. The likes that Benji had access to coupled with the others on his list could tip scales far beyond anything she could ever fathom on her own. Perhaps, though, it was what mutants needed.

Unless they took from him what he wanted to keep safe. The mind was driven by the heart, no matter how anyone tried to separate the pair.
03-13-2019
07:55 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-13-2019, 07:55 PM
[In-Character] [Post #66]
Okay so no timer. He nodded thoughtfully, wondering how they were going to do this then. But he didn’t have to wait long, he could feel the moment one of the locks disappeared. He took in a deep breath, closed his eyes and let the unleashed power wash over him. It was his telepathy and he started grinning.

The familiar feel, the rush it gave him, and with it all the other elements that had been tied in with it. He pushed at them, coaxed them free and it was like a breath of fresh air that ran through him.

Everything locked into place, one after the other that was connected through his telepathy. He felt the mind links snap back into place, the one with his sister, the small one that he had forged with Kira only hours ago because the girl had left a backdoor open.

“You walled off Kira from me?” He asked Beth, looking at her when he couldn’t fully form the connection.

He understood why, knew that it would have been dangerous if she hadn’t. He stretched out through the theatre, finding the people, getting pushed out by the ones who could resist him. He reeled himself back in, drawing a breath as he looked at the angry red bubble. It was still throbbing but less brightly.

Tipping his head, he looked at it, squinting his eyes, inspecting it. “It’s a tracker.” He started cursing softly. “That girl… she left a telepathic tracker inside my head.”

It was ingenious but no match to his ability, nor that to Beth’s. It wasn’t active, not yet, it was just pulsing, waiting to expand it self and give his location away. With his telepathy out, he walled it off, keeping it in check.

“What shall we do with it?” He saw the potential of it, could probably reverse it to find out where they had been kept and raid the place.
08:43 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-13-2019, 08:43 PM
[In-Character] [Post #67]
Like taking a breath inward. So often mutants attributed that simple action to how they utilized their abilities. By a certain point in your life, though, that was how it aligned. Second nature, right along with breathing. The pressure in his head seemed to equalize the moment he really drew it inward. A breath in, and then another back out, flexing what had been kept hidden away. It coiled outward, seeking that which was familiar and she could feel each line he had ever created snapping into place.

The moment he noted the resistance against Kira, she turned to look at him, gave a nod when he pointed out that she had created a barrier. “Valeria know what it is like to be bound to you, what it is like to share that thread with you.” She acknowledged. “It was what kept her mind her own when they sought to mold it into something else, you being on the other end regardless of whether or not you had your abilities locked away.” Because those types of ties existed in those instances still, much like the connection between her and Jon had still been present when she had been kept. It had still been there, quiet and ignored, but still there all the same. “Kira doesn’t posses the means to buffer against you.” Not like Jon had learned how in his life to put up a guard.

It had nothing to do with her assuming Benji would use his abilities to his advantage in regard to the redhead lingering just outside of the current mindspace, and everything to do with how the girl would respond to having her mind touched. The likes of those that healed, though, their bodies constantly regenerating their own cells, prying through their psychic defenses proved somewhat harder than the average person.

“It’s temporary.” She finally told him. The barrier would crumble in time, it was pliable enough that it would and could bend to Kira’s will.

When he turned his focus towards the throbbing red, she gave another nod when he identified it as a tracker. It was crude in its creation, something the girl had cobbled together out of instruction. Once again she found herself wondering after such a young thing. The prints left all over it gave it an identity and a part of her wanted to follow the link back to its origin and pluck the girl out of the clutches of those that held her.

“Perhaps she wanted you to find it.” She wondered. It was pulsing like an ache in his head, demanding his attention, but it had not been activated. Even if it had, SentS would require the girl’s cooperation and it would require her to tell them where to go. There was the potential for a double edge to any weapon. It would lead her to you, but it could also lead you back to her.”
03-14-2019
09:30 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-14-2019, 09:30 AM
[In-Character] [Post #68]
It was quite something to hear that he had been part of keeping his sister’s mind intact, but he understood Beth. Knew what she meant when she talked about Kira not having any defences against him if he decided to charge forward into her mind. Not that he would, he would never misuse his power like that.

He always asked, always got permission.

“Okay.” He nodded at Beth when she told him that it was temporary. After that he could always ask if she was okay with it if he formed a mind link with her. Just in case she would need it. Until that time, he just had to make sure to keep her in his sight.

Which wouldn’t be a problem either, he was sure he could think of a few things to keep her occupied and in his bed.

They both looked at the angry red glob that tried to get his attention and he frowned when Beth told him that maybe the girl had wanted him to find it. His hand came up to his chin, scratching his beard as he mulled that over. And then she pointed out what he had been thinking earlier, it could also lead him back to her.

“She had no control over her powers, Beth.” He told her, his hand moving up to his head, pushing back the longer strands of his hair before his hand came to rest at the back of his neck. “No, I’m saying it wrong. She had no finesse, she just pushed in without any regard.” He winced at the thought of those bright green eyes focussed on him, the lance of pain…

“It hurt like a bitch. Like being stabbed in the brain, over and over again.” It made him wonder if she had been creating this while finding the answers to the questions posed by Steven Lang.

He stared at it for a moment longer and let out a deep sigh. Stepping forward he reached out with his hand, the tip of his finger barely touching the surface of the red thing and he gasped, stepping back. “This girl… she was born inside of a lab.” He turned to look at Beth. “She understands the concept of freedom, has read it from different minds…” His heart squeezed for this little girl.

“She wants to be free like us.” He breathed out in pain, pushing away the memories she had implanted in that red orb for him to see. “SentS created her.” He murmured softly. Making him wonder what other kind of mutants they were breeding. Was it because of that, that they had been so interested in him? He shuddered, the thought of him being used to produce children with innocent women…

“Can we unlock the rest, please?” He asked softly, his mind already trying to find a way to get that girl out.
04:27 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-14-2019, 04:27 PM
[In-Character] [Post #69]
There was a careful resistance to his thoughts, an assurance that he wouldn’t barge directly into Kira’s thoughts without her permission or her being aware. At some point, dependent upon how long the relationship between the pair lasted, Kira would likely barely notice the transition from physical to mental presence. It would be a smooth transition that her mind simply accepted.

She returned to the quietly humming red tangle of energy at his center and she tried to make further sense of it. Benji noted that the girl had had little control over her abilities, but she wasn’t sure if that was exactly how to put it. She had had enough control to push in, tamper with his thoughts, and leave a mark in her wake. When she brushed herself against the spot, it was distant, if a thing could be such. Yet, it wasn’t just an inanimate object, it was a sliver of someone’s thoughts, a marker left behind like purposely leaving one’s hair at a crime scene.

Benji corrected himself then, citing that the girl had lacked finesse, and that seemed to better suit the situation, and aligned once more with what she thought, that the girl had no one to show her how to utilize her abilities. She was kept like a prisoner and utilized for her abilities without the instruction on how to best use them. It poked and prodded at her own irritation and anger all the further.

She watched him move closer to the cluster and swipe his fingers carefully out towards it, drawing back almost as though he had been burned by it. Born in a lab. She wondered how they did it. If they forced mutants to copulate, or it if was more scientific than that. Her mind supplied Laura almost immediately. Logan had had nothing directly to do with his daughter’s conception, and yet she existed regardless. Genetic material manipulated into life. If Tony hadn’t injected her with nanites to raise her telekinesis enough o shield herself, she wondered if they would have created little versions of her, children she had no say about and nothing to do with her husband. She grimaced at the thought.

Her hand rolled into a fist and she inhaled to keep herself in check. The simplest shift in her emotions could shake the building they occupied outside of their minds and she had promised Jon she would try to keep herself tempered.

When he asked her about releasing the rest of his abilities, she had to press her teeth together. “You just told Kira that you wouldn’t leave her.” She told him, drawing from his recent memories and skipping through the thoughts that were already forming in his mind. “You’ll help me,” she looked over at him again, “but you’re not going back in there.”

Then she plucked at the blocks still in place, the bindings simple enough that she wondered after the telepath he had sought out to place them.
03-14-2019
09:51 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-14-2019, 09:51 PM
[In-Character] [Post #70]
“I’m not going to run half-cocked into that building, Beth.” He told her when she pointed out that he had just promised Kira to not leave her. “I will tell her, and if she wants to come…” He wouldn’t like it, but he wouldn’t stop her. Not this time. He had learned from his mistake. But he wouldn’t let her come if he didn’t have full control over his abilities.

“And stay out of my memories.” He told her softly. “I’m not roaming through yours.” He rose a brow, using just the slightest of nudges to let her know that he could.

He looked at the red orb, it had lost more of its angriness, like it knew that they were planning something. “Beth…” He looked at her, sighing deeply when she told him that he would help her. “We’ll help each other.” He said, because she was not turning him into her sidekick.

Tipping his head, he stared at the orb and crossed his arms in front of his chest. There must be a way to get the girl without them finding out.

And then all the locks disappeared in his head and he took in a deep breath. He moved his head sideways, popping his vertebrae as his abilities settled back inside of him. He stretched, groaned a little and closed his eyes for a moment.

“With my abilities back, we don’t have to go back in there.” He told her softly, because now he could track the path back and open a portal for the girl if needed.

“Unless you want to check the place out and see if they are holding more children…” His eyes popped open, and his gaze turned back on Beth.