Midnight Shadows Guided Games GENEsis: DOFP Genesis In Character Days of Future Past [Mutants] Untraveled Road [Lina / Lexie]

09-20-2019
10:08 AM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
09-20-2019, 10:08 AM
[In-Character] [Post #51]
Was Lexie going to live that down? “Nope,” she quickly said, quite smugly so, grinning to herself. Her eyes, however, remained on the other woman. Lina didn’t understand why Lexie felt the need to cover her eyes. She had seen all of this – hell, she had probably licked most of this. Why act modest now? Privacy? Again … something Lina had not needed these past days. More than once she had barged into Lexie’s private space. Stealing kisses – or pushing her hand down the other woman’s pants. This momentarily made her throat dry. She swallowed and her gaze dropped to those black pants. She wanted to know whether Lexie wore anything underneath those.

Maybe those panties …

Lina swallowed, disappointment settling in her stomach when she saw the other woman head away from the foldout couch. Lina exhaled with a shiver when Lexie answered her question. She didn’t understand why Lexie was heading away from her then when that was how it should have ended. Lina gripped the pillow, drawing in deep breaths. Laundry detergent, fabric softener … but also, Lexie. It smelled like the tunic that the redhead had left that night.

Sitting up, Lina pulled her pillow towards her, pushed it against her stomach as she pulled her knees closer to her chest. Hugging that pillow she rested her chin on top of it.

“Why are you over there now?” she asked, her voice soft. Lina’s eyes followed the lines of Lexie’s body as she lay there beneath her covers. The dip of her waist, the gentle rise of her slim hips. Long legs under. Oh so very long and beautiful legs. She followed wild strands of red, wanting to dig her hands into that mane. “I don’t want you to keep a distance,” she murmured, despite being well aware that Lina’s own actions had probably brought that on.

bury my heart next to yours
09-20-2019
02:17 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
09-20-2019, 02:17 PM
[In-Character] [Post #52]
Lexie could hear Lina in the other bed, heard her shift and she wanted to push away the covers and ask her to come over, so they could finish what they had started. Instead she shifted enough so she could see Lina from her position in her own bed. The other woman was sitting up right now, knees up, chin resting on the pillow pressed between her legs and chest.

“Because it’s safer if there’s distance between us.” She whispered, her body aching too be touched by Lina. She needed to be touched by Lina and having her here in the room was making it so damn hard to not cave.

Sitting up herself now, she mimicked Lina and got one of the other pillows on her bed and looked at her, assessing, trying to figure out what it exactly was what Lina wanted from her. Lexie knew what she wanted but knew she couldn’t have it. No, shouldn’t have. Because if she gave Lina the chance, the other woman would be in Lexie’s bed within seconds and they would continue exactly where they had left off.

“But if I don’t, there will be a repeat.” Lexie continued softly. “I’ll trigger another vision, it’s how I work, it’s how my power operates.” It was a great thing to be able to get a vision on command, but it was quite another getting one unannounced when your emotions were up through the roof.

“I don’t keep this wall up for fun, Lina. It’s to protect you all.” And it’s why she had let herself go when she realised that Lina was able to resist her empathic powers. Thinking the other woman safe, that she wouldn’t be able to trigger that part of Lexie. But that had been a mistake by her own doing, she should have known better.

“What if the next one, and there’s always a next one, is so much worse?” What if next time she saw Lina dead?
02:53 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
09-20-2019, 02:53 PM
[In-Character] [Post #53]
“Safer,” Lina repeated and her tone was enough to indicate that she was not buying this. Lina was on a completely different page here. But maybe, and even Lina realised this, it was time to listen. She had done enough things. Now it was Lexie’s turn. Lina silently watched as the other woman sat up, mirroring her own position.

It was hard to stay where she was. It was in Lina’s nature to just try for what she wanted. Normally, she would have gotten up, headed over to Lexie and just snuck under her covers. Not out of spite, or to unsettle Lex. But because Lina generally had no qualms doing that kind of thing. If someone told her no, then … well, too bad. At least she could always tell herself that she had tried.

But something in Lexie’s expression told her to just sit this one out. Possibly mixed with the memory of so much hurt and pain on her face after the vision, after Lina had demanded she leave.

When Lexie continued, she spoke of a repeat and Lina couldn’t help but grin. Alright then, at least they were on the same page because a repeat was exactly what Lina wanted. The voice so soft, Lina let her eyes slide shut for a moment, imagining Lexie whispering tender things into her ear. Or hot things. Really, really hot things.

Another vision. Now here was something that had the potential to worry Lina. What would Lexie see? There were things Lina did not want her to know. And yet, Lina knew she had resistance to empathic and telepathic powers. Maybe if she were simply careful … pulled her blocks up in the right moments – maybe then …

Look at that, she thought. Little Lina Coleman trying to find reasons around not being with a woman. Little Lina Coleman who usually could walk away so non-chalantly.

For the first time in a long time, Lina did not want to walk away.

Lina shrugged at the question. “I will die eventually. So will you,” she simply said. What could be worse after all? “I know that not knowing my time of death is a blessing. Maybe you will change that … and if you do, then maybe we can use whatever time we have left and make the very best of it.” Lina sucked in a deep breath. “I’m sure it’d scare the living hell out of you … and of me of course … but I refuse to let fear of what you can and cannot do – or anyone else for that matter – dictate my life.”

She pushed to the edge of the bed, putting naked feed onto the floor. Lina looked at Lexie. A left eyes and a green one.

“What do you fear you’ll see? What do you fear will happen?”

09-20-2019
03:47 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
09-20-2019, 03:47 PM
[In-Character] [Post #54]
Lexie felt so tired, she had done everything by the book for so long. Had lived by her own set of rules and it had worked. For the longest time it had worked, until last week. Until she had let herself go with Lina. Nothing made sense to her anymore, the things that had always been set in stone for her had changed.

Where she had shunned people to the point that they avoided her, she now found herself drawn to this blonde who kept on putting her into Lexie’s personal space.

And Lexie liked it. Liked it a lot.

Lina tried to reassure her but talking about her death wasn’t really helping. Quite the opposite actually, but she was also making a point. Fear never ruled her life, not until her father had died. After that she had locked down even more, not wanting anyone close near her. Tony had yelled at her for being an asshat, for shutting him out. It had been so painful, but one by one she had started to push them all out.

It was so much better if she didn’t have to care.

But Lina made her care, had put a foot between a closing door and had kept it there, poking at Lexie until she would give.

It was just a matter of when, Lexie knew that. Knew that at some point she would give in.

Her eyes fell on Lina who had shifted, sitting on the edge of the bed now, much closer to Lexie than before. Her questions, it made her take in a deep breath. Should she tell Lina? Tell her biggest fear? She had been living with this for so long… in the end it was only fair that she told Lina, after all, she had seen Lina’s biggest horror.

“I was going through my dad’s stuff.” Lexie started softly. “I don’t even recall what I was looking for, but I found his wedding ring, mom had been giving him hell for losing it.” She swallowed, her eyes on Lina as she continued. “I picked it up, and I saw his death.”

“I found mom, told her what I saw, described it to the point and she looked at me in horror.” Lexie shook her head, could still hear her mother’s pained scream “He had gone out with Gabby, on a mission. Just before I found her, she had been talking to him but then they got cut off.”

“My mother figured it out before me.” Her eyes stung, not realising that she had started to cry. “I saw his death just seconds before it happened, there was nothing we could do to stop it.”

“I can’t have another one of those visions, can’t see someone die and be unable to change it.” She pulled her legs closer. “That’s what I fear, Lina. Seeing you all die, and not able to stop it from happening.”
08:27 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
09-20-2019, 08:27 PM
[In-Character] [Post #55]
Quietly, Lina listened to Lexie. It was riveting when she realised what it was she was telling him. Gabriel’s death. Her mind drifted to the version of him here. Younger, so much more hot-headed. Lina could see what Caitlin saw in him. All the Summers men had an odd kind of charm to them. If Lina like humans with dicks then maybe she would have had the hots for one of them.

But Lexie saw them all in a whole different way. Her father. Her uncles. Lina could remember when Gabriel had died. Lexie had gone from stand-offish to ice queen. Now, with this story to go with it, she could understand why. “Oh”, she murmured, and nodded. And yet, closing oneself off. Ok, maybe to a certain extent. After all, Lina had closed off part of herself much in the same way. But she would never push away people completely. One needed people for sex for starters.

“You’re not supposed to stop people from dying though.” Lina slowly lifted her shoulders in a careful shrug. “None of us is.” She swallowed, unable to turn back from this train of thought on her mind now but realising instantly how close to home it hit. “One moment your world is fine and in the next, someone dies. That’s life.” Hypocrite, she thought. Maybe Lina should listen to her own advice.

Lina was suddenly aware that she sat here … with Lexie Summers. And the woman was talking. She had just opened up about her greatest fear, her worst and most traumatising moment. Something inside of Lina clicked into place, a lock opened. It felt like her heart shifted forward, slipped onto her sleeve like she was saying here, take it. She swallowed, realising that if she ever wanted to know something, anything about this woman, now was the time to ask.

“Is this why … you are who you are?” Lina asked, then felt the need to explain.

“I remember you as someone always in control. No one would get a step closer to you than you allowed. No one. Not even Tony…” Lina licked her lips. “You didn’t do mushy, lovey dovey drama. You were like Gabriel … but without the impulse. Not prone to emotional response…,” she paused. “Lexie, there is a reason you made it to the top of the most-wanted lists even while your father was still there.”

Did she even realise this?

“Why do you see this as a curse?” Because that was what she did, no? She was shutting herself off from the world. She was hiding this version of her. No one saw the woman so gentle … the woman capable of apologising even when someone had been as mean and hurtful as Lina had been.

“You’re not cold. You’re not reserved,” Lina said, the conclusion hitting home. “You’re anything but. But no one knows…”

09-20-2019
09:10 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
09-20-2019, 09:10 PM
[In-Character] [Post #56]
“Then why do I have this wrecked ability?” She breathed out harshly. “Why let me have visions of the future if I can’t change it.” It didn’t make sense to her, in the past she had been able to change small things until her father had died. Then she had just closed herself off and not even bothered with the future visions anymore. Except when she had sex, then the visions had shoved themselves at her.

Her last bed partner had died days later, only because the girl hadn’t want to believe what Lexie had told her about how she would die.

“No, Lina, that’s not life. That’s hell.” She said on a whisper. Because she was done with people dying, the fact that she had been giving a vision about her sister dying and that somehow, she had managed to get back in time far enough to be able to stop it, said it all. But with all this time jumble inside her head, she didn’t know when it would come to pass. It could be months, but it could also be days.

Lexie took in another deep breath and looked at Lina with a small frown. She didn’t quite understand what Lina was getting at, and it must have shown because the other woman started to explain.

And she laid out who Lexie was to the tee. Lina pointed out how much she was like her father, but without the impulse and she had to stop the snort from escaping. Lexie had enough impulse, had been cursed with that particular Summers gene as well, except she had perfected it to an art to not act out on it… most of the time. And she made it to that list because she had thwarted SentS for years, always being a step ahead.

“How is it that you managed to prick through this mask so easily?” Lexie murmured, her gaze questioning. “You know, and my mom… but she is hard to fool.” That made her smile a little.

“She keeps telling me that each of her children has been gifted with the Summers gene for hot headedness and a lack of impulse control…” That made her sigh. “Even me. I just hide it better.” She straightened a little, and leaned against her headboard, dropping the pillow next to her.

“It’s not a curse, not really, it’s just a failure to stop whatever I see. And the only way to not get random visions, is to distance myself from the people I care about.” She gave a slight shrug, like it didn’t bother her, but it did. She had left the little gps blips, but she had severed the other links with her family, one by one. It’s why Gabby was so mad at her, why Tony couldn’t be in the same room with her anymore and the twins… Chris and Tom, god, she missed those goofballs. They, much like Lina, kept invading her personal space.
09:49 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
09-20-2019, 09:49 PM
[In-Character] [Post #57]
Lina listened. Cocky, mean Lina who was ways to just about make anyone do what she wanted them to do at least when it came to dating sat here and listened riveted. And more than ever, her heart bled. For this woman – so strong and regal. So distanced and far-sighted. Maybe it was a bit of a let down to find out that it was all no more than a great front. More so though, Lina felt regret. She wanted to shake her head, wanted to tell the redhead that she had it all wrong.

Then Lexie wondered out loud how Lina was pushing through her masquerade. Lina shrugged. “I’m just not buying your bullshit anymore.” Harsh, yes. True, also. Lina listened further, watched Lexie as she did speak the things she wanted to share. But for the first time, Lina could see that there was so much more she wasn’t saying.

“I don’t know why you’re seeing what you are seeing. I don’t believe in a higher power. I think you have what you have because genetics make us freaks.” She shrugged. “It’s fuckin’ random. Lex, consider this…,” Lina slipped onto her knees – not even realising that she was drawing closer to the other woman. “There’s no system here. We’re not meant to do this. That’s a whole lot of bullshit.” She sighed.

“Lexie Summers, do you really think that this was supposed to happen? That someone burdened you with this purpose? Leaving you alone to figure it out? What kind of bullshit is that?!” She threw her hands wide, indicating that it was serious, incredible bullshit. ”What if the sole purpose is because your blood jumps on the left foot instead of the right like the rest of us?” Of course that didn’t make sense.

“Or maybe … you’re the second coming … and you’re only to know, so someone knows. Fuck … no, sorry, I don’t believe in that kind of shit. I think it’s all a big hiccup. You’re not responsible to stop this. You’re just the poor soul who’s gotta witness it when it’s not happening. Maybe all you can do is tell the people you have visions to tell their loved ones good-bye … cuz fuck, I’d want my mom to say good-bye to me.” Lina swallowed, she didn’t even try to hide the fact that tears were pushing into her eyes.

She exhaled, stared down at the floor.

“I just can’t believe that you have this ability because you’re supposed to stop it from happening. That’s the one big constant in life. We all die. How are you to stop this…” Lina looked up, quirking an eyebrow. “Summers do have the megalomaniac gene, too.” She pushed forward, on all fours, and then just crawled up and onto Lexie’s bed.

She felt no need to ask for permission when she pushed her way under Lexie’s covers. She leaned her side against that of the other woman.

“But I understand that what you can do is scary as shit, and I’d like to hug you for it. A lot. Several times a day from now on.” She swallowed, closed her eyes. Lina pushed her arms around the other woman’s mid-section. When she spoke again she whispered. “I refuse to let you push me away.” She huffed. “Yeah I know I pushed first, but I’m over that … can we both be over that?” Her voice was low and gentle. She knew she had no right to ask, so it was more like a plea. For forgiveness, for a shot at whatever came after that.

09-21-2019
10:58 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
09-21-2019, 10:58 AM
[In-Character] [Post #58]
Lexie never was one to believe in a higher power giving them these powers, but she did believe that having a power to see the future, was something they should use to their benefit. Because deep down, she was like her parents, she wanted to save them all. Help them all, and what better way to do so than with her power?

“But we are meant to do this.” Lexie murmured. “We’re evolving as humans; this is the next step.” And that was something she did believe. Because she had been reading up on their history, and if SentS hadn’t risen to power, the world would have been populated mostly by mutants right now and the baseline humans would be in the minority. Lexie also knew that if they had a proper representation this wouldn’t have happened. Most of them hadn’t known what was happening. Abilities popping up, mutations that couldn’t be explained away… It had scared the humans.

And what do you do with the things you fear? You try to take them out of the equation.

Lina was ranting at her now, and Lexie felt amusement bubble up. The gloom that had tried to overtake her slowly being pushed to the back. It was refreshing to hear someone just tell her she got stuck with a sucky power and that it just as easily could have been someone else. Perhaps Tony could have been the twin who got the visions. Except, he had taken after their father.

She couldn’t stop the snort that escaped from her lips when Lina declared that perhaps she was the second coming. Much like Lina, she didn’t believe in that either. But she did feel responsible, because she couldn’t just sit back and ignore what she saw. “But you don’t understand… I’ve been able to stop things from happening.” Lexie told her quietly, hearing how there were tears in Lina’s voice now when she talked about saying goodbye to her mom.

“Then we have a difference of opinion on that matter.” Lexie said, when Lina told her she didn’t believe Lexie had her ability to stop things from happening. She did believe that she could stop things from happening. She had; the only fluke had been her father.

Lexie then noticed that Lina had crossed the room and was now in the process of crawling onto Lexie’s bed. She had been so engrossed in their conversation that she hadn’t even noticed Lina getting closer, and now the woman was sliding underneath her covers, her body warm against Lexie’s.

In response she slid herself down, pushing underneath the covers further and then an arm wrapped around her midsection. Letting out a shuddering breath, she closed her eyes. “I like hugs.” She admitted, something she had deprived herself off all those years. And lying here in Lina’s embrace, it opened the floodgates, and all sorts of needs she had refused herself were trying to take over.

She shifted then, turning onto her side so she was facing Lina, leaving not much space between them. “I’m scared, Lina.” She honestly told the other woman. Her own hand came up, picked up a strand of blonde hair and gently tucked it behind Lina’s hair. “Scared what it will do to me if I let you in.” And god, how much she wanted to let this woman fully in. Drop those walls and show her the real Lexie. The bubbly, fiery one, the one with impulse control, the one who loved to the fullest.

Lexie let her leg slip over Lina’s, pulling her closer so their bodies were touching, and it sent all sorts of delightfully shivers through her own. “You’re in my bed.” Lexie noted, her voice dropping a bit as she pushed herself closer to Lina, a slow smile spread across her lips. “I’m not pushing…” She licked her lips, heat flared in her eyes. “We should redefine the word pushing, because I can think of several things you would enjoy when I push…”
12:52 PM
Administrator
Magi General
Magi General
even if it hurts
Administrator
Contributor
09-21-2019, 12:52 PM
[In-Character] [Post #59]
When Lexie pointed out that they would have to agree to disagree on the matter of her ability meaning she was supposed to get into action about it, Lina shrugged. She could do that. “Still I think you’re putting too much weight on your shoulders. You’re not the second coming. You’re not born for this. You’re just the poor girl who got stuck with it. Doesn’t mean you have to lock yourself away from everything life has to offer.”

Yes, Lina was certain about this. Lexie had driven herself into a corner. She had probably given way too much weight, way too much significance to what she could do and thus what she thought she should do. It was time to lift that weight a little.

Slowly, Lina and Lexie were moving - bit by bit making themselves more comfortable and eventually ending up facing each other under Lexie’s covers, with Lina’s arm still draped across Lexie’s body just above her hips. She spoke of being scared and Lina felt her heart being squeezed. This fearless woman, rising to follow into her father’s footsteps … she lay here, no more than an arm’s length from Lina and she spoke of being scared. The sensation of the redhead’s hand tucking a strand of hair back behind Lina’s ear made her hold her breath.

“It might be the scariest thing both of us ever did.” Lina had a feeling it just might as she responded to Lexie telling her that she was scared what it would do to her to let Lina in. The idea itself gave her heart wings. The organ fluttered in her chest, or so it felt. Invisible little Lina Coleman … did she really have a chance to steal Lexie Summers’s heart?

She exhaled when Lexie pushed her leg over Lina’s. Lina was being pulled forward. The obvious was being commented on. Lina was in Lexie’s bed. “I am,” she said, her own voice dropping to a soft murmur. Then she mirrored the smile on Lexie’s face. She shrugged when Lexie spoke about not pushing or at least redefining the word.

“There’s plenty of ways to push. I like pushing.” Her grin widened. “I’m sure you’ve noticed that I can be plenty pushy.” Lina’s fingers traced the seam at the back of Lexie’s pyjama pants. “And I like the idea of you being pushy… if it’s me you’re being pushy with.” Lina’s heart stuttered then dropped into a much faster rhythm. What was happening here? This wasn’t her being her confident self - this was Lina asking for Lexie to open up to her. Suddenly she was nervous.

“I want to know what’s going on in that head of yours,” she went on, her gaze wandering back and forth between the blue and green one of Lexie’s. “I want to know every vision, every worry, every fear…” Maybe that was why Lexie had closed herself off. With only her mother to stick around when Lexie’s life was turned upside down. “I think if you’re convinced you belong into this lonely corner,” Lina continued. The corner Lexie put herself into out of fear what it would do to those around her. “Then it’s time someone pushed into the seat next to you.” Her eyes danced with amusement as if to silently ask you see what I did there.

“Now …”, she murmured. “Several things I’d enjoy when you push … I’d love for you to elaborate.” The grin on her face softened as the moment and what was currently happening between them somewhat swept her away. Fear had lanced through her then when Lexie had first seen the images of her family. But by now she was beginning to wonder whether Lexie could even hear the entire truth. For the first time, Lina wondered whether maybe she had found someone who could take the view out of her corner, too. That fear was transforming. Into the will to be close. The will to trust.

“Lex ... ,” she murmured, tasting the name on her lips and it was sweet. Then she pushed forward, her lips gathering Lexie’s as she cupped the other woman’s face with her free hand in a gentle, almost tender kiss.

09-21-2019
08:25 PM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
09-21-2019, 08:25 PM
[In-Character] [Post #60]
The scariest thing the both of them ever did. Lexie had to agree with that, because the longer she looked at Line, the certain she was that she couldn’t walk away from this woman anymore. Not that she wanted, her walls had come crumbling down, and Lina was wrapping her tendrils around Lexie in a fast but steady pace.

She couldn’t help but grin back when Lina did, talking about there being plenty of ways to push, how she liked pushing. Lina’s fingers brushed the seam of her pyjama pants, and it sent little delightful shivers up her spine, making her think of a few ways she could be ‘pushy’ with Lina. Lexie let her fingers travel down Lina’s arm, settling her hand on the other woman’s hip.

“Not sure you want to deep dive into my mind.” Lexie told her, but at the same time she wanted Lina to be able to see into her mind. The only ones she had ever let in were her mother and Tony. The latter only because he had that twin thing going with her. She couldn’t really hide things from him, even if she tried. Except he had given her the space she wanted and had allowed her to sever the link for as much as it had been possible.

“It can get pretty gruesome, pretty fast.” She tried to explain, why it wouldn’t be smart but Lina figured she had been in her corner alone for far too long. Needed someone in the seat next to her. Laughing softly at Lina’s word choice, Lexie let her fingers travel down Lina’s leg and back up in lazy strokes.

Lexie’s gaze travelled between Lina’s eyes, her own smile turned hungrily when Lina wanted her to elaborate on what she had said earlier about the several things Lina would enjoy when Lexie would push.

Her fingers started back on their upward motion, her name a sweet sound rolling from Lina’s lips, and then those lips were pushed against her own. The kiss was electrifying, gentle, tender even, and she more than happily kissed Lina back. She opened her mouth and welcomed her in, the kiss was unhurriedly, and Lexie didn’t mind. She was in no rush; they had all night for this.

She shifted her leg from above Lina’s, to push it between her legs, and then she let her fingers travel to the front of Lina’s pyjama pants. She let them slip beneath the waistband, and softly groaned when she remembered that Lina wasn’t wearing any underwear underneath. Her middle finger slid through her folds, the silken feel of it, to feel Lina already wet, it made her own core tighten in response.

Gliding through, letting her finger just push against Lina’s entrance, but not entering, she used her upper body to make Lina shift onto her back. Using her leg, she pushed Lina’s further apart, and then ever so slowly she pushed her finger into the other woman’s core.

Slowly she moved her finger in and out of her, broke the kiss so she could look at Lina, licked her lips, and there was the slightest sliver of fear that this would end in a repeat of the last time. “What if I get another vision?” She murmured against Lina’s mouth. Using her finger now to move up, up, up until she almost touched that most sensitive little knob.

“Will you throw me out again?” She then pushed her finger up against Lina’s clit, and started to rub it in gentle circles.