03:45 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Fred (F)
04-16-2015, 03:45 AM
Genesis OOC / Q&A [Post #1]
If you have questions, please ask them here and the staff will do their best to answer in a timely fashion. Please be sure to read through the game's guide to get a sense of what has changed. If it seems like something isn't covered, please ask about it!!
04-16-2015
03:53 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
04-16-2015, 03:53 AM
G:DOFP OOC #1 [Post #2]
The future is bright, if you're human. If you're not, you better act like you are.

Days of Future Past is a new setting. The world has been ushered forth 10 years into the future and it's not the most pretty of places. This new setting is still evolving, but we wanted to let players get a look at it while it is doing so. So please, veteran players head over and claim which characters you would like to keep and/or release, and decide their current state. Perhaps they're alive, perhaps they're dead, perhaps they're part of the Resistance. Maybe they're living on a deserted island. (that sounds kind of nice if there are margaritas and dancing)

Be sure to claim your faces and read the guide. There is one setting up and open and a few others in the works.
04-16-2015
04:38 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
Name: Stephen (M)
04-16-2015, 04:38 AM
Not exactly a question, but a suggestion: may we have a "Wanted" thread wherein a player may post that s/he is looking for another player to claim a character?

Example, my character may have a sibling, spouse, partner or archenemy currently in the not-taken list. I would then go to this thread, create a post asking for someone to claim character x and plot away with this other player about our connected characters.

I hope it made sense.

04-16-2015
04:42 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
04-16-2015, 04:42 AM
Can't say I felt like a change was coming - for a few weeks, all the forums were zeroed out of posts, except Thor's and Kitty Pryde's!

I wonder about Iron Man - would Sentinels chase after him as a threat to be exterminated or treat him as one of their own? He is baseline human gifted with superior technological intellect...

04-16-2015
05:17 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
04-16-2015, 05:17 AM
That, sir, is a nice suggestion. Let me toss it to the other staff members and get back to you!
04-16-2015
05:20 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
04-16-2015, 05:20 AM
Well, Iron Man is...dead. It's pretty sad.
04-16-2015
05:27 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
04-16-2015, 05:27 AM
That... is a convenient way of solving the question of how sentinels would react to him. Should we extend the question to War Machine/Iron Patriot instead?

04-16-2015
05:35 AM
Aquilae
counting stars
Supervisor
Contributor
04-16-2015, 05:35 AM
War Machine - being a type of "super" - would likely be considered a threat. Unless, perhaps, he aligned with the humans and was utilized as a protecting force, which would put him against the resistance. If Rhodes had remained friends with Tony, I would imagine he would be leading his life in a less than new society favored manner. It would be up to the interpretation of the player, really. There is some back story to Tony and why he is dead that I'm looking to put up a dossier file soon.
04-16-2015
05:43 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
04-16-2015, 05:43 AM
Thank you!

I've wanted to have someone play Rachel Grey to my Nate Grey. They both came from (in the comics) distopian futures, they'd belong in the game.

Further question: Are Sentinels in the game much like in the DOFP movie in which they could adapt to nearly or possibly any power known? I've read somewhere here that the abducted mutants' powers were used to improve the Sentinel's abilities.

04-16-2015
05:57 AM
Celestial
No More Hiding...

Contributor
04-16-2015, 05:57 AM
Aah, then not just because a character is a superhuman does it mean that the Sentinels are out to get him/her. That just applies to mutants, then?

And just to pick your brain one last time regarding supers that use technology: without their tech, they wouldn't be hunted by Sentinels by default. With their tech, if they didn't use it against the Sentinels or in support of the Resistance, then they are in the clear and Sentinels won't bother them?