Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Mutants] Victorian Secrets [Kira / Benji]

03-15-2019
01:44 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
03-15-2019, 01:44 PM
[In-Character] [Post #71]
When he clapped back with his own reply, she let her arms fall to her sides and she stood a bit straighter, a part of her almost caught off guard by the fact that he stood against what she had insisted upon. It was…odd. He would tell Kira that he was going, and apparently allow her to go with him. She thought that ridiculous. He had already pointed out that he was wanted, that SentS wanted him even without the full activation of his abilities, and he thought toting along the object of his affection with him back into such a place a fantastic idea. The Services would do anything in their power to put their claws directly into that girl simply because of her mutation, and it had the potential to reach so much further beyond the simple healing that she and everyone thought she was limited to. Coupling her mutation with her bond to him and he might as well tangle her like bait before a shark.

Beth pressed her lips together and inhaled slowly. She was holding onto something, something other that was outside her current realm of perception. It was there, that empty void, the cold against the back of her throat, threatening to wind tighter.

Stay out of his memories, and he would keep out of hers. A nudge of himself right up against her and she had to press her teeth together again to keep from shoving right back. She tilted her head slightly, taking in every word he offered in careful measure as she stepped herself half out of his head. She was aware of him moving, looking once more at the red ball, she was aware of him speaking to her and she tried to separate the different strands of her thoughts.

Her hand lifted from her side and settled against the back of her neck, trying to push heat back into her imaginary skin.

They didn’t have to physically step foot back in the compound. Open a portal. She gathered that much of what he meant to imply. It would be easy enough. If the girl responded and came forward through with little coercion. If she hesitated, then the odds shifted.

Wood groaned somewhere in her periphery.

Look for more children. The girl would know well enough, if there were more like her in the same building she was in. Beth gave a few nods.

“It’s not on purpose.” She told him, circling back. Being in everyone’s minds was a defensive thing, an attempt to keep them safe, the depth that she pushed to at times was not intentional. She was still trying to understand how she was meant to keep herself inside of her own head. “I want her out of there.” The girl. She would take complete responsibility for her at that. Emma’s mind was still recuperating, and Madelyne’s was not quite what it could be. She would keep the girl safe, and slip through every recess of her mind to be sure that she meant nothing in regard to harm.

Beth swallowed and her thoughts shifted back to Jon. He wouldn’t like it in the slightest. “Rest, then.” She nodded again. They would both need it. He was suddenly back with the reigns to his complete scope of abilities, something she had been hesitant to give him initially. But he was right. Taking the girl would be easier if he could tear apart a section of reality. And then she was gone form his thoughts, her mind resettling back into herself.

It was the armoire that she had heard on the outskirts of her perception and she withdrew her kinetic hold. Defensive, Jon had insisted. Her telekinesis was hardwired into her defenses, and she wondered what the perceived threat had been in order for it to activate in conjunction with her telepathy. Benji? Or the possibility that she was going to push away? Push further? That had been the cold. She curled herself further back against him and looped her arm around the one that dangled limply about her.
03-15-2019
02:51 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
03-15-2019, 02:51 PM
[In-Character] [Post #72]
“I know.” He replied, knowing perfectly well what she was talking about. After all, hadn’t he just reached out to everyone in the theatre mentally? He too had issues at times to keep out of people their minds, which had been a blessing when he had locked his power away. But now…

“Yes.” Benji agreed, knowing that she was talking about the girl. He wanted her out of there as well, and every other child that they might keep there. Because Benji would not stand for them using children in their war against mutant kind.

If he could, he would have gone after Lang himself but he just knew that there were failsafe’s in place.

“Rest, yes. We’ll talk about this more tomorrow.” He told her, his eyes falling on the red orb that was now pulsing softly, more content, at ease. Like it knew that they were going to get the owner of the orb free. Beth left his mind then and he was alone in his head with the red orb. Sighing he placed a barrier around it, protecting his own mind against it in case the girl was forced to activate it.

He withdrew from his own mind, leaving a path to the orb whenever they would need it and his eyes popped open.

Kira was in his arms, snuggly pushing her behind against his midsection. He was hard against her, and since they were still naked… one of his hands slipped down between her legs, pushing his finger between her folds, stroking her. “Kira…” He murmured against her neck, kissing it, leaving a trail to her shoulder. Then he moved her leg up enough for him to slip inside of her. He heard her moan, knew that she was awake, her body already responding to him.

He needed this, needed this connection right now. His body was craving hers, slowly rocking his hips, his other arm wrapped tightly around her pulling her flush against his body while he worked them both to release. His fingers still at her clit, circling, rubbing…

“I love you, Kira.” He breathed out against the shell of her ear, his orgasm hitting him hard and a million stars lighting up the room as his body shuddered under his release.
08:30 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-19-2019, 08:30 PM
[In-Character] [Post #73]
She was standing in the ocean, the water about her ankles when the pinkening sunset turned lavender in hue. For a moment, her vision blurred and she set the heel of her left hand against her temple, pressing back against a pooling sense of pressure that was trying to push inward. She shifted and turned her head, something soft slipped against her cheek, cotton, smooth, and she tried to identify it from the familiar sensation It created against her skin. Then she felt it against her shoulder, and then her hip.

A step back towards the shore and something warm kept her from moving further. It was almost half curled against her and she lifted a hand. The familiarity at the end of her touch gave identity to the person at her backside.

There was something brushing against her mind, nudging, trying to get in, and then she realized she was dreaming. She knew that sensation.

The sky shifted again, purple that turned pink, then orange around the last of the setting sun. It reflected across the surface of the sea, and for a moment there was the briefest moment of green as the sun finally sunk down beneath the surface. It held her attention only long enough to buckle beneath the feel of a hand pushing around her hip and down, down further be…

She inhaled and tiredly drew her eyes open in the dark.

Her hand slipped around the wrist attached to the fingers pushing between her legs. She exhaled, lifted her chin, and then reached her hand back. Short facial hair, a jawline that she knew well enough, touched often enough. The hand against her lifted her thigh and she felt him press and slide once against her before pushing in with ease. She bit her lip in spite of the moan that pushed through her teeth, and she turned enough to press her brow against his chin when he drew her body back against his.

His voice around her name pressed against her shoulder, she tilted her hips forward and her bottom back. He rocked them slowly first and she rotated her waist slightly with each gentle thrust. It was almost difficult in the haze of half sleep to keep track of her own motions between him pressing in from behind, and his fingers toying with the front of her. His confession against the shell of her ear had her tipping over with relative ease, her fingers fisting in his hair just to hold on, and there were sparks again. Hundreds of tiny points of light suspended about the room.

She felt him come, his hips pressing snuggly against her and she pushed his hand away from her legs, even as a smile pulled at her features. She turned her head enough to look back at him, and then immediately pressed her mouth against his, her teeth nipped at his lips. “I think I love you more, Benji Richards.” She smiled against his chin. Her hips tipped forward and then she turned herself about to face him, drew his face down towards her own to renew the kiss once more. “I saw stars that time.” She smirked against his chin. It sounded so cheesy, but it was entirely real. The had sparked just before orgasm had taken control of her, had lit up like fireflies locked in place about them, constellations almost completely made out. Her heart fluttered in her chest, something tight working itself into a knot. “That’s never happened to me with anyone else.” She told him, her voice dipping. “Only you.”
03-19-2019
09:39 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-19-2019, 09:39 PM
[In-Character] [Post #74]
She kissed him, a smile curled on his lips, and then his heart skipped a beat when she returned the words by saying that she loved him more. He let out a soft groan when she moved her hips away from him, but his arms wrapped around her and pulled her close when she turned to face him.

Kira drew him in for another kiss, and he gladly returned the kiss. He loved kissing her, loved the silky touch of her lips pressed against his.

Breaking their kiss, she told him that she had seen stars. It made him smirk as well. “Beth fixed my head for as much that’s possible.” He told her brushing his lips against her forehead. “Got my powers back.” Including the one where he showed stars to her when they both came.

“It’s because I rock your stars.” He chuckled softly when she declared that this hadn’t happened to her before, only with him. But he sobered a little, pulling his head back slightly so he could look at her.

“I think you pulled them through our connection, which should have been blocked by Beth for now.” He murmured, wondering how deep this was running with her. He loved her, of that he was sure but he had never made such a deep connection with anybody before. It was strange though, because if he pushed gently against her mind he could feel the safety put in by Beth. No mind speech yet. So…

“You’re my Spark, Kira.” He told her softly. “You’re my shining star, my beacon. I will always find my way back to you.” Taking in a deep breath, he gave her a half smile. “I’m sorry for pushing you through that portal.” He finished, brushing his lips against hers.

“In that regard, I have to ask you something…” He started.

….. FAST FORWARD 1 WEEK …..

Benji was gearing up, making sure that he had the proper protection for the upcoming mission. He had explained to Kira what he had talked to Beth about, and that he had to go get that girl away from SentS.

Told her about the plea in his head, the sadness and how she had been born in one of their labs.

How she craved for freedom. She understood, but had told him that she wanted to come.

He couldn’t say no. He didn’t dare to say no. He had asked Beth to please lift that wall on Kira’s mind. He needed to be able to keep her safe, and that would only work if he could mind link with her.

He was… nervous.
11:26 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-19-2019, 11:26 PM
[In-Character] [Post #75]
She chewed at the inside of her cheek as she wrapped her hair into a tight ponytail at the upper back of her head. It wasn’t exactly like she was a skilled combatant. Sure, she could manage a punch here or there, and she could clock someone well enough with the likes of a bat. That he was willing to take her with him was something she wondered if he offered simply to appease her. She was not going to be left behind. Not again. She couldn’t stand the idea of him being suddenly wrapped up int hat place once more with no way out, regardless of the abilities that had been released back to his disposal. The week that she had had to wonder after him had been awful.

A tremor tickled about her head and she pressed her eyes shut. It had been happening more often in the last two days, and she had tried to press against it. It had been lifted apparently for her benefit. A filter of sorts, but it was giving her a headache. Telepathic manipulation of her mind only ever seemed to yield partial results, anyway. She didn’t like it.

The bathroom door opened with a nudge of her booted toe and she stepped out into the main room. A few decent steps had her moving directly towards him. She reached for her black leather jacket on the end of the bed and pulled it on, zipping it up snug from her right hip towards her left shoulder.

She set back against the corner of his-their bed and looked up at him for a moment before she let her eyes slip shut. “Please take this out of my head.” She sighed, a hint of irritation in her tone. It pulsed against her attempt to prod at it, and then it shuddered in response.

Benji had access to his full abilities so he should be able to remove it.

Right?

“It shouldn’t be there.” She told him, and it would be distracting when they were about to potentially step into SentS territory. Benji was sure he could create a portal between where they chose to be and where they wanted to go, so then they could step back and forth with ease.

Perhaps it needed to be removed by who put it there, but was that really how it worked? Beth had lifted the locks in Benji’s head, and she hadn’t put them there. Or had she? Ugh, she was starting to question her own thought process.

She bent forward enough to reach for the laces of her boots and drew them through her left boot. If it remained, she knew it was better if she kept herself behind in the theater so that she didn’t prove a weak point to their little trio. Maybe it was better for them to take someone else. Maybe Laura, someone that had their head on better.

But she didn’t want him to leave again. She didn’t want him to go back there where she potentially couldn’t reach. The entire situation was suddenly prodding at a tiny measure of anxiety she often excelled at keeping buried.
03-20-2019
10:45 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-20-2019, 10:45 AM
[In-Character] [Post #76]
Benji looked up when the bathroom door opened, his breath caught in his throat when Kira stepped out of it looking all fierce and he just wanted to nix this whole operation and take her to bed instead. But he couldn’t. There was a little girl waiting for him.

Standing still, he watched her, there was something wrong. He could tell, but he didn’t want to pry, knowing that she would tell him eventually. She donned her jacket, the fear of taking her along growing with each second. But this was something they had to do as well, because he promised to never leave her behind like that.

Her eyes locked with his for a moment before shutting close and then there was the question. To take this out of her head. He knew what she was talking about. Beth’s filter. And he knew that she was irritated by it. He understood, he was too. It felt like he couldn’t reach her, couldn’t show her more of him. And he wanted to do that. Wanted to share that deep connection he felt with her.

“I know, darling.” He replied gently, he had understood Beth’s reasoning but… He kept coming back to the point that it felt like something wasn’t fitting just right. Like he could feel her at the edge of his mind but that was all it was and it wasn’t right. It didn’t feel right.

Benji strode towards her, knelt in front of her, grasped her hands and made her sit up and look at him.

“I can take it away, but I’m not sure what will happen. I mean…” His eyes roamed her face, lifting one of her hands to his lips and planting a kiss on the back of them. “My mental power, it wants to connect with you badly and Beth’s filter has stopped it from doing so.” Sitting up straighter on his knees, pushing himself between her legs he moved his hands up to her face. Cradling it.

“I’m going to kiss you now.” He murmured, before leaning in and slanting his lips over hers and kissing her deeply. Then he dove into her mind, reaching for the filter and finding it with ease. It was strong, but it was designed to degrade over time so it had weaknesses. It didn’t take Benji long to dismantle it, thread after thread he pulled free from Kira’s mind. Letting it dissolve into nothingness until her mind was free of the filter.

Then his mind link kicked in. Finally, able to connect with Kira, it pushed, gently, caressing her mind and clicking into place but there was more. So much more, it opened up a deeper connection between them, allowing Kira to call for him, reach for him without putting in too much effort. A two-way connection. If she looked hard enough, she could see what he felt for her, those emotions would never be hidden from her. But he also showed her what her coming along made him feel, that he was scared. And he knew that if she put her mind to it, she could break him open completely and see all of him.

You can hear me now. He said softly in her mind, slowly pulling away from her, breaking the kiss and breathing hard. Kissing her, always made him feel more. You only have to say my name, out loud or in your mind, and I’ll come for you.
09:26 PM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-20-2019, 09:26 PM
[In-Character] [Post #77]
She didn’t like how needy she felt. She didn’t like how out of sorts she knew she was. She had had her hands all over him for a week, sometimes simply to be sure that he was still there. When they were awake, she at times caught herself straining for the sound of his voice if they were in different areas of the theater. When they were slipping between the valley of sleep and wake, falling towards dreams, she often caught herself shaking awake enough to reach for him whether he was spooned behind her or she was half strewn across him. There was an undercurrent of fear she had yet to completely shake.

When he put himself on his knees before her, took her hands in his, it helped. It grounded her to the moment, to him, to the fact that she needed to outgrow the odd sense of abandonment that was lurking on the perimeter of her emotions.

He could take it away. Good. She gave a nod and scooted closer to the edge of the bed as though he needed her closer in order to pluck at her mind. She held her breath when he let his eyes roam the plains of her face and she wondered what he was looking for. Then he lifted their hands up and pressed warm kisses against her knuckles. Not exactly helpful in the moment. He told her that he wanted to connect with her, mentally, and she gave a few shallow nods as if she understood. Then he lifted up onto his knees, set her hands on her thighs, and then took her face cradled against his palms.

Perhaps him in her head would make everything easier.

The warning that he was going to kiss her a moment before he did so, tugged at the left corner of her mouth, and then she found it completely occupied by his lips, tongue, and teeth. She sighed against him, leaned in and bunched the fabric of his shirt in her grip. There was a filling sort of sensation in her head and she pushed her hands higher to curl about his ears and around the strands of his hair there. A weight settled around her thoughts, drew them back to the forefront and then there was warmth, calm. And then the flutter of emotions that she knew were not hers, regardless of how similarly they seemed initially.

He was suddenly just there.

The anxiety waned, the grasping her mind had been trying to make was quelled. And it had taken barely a moment, a thought, an action that allowed him to create yet another bond between them. She wasn’t sure if she had ever felt the balance that she felt in that moment before in her life.

His voice rumbled gently in her head, and she hummed approvingly, even as he drew his lips back away from hers. She tried to differentiate between his feelings and hers, and it about made her head spin. A smile stole across her features and she drew her lower lip between her teeth. “I only have to say your name to have you come for me.” Her thoughts listed towards territory he had likely not meant to imply. Leaning forward, she set her brow against his as she leafed through what set each set apart. “I can’t sit here like a doll in a house.” She murmured when she noted the concern that he held in regard to taking her with them through. She gathered that this was entirely different than when they left the theater for a moment to be outside, to sit with ease around so many other people just to eat, just to walk through the park. But she had her own abilities. Granted, they weren’t exactly offensive in nature, but she was still…useful. “You can push me through another portal if necessary, if it makes you feel better.” Her forefingers set against the center of his chest. “Or you could come back with me through one.” That sounded far better in her opinion.

She wanted to push further along the tether he had created when she realized that it seemed to give her the ability to more than just tug him to her, in a manner.

When she breathed again, she took note of a figure standing in the doorway. Lavender hair, and soft eyes, waiting. “Are you all right?” The other woman asked without any accusation or contempt.

Kira gave an assuring nod of her head.

“There’s black when there’s white and you think it means you can’t change it.” Another voice suddenly to her right. Wanda beside her, her fingers pressed against her chin. “They don’t know.” The strawberry blonde whispered. “They don’t know what they didn’t have when you were kept out of reach.” Wanda huffed the ghost of a laugh. “Something other, something more, if you just looked hard enough at the way it all links, just to make what you want physical.”

Then Wanda looked at Benji. “Better in your head.” The woman’s voice sing song. “But it’s blue, so blue if you let her show you.” She pushed a hand through her hair and stood up then, muttering further to herself as she moved towards the door and around the telepath lingering. “Turquoise more than blue, just like lavender.” And then she chuckled, disappearing into the hall, the hints of her laughter peppering the air behind her.
03-21-2019
10:33 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-21-2019, 10:33 PM
[In-Character] [Post #78]
Benji couldn’t help but snort at her comment, noting which way her thoughts were going and he nudged gently against them with his own. Letting her know that he was more than willing to test that out after the mission. Taking in a deep sigh when she rested her forehead against his, it put him further at ease.

“I know that, Spark.” He said softly when she told him that she couldn’t sit here like a doll in a house. “I’m not asking you to do so.” Because he couldn’t. Didn’t mean he couldn’t worry though. This was dangerous, he was basically taking her into SentS territory.

It scared him. It did.

So, when she told him that he could shove her through a portal when necessary, to make him feel better he just snorted again and shook his head. He had learned from that. He could still feel her slaps.

“Yes. If necessary, we’ll leave together.” He told her. “I won’t leave you again, Kira. I promise.” He lifted her fingers from his chest and pressed his lips against them for a kiss. “I love you.” Benji told her softly, only for her to hear but he knew that the woman now standing behind him would have heard regardless.

He didn’t turn when Beth asked if Kira was alright, knowing very well that she must have felt him plucking her filter apart. He wasn’t sorry. It had been after all, Kira’s own request.

When a second voice piped up, he did turn and watched Wanda as she sprouted some of her more… eh… interesting talk. Frowning he had no idea what she was talking about, or well maybe half? No, a tenth? When she turned her attention on him, noting that he was better in his head he just smiled at her, giving a nod. She had picked that up, now did she?

More vague words and then she was gone.

“Eeeh, okay.” He really needed to talk to Vision about getting her brother out of that plane of existence. He should be able to be of better help now.

Standing up from his crouch, he pulled Kira to her feet as well and looked from her to Beth.

“Ready?”
04:34 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
03-26-2019, 04:34 AM
[In-Character] [Post #79]
It gave because she had wanted it to. Beth knew hiking a field around Kira’s head would only last for so long, and that it would come down sooner rather than later. The hope had been that Kira would figure out how to remove it from her mind herself, the capability was there, her body’s constant cellular regeneration would have corroded it away. The girl, at times though, seemed to question the extent of her own mutation, something that would evolve further, surely.

She felt Wanda half a second before she appeared, the sudden presence of another mind rubbing up against her own, regardless of how impervious the other’s mind seemed to be.

Considering the two other women in the room, she wondered what the Services had hoped to accomplish with her abilities. They seemed so fixated of stripping telepathy out the genetics of any mutant with it they could get their hands on in hopes of simply seizing complete control. But the likes of people like Kira, like Wanda, like Laura, they would have proven challenging to sway or hold. The placement of Benji on a playing board would only further tip scales. If the Services wanted power, they wanted those capable of manipulating and bending reality. That was where power was.

Disjointed thoughts fell forth to be made sense of in whatever regard each set of ears could manage. Black and white, then talk of being so very blue. Turquoise like lavender. There was an odd sense to the things Wanda spouted that tried to arrange accordingly to be interpreted. Perhaps once they returned from the wherever it was they were headed. Once they had the girl. Once she was away from SentS. She wondered if the girl was blue.

The moment Wanda slipped through the fabric of the world, leaving them a trio again, she shifted her focus away from Kira. Her mind could protect her, but that didn’t keep her thoughts completely locked in her head, not when they bubbled up in response to the man currently kneeling before her.

She watched Benji lift himself up to his full height, his hands around Kira’s drew the younger woman to her feet. It was still her opinion that bringing Kira along was…not the smartest plan. Yes, her abilities were useful, could potentially prove to be very much so considering what they were headed into. But she also posed the potential of being distracting. Still, she refused to argue. She had a goal in this.

So when Benji asked if they were ready and Kira gave a nod, Beth mimicked the motion.

“Show us the way, Mr. Richards.” It was almost reflex to for her kinesis about herself like shield. She sighed instead, her memories supplying the images of the guards at the compound she had been plucked from, their bodies leaving little more than sprays of blood in the wake of their sudden cessation of existence when she allowed her abilities to braid together.
03-27-2019
09:10 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
03-27-2019, 09:10 PM
[In-Character] [Post #80]
Taking in a deep breath, he nodded at Beth when she told him to show the way. Right. They were doing this. Another deep breath and he reached within himself, walking down the path that led towards the bright red orb that was still in his mind. It was dormant, only slightly pulsing when he drew closer. His own blue and gold shield wrapped around it for safety.

Benji breathed deeply once more and then dove through his own shield and into the red orb. Images assaulted him, pushing at him, making him see glimpses of the girl that had reached out to him for help.

It saddened him, making his heart bleed for her. This girl had never seen the day of light outside of the lab and the room she has been kept in. Everything learned through her telepathy. It made him want to hurt someone… badly. He dove deeper, gently pushing the images aside and finding that thread he needed to find her. To tell him where to portal too.

“There we go.” He said out loud softly, pulling out of the orb and focussing back on the two women with him in the room.

He looked at Kira, still wondering if this was the smartest move, taking her with him. But he knew she had to do this. Knew that she wouldn’t let him go alone. And he got that.

“I know where to go. They’re not keeping her at the compound we were held.” He told them, having picked up on the images she had implanted in that orb. She had lain out a complete map for him. Telling him exactly where she was being held, which cell, how many guards there were on rotation. He offered that information up to both of them. Sharing it mentally so they had a vivid picture of where they were going.

“Not many guards, but…” He sighed. “Not sure how updated this information is.” He shrugged at that.

A portal opened in front of them, and he went through first. The hallway was badly lit, and he came face to face with a guard. The man opened his mouth to shout but Benji used his TK and shoved the man forcefully against a wall, knocking him out.

Benji reached out then, letting his telepathy roam through the building and finding more than one mutant locked up.

There… He found the girl. He could feel her perk up when he touched her mind.

You found me. Her voice was soft, a smile pushed through their link.

Of course, darling. Just hold on, we’re coming. He told the little girl.