Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Mutants] Untraveled Road [Lina / Lexie]

07-12-2019
06:16 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
07-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Untraveled Road [Lina / Lexie] [Post #1]
Untraveled Road

Lexie's first point of entry in this timeline was on a balcony somewhere in the city, tethered to her sister, it was only logical that she would direct her arrival near her. Unfortunately for her, she arrived right when her sister was in the middle of some ... busy time with a man that looked like an angel, with red wings.

Next stop the rooftop of the theatre, her old home for many years until it became too crowded. It was weird being back here, and Lexie has to figure out how to introduce herself without people going nuts... like her sister. It was a good thing that the building's defences recognised her, and thus giving her plenty of time to come up with a solid plan.

RULES
* For Lina [Chrissie] & Lexie [Ellen] initially. Crashing is allowed.
* It's currently March 2026
* All GENEsis and Board rules apply.
08:40 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
07-12-2019, 08:40 PM
[In-Character] [Post #2]
Leaning against the railing on the rooftop of her childhood home, Lexie frowned, trying to work through everything she had seen, said and done in the short time she had been here. The image of her sister naked was something she could have gone without, including that of her boyfriend. How long had she even been here?

Gabby had a boyfriend! Her vision hadn’t said anything about that, only told her that she would arrive shortly after her younger sister. Apparently almost a month. The timing had been a bit off, and she had arrived after all the action.

Lexie didn’t understand, her visions weren’t wrong.

Throughout her whole life she had predicted every step of the way, knew when things would happen and where. Sometimes she was able to prevent them, and sometimes not. Like with her father, a sharp jab in her chest made her gasp for air. Lowering her head, she shut her eyes tight, and ground her teeth together.

Images swam in front of her eyes, her dad laughing as he chased her mother who was trying to protect the tub of icecream she had secretly stashed away.

Groaning she shook her head. She knew that this would happen in the next half hour, and Lexie didn’t want to just barge in on that happy moment. How long would they have in this timeline?

Save them my darling daughter. Save your sister and father. Her mother’s words swam through her mind, the last thing she had said to Lexie before she had stepped through that time portal and had ended up here. In a place that was familiar but not.

Gabby had yelled at her.

Lexie had done something very uncharacteristically, she had fled after that shouting match, and now she was standing here.

Lost. The girl who saw everything but was blind in this moment.

“I should have planned this out better.” She muttered, looking back up at the sky and the sun that was slowly dipping down towards the horizon and colouring it in a red hue.
02:43 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
07-21-2019, 02:43 PM
[In-Character] [Post #3]
“Lina, he’s an idiot. I swear he’s no…”
“Oh, honey, that’s not why I left,” Lina cut in. She shifted the phone from one ear to the other, as she finally pushed the unpacked and thus empty suitcase into the back of her closet.
“But …”

Carly apparently had not expected that kind of response. Lina chuckled. “We kissed, we had a few drinks, we had sex. Not the worst night of my life – but seriously nothing to get all worked up about.” One handed, Lina slipped out of one piece of clothing after the other until she was eventually stark naked. “I left because there’s been some developments here that I need to look into.”
“Will you be back?” Carly asked. Carly was one of the residents of the Boston based rebel camp. She was a healer, in her early twenties. And she had gravitated towards Lina during her eight months stay since day one.

Lina knew why – even if Carly certainly hadn’t.

“Not anytime soon”, Lina declared, expecting the silence that filled the line between them subsequently. But Lina knew she couldn’t concern herself with that now. “Listen, Carls, I gotta go … I’ll call you, okay?”
“Okay”, Carly knew, as well as Lina, that the chance for a phonecall was slim to non-existent. That was how these things worked.

Lina rang off, and stepped into the small cubicle that had been converted to her bathroom. The shower was a quick one. When she pulled on yoga pants, a long sleeved shirt and a cardigan to go over it, Lina decided to just braid her long blonde hair instead of blow-drying it. Her stomach was complaining that food had not happened in over eight hours.

Twenty minutes later, Lina held a ham and tomato sandwich in her hands, chewing mighty mouthfuls as she sauntered through the foyer.

So, she thought. There had been news floating her way even to Boston. Things were happening in New York, and Lina had grown restless quickly. For the last years she had waited for them to appear – the idea that it was finally happening suddenly shook Lina out of a reverie she had so easily settled into. On quick and light feet, she snuck into Jaxon’s lab. No one occupied it at this point, so Lina just fired up the machines and switched on the screens.

It took her the better part of half an hour to find footage of not just Leif and Joy, but also Gabby … and even Lexie. The most peculiar thing about it was that despite almost ten years passing for her, none of them had aged at all. To her mind, in her memory, they had all been gone for so long – just that now it suddenly appeared like virtually no time had passed at all. Lina shook her head. For a moment, her thoughts swam. While she was quite capable of understanding and even manipulating even complicated time constructs and occurrences, right now she was overwhelmed.

For three years, she had played the waiting game. Lina had made herself one of these people. She belonged here now. Had a home here. There had been moment when forgetting her real intention and purpose at this time had been so easy.

Seeing the red-head on the screen, on the theatre roof top, right in this moment, was one hell of a wake-up call.

Lina forgot about her half-eaten sandwich parked next to one of the keyboards. She simply spun and dropped into running speed. She rounded the corners, took stairs three at a time as she made her way upward. Eventually, she neared the door that would lead her outside onto the roof terrace. The door nearly flew off its hinges as Lina pushed it open.

And there she stood. Over seven years later. Exactly the same as Lina remembered her.

“Lexie …”, she murmured at the oldest Summers offspring.

bury my heart next to yours
07-21-2019
06:09 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
07-21-2019, 06:09 PM
[In-Character] [Post #4]
Fuck, she was losing her nerve. She shouldn’t have come here, shouldn’t have travelled back but the things she had seen when she had been in her sister’s room, it had made her do exactly that. She had gone back in time, and now she was thinking it had been a mistake.

But then she thought of her mother, how she had looked at Lexie as she tried to explain why she had to go back. The devastation in her eyes when she realised that she would lose more than just her husband. Lexie couldn’t do that to her mother, couldn’t just sit there and let her sister die in the past.

And now she was here, and she had no idea who to go to.

Who to tell that everything was going to go to hell in the next few weeks?

Might as well get it over with, she thought, pushing away from the railing and turning around to go inside and find her parents. Surprise! Here’s your other daughter! If that wouldn’t put her mother into labour right on the spot…

The door flew open, startled she took a step back as a blonde girl stepped through and said her name.

She knew Lexie.

Narrowing her eyes she let them go over the blonde, taking her in, and familiarity poked at her. She knew the blonde, there was an already existing link between them and it sprang back to life, giving her the much needed information to identify her.

“Lina?” She couldn’t believe her eyes; she was looking at Lina Coleman but not the same Lina as she had left behind in her own timeline. No, this one looked older? How? No, she wasn’t going to question that. Everything was possible these days.

“You’re here, why? I mean…” She fell quiet, taking a step forward, not sure what to do. She wasn’t one for hugging, trying to keep people at a distance, but she really could use one right now.
10:09 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
07-21-2019, 10:09 PM
[In-Character] [Post #5]
Lina just stood there, her mouth hanging open as she stared at the familiar figure of a woman who in her mind was still well over ten years older than she was. Just that … that was no longer the case. Because being Lina Coleman, time did not move linear for her. She could take turns, cut across and let time pass no one else ever knew about. Lina had left a year after Alexandra. Just that Lina had never liked connecting two points with a straight line.

Anyone could do that.

And yet, this moment – this one here exactly. One she had been waiting for for three years now, it made her nervous. Did she even remember? Had teenaged-Lina even played any kind of role in her life? Especially given the role she played? Lexie was one of the most powerful of them. The oldest Summers offspring – it was a heritage that weighed heavily. It came with expectations.

All of them were fit to wear the moniker of Benji Richards.
All of them.

Surprise registered in the other woman’s eyes. Then she spoke her name. Lina breathed in relief and moved forward. She didn’t really care anymore whether she had played any role. What mattered was that Lexie remembered her. Here was a woman who knew who she was. She knew the real her, whatever that meant.

“It’s finally happening”, she spoke, her voice soft as she bridged the distance to the other woman and flung her arms around her. In this moment, it didn’t matter that they had never shared such familiar displays of affection. Lexie had been an adult then. Lina had barely left behind the wheel aids of teenagedom.

“You’re really here”, she said, feeling relief and dread at the same time. The stakes were high. Almost too high. And yet, the waiting was over. It was finally over – and Lina appreciated that the sign for just that had come in the form of one Alexandra Summers.

07-21-2019
11:31 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
07-21-2019, 11:31 PM
[In-Character] [Post #6]
Lexie always had trouble reading Lina, the girl had a natural resistance towards empathic and telepathic abilities, but she got a whiff of relief. The emotion probably running really strong for Lexie to be able to pick up on it. Which made her wonder why, what had happened to Lina? And how long had the woman been here? She was not that barely not teenager that she had left behind.

“What’s finally happening?” Lexie asked, frowning slightly as she didn’t quite understand, and she didn’t want to be rude and just sift through Lina’s thoughts. It wasn’t polite, as her father used to tell her. And then she remembered that she couldn’t even if she tried really hard. Hell, putting the girl into one of Lexie’s relays had been a challenge on its own.

And then Lina was hugging her, and Lexie froze for an instant. She never let people touch her, the intake of emotions was so much stronger when she touched people, but it seemed that Lina needed it. She waited, but nothing happened. No heightened emotions, so, Lexie wrapped her arms around the other woman and hugged her back. Hadn’t she been wanting a hug herself just moments ago?

“I am here.” Lexie agreed, frowning slightly when that whiff of relief got mixed with some dread. “What’s going on Lina?” She asked softly, pulling gently away from the hug so she could look at the other woman.

“I shouldn’t be able to read you but you’re broadcasting…” Tilting her head, this close Lexie could see it even better that Lina had aged. “And how come you look like, what… seven years older?”

She dropped her hands, not feeling very comfortable holding on to someone she wasn’t that familiar with.

“So, what’s finally happening?” She asked again, still puzzled.
08:08 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
07-27-2019, 08:08 PM
[In-Character] [Post #7]
Lina swallowed with momentary unease when Lexie pressed for what it was that was finally happening. While equipped with a natural automatic skill that kept mind and emotion readers at bay, her own mouth would often get Lina in trouble. She contemplated how much of her what’s and why’s were safe to tell the other woman.

Lexie pulled her upper body back a bit and scrutiny was clear in her face when she regarded Lina. She said something about Lina being broadcasting which worsened the sense of unease for the moment. Lina exhaled, making herself relax. Then she quirked her eyebrows. So she did look older. “Ummm…”, she started in response. “Left way after you”, she said. It was a bit of a white lie, right? “Then, I hopped around a bit for a while.” Should she be telling Lexie about having been here for three years?

“Haven’t you noticed?” Lina eventually asked, coating true intentions with brighter and more chaotic colours. “Everyone disappeared from the future”, she went on. “You all came here … and I’ve been curious to see why.” In her own mind, leading up to this point, the entire story had sounded much better. Here, and now, telling this to Lexie’s face, it was a weak little tale that sounded like only the half-truth even to Lina’s ears.

“But enough about me”, she pushed on. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Lina let her eyebrows shift northward just a little. “Are you okay? When did you get here?” It was a little hard to grasp even for Lina. After all this time, almost full thirty-six months, there were people in this world she actually knew. Whether they knew her she had yet to find out.

“Should we head down for some food? Or would you prefer a drink? You look like you could use one.” Lina shrugged, the fact that when Lexie had seen her last, Lina had barely been of drinking age did not go unnoticed.

07-30-2019
09:32 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
07-30-2019, 09:32 AM
[In-Character] [Post #8]
So Lina had left way after her, and then hopped around for a while? For some reason that didn’t feel right but she let it slide for now. She was just happy to find a friendly face in this place. It was hard to read her, some quirk of her genetics. Which was weird, since she had no trouble reading Lina’s mother or father.

Funny how mutations worked sometimes. Lexie snapped out of her thoughts and focused back on Lina who asked if she hadn’t noticed… Noticed what?

Oh, that. She had noticed alright.

“Yeah I did notice that. I followed Gabby here.” Lexie offered up, frowning slightly in how much she should tell Lina about the vision she had that had made her want to come back here. Should she tell her that she had seen her sister die?

Or tell her about meeting the woman who had brought her sister here in the first place. How much she had wanted to slap that woman for being so calm and collective. Things that Lexie should have been, but instead she had her inner Gabriel come out and she had flared hot and bright.

Nope, she wasn’t going to tell Lina just yet. Not when she was still working through the after math of that little get together.

But Lina was clearly done talking about herself and now wanted to know about Lexie, clearly she still looked frazzled, enough for the other woman to mention it. Well damn, what to tell?

“I’m fine. Really, just had a not so fun sibling encounter.” Lexie shrugged it off, she would talk to her mother and father in this timeline and see what they thought about the vision she had of Gabby dying.

“And I just arrived, so, food sounds great actually.” Because she was somewhat hungry, not even sure when she had anything to eat. “Perhaps something to drink to go along with it.” She mused, a small smile curling on her lips. “You really have grown up, haven’t you?” And with that sense, she looked at Lina in a slightly different light. The girl she had last seen was still trying to find her way in the world, but the woman she was now looking at had all gone through that.

“Okay, maybe make it a strong drink.” Lexie told her with a sigh. “I sort of need it.”

She stepped back fully, leaving just enough room to look Lina over and give her a grin. “Perhaps you can tell me all about that hopping of yours.”
04:14 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
08-22-2019, 04:14 PM
[In-Character] [Post #9]
Gabby. Lina pulled up her eyebrows. It had been so long for her. All of them – her whole life basically – she had left behind so many years ago. It was a blast from the past, despite that blast stemming from the future. Oh, time travel – how often did her own ability give her a serious headache?! Lexie brought her back to the situation with mentioning a fun sibling encounter. Lina wondered just how that had gone down given the sour look on the red-head’s face.

Eventually, Lexie agreed to food and Lina felt a smile bloom on her lips. Lexie’s expression mirrored her own. Though Lina was certain that ‘something’ would just not cut it. She would break out some of her own stash. Lina prided herself in being one of the few people in the theatre who didn’t need to dig into Victor’s treasure. She did have her own.

Then Lexie commented on Lina having grown up. She only shrugged. “I guess”, she offered as a response. There was not much to say. Lina doubted that this was the moment to reveal what lay in her heart of hearts, or how the past years had been for her. She still felt an undying sense of relief that the waiting was finally over – and yet, she hated that it felt like the endgame was on. It made her wonder what would come after it.

When Lexie agreed to a strong drink, Lina nodded and motioned towards the roof’s exist with her head. “I might have just the kind of drink you need …”, she mused, her voice soft and with a hint of teasing. Lina went ahead, heading back inside and then towards her room. She figured that maybe that was a better destination than the kitchen. After all, Lina was not dependent on anyone ordering pizza. Her ability gave her the ability included the ability to travel to different places. When she wanted food – she had a different variety in mind than just pizza.

Eventually, they arrived at Lina’s door. Pushing it open, she offered for Lexie to head inside first. Some of her luggage still stood where she had left it earlier. Lina didn’t care and climbed over it after closing the door behind them. “The kitchen doesn’t have strong drinks”, she offered in way of explanation. “But I do”, she smirked as she made her way past Lexie into her small but cosy living area. As one of the earlier theatre residents, her area looked more like a small apartment than most of the rooms did now. She had a living room, a bedroom, a small kitchenette and a bathroom. And after three years in this place, Lina did really feel at home here.

“Make yourself at home”, she said, offering the futon bed she had turned into a low couch. Lina snuck into her bedroom, and found her secret stash at the top of her closet. A bottle of gin. Some of the good variety. She emerged into the living room once more, placed it on the small wooden box that doubled as a coffee table and went to fetch two glasses she filled with ice cubes from the small refrigerator she owned. From the same machine, she pulled a cooled bottle of tonic.

She took a seat on her knees opposite of Lexie and started mixing the long drinks. When she was done, she pushed one glass towards the other woman and sat back on her heels. “Know what you’d like to eat yet? Pick anything…”, she said, once more that small tease colouring her voice.

She breathed in, then out – suddenly realising she was here with Lexie Summers. In whatever way she had dreamed up the ‘endgame’ beginning, it certainly was not in a room with this woman. Lina’s mouth was suddenly dry and in a reflex she lifted her glass. “To… you being here?” She suggested and clunked her glass against Lexie’s before taking a large mouthful of the deliciously sour and sweet drink.

08-25-2019
11:40 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
08-25-2019, 11:40 AM
[In-Character] [Post #10]
“Great.” Lexie grinned when Lina told her that she might just have the drink she needed. Following the other woman back inside and away from the roof, her senses got a bit overwhelmed. Tuning them down, she could already feel her mother, and her father. And then there was Tony. The smaller version of him. Sighing, she was glad to feel them, to have them back in her mind but she wasn’t ready to see them.

So, she tampered down the connection, but knew that her mother had already felt something. Curiosity came down the line and she grimaced. I’ll explain later. She told her mother, before the woman would come and search for Lexie. You sound like the adult version of my daughter. Caitlin Summers sounded curious but amused. It’s because I am. I will come find you and dad later. We need to talk. She pushed some reassurance through that line and her mother backed off, just enough so that she was barely there.

In the mean time she and Lina made it to her room, the door opened, and Lexie was allowed to enter first. She took it all in, it was like a mini apartment. A smile curled on her lips, it looked cosy and it told her that Lina had been living here for quite a while now. There were pictures on the wall, discarded items left and right, just to make it all Lina’s own place.

Which made Lexie wonder how long Lina had been here in this timeline. The door closed behind her and she turned to look at the not so young girl anymore. She explained why they were in Lina’s room and not the kitchen and she snorted. She could see that. Besides, she didn’t feel like running into people she might know and explain why she was here.

Lina told her to make herself at home and taking her jacket off, she dropped herself on the couch, letting out a deep sigh. Her eyes tracked Lina through the apartment as she was getting all the things together to make them a drink, and she felt at ease. More than she had in the last few years.

When her drink was fixed, she leaned forward and picked it up, staring at it for a moment when Lina asked her what she wanted to eat. Anything. It could be anything.

Looking at Lina then, a smile curled on her lips, seeing the other woman raise her glass, Lexie followed and clank it against hers in a toast. “Being here and finding lost friends.” Because she hadn’t seen Lina in a long time, and surprisingly it made her feel good to see her alive and well. She took her own sip and sighed contently. “This is good stuff.” She murmured, taking another sip.

“About the food… Burgers and fries?” She offered up, looking over her glass at Lina and having the sudden craving for a juicy burger.

“Has Benito’s Burgers opened up yet? They make the best ones of the city.” Or so her father had claimed when Lexie had been bugging him for getting burgers instead of tacos. She took another sip from her drink when her throat tried to dry up thinking of her dad. The fact that he was alive and well in this timeline didn’t erase the fact that she had lost him once. That she had to feel her link to him being snuffed out so sudden that she had screamed her throat raw. Tony the only one to get her to come back from insanity. “I can eat a bunch of them right now. I’m starving.” She told Lina sheepishly.