Midnight Shadows Announcements & Help The Graveyard Staff Introductions!

01-10-2007
12:04 AM
Administrator
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Coven: [7DA]
Style: Gotham
01-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Staff Introductions! [Post #1]
I'm Ellen, 26 years old yay me *coughs* ok it's not really yay but I'm trying to be happy about it So I'm from the Netherlands, people usually call me their crazy Dutchie, have no idea why maybe I should ask that soon Born and raised in the beautiful provence called Brabant and I reside in Rotterdam Lage Zwaluwe.

Ok my dislikes and likes I like to talk to a select group of people, even though my msn list is huge I seem to fall back on just a few people I really love to talk to. Than we have the RPG part of me, which I adore doing and than there's this part of me that's craving to start writing a book but yeah not having enough time to do that, now do I? So basically I'm an internet junkie doing nothing more then Chat on msn, rp my brains out, get on skype to have hilarious convo's, make websites, do graphics and well that's it really.

So I've been on several boards, mostly you could find me at CTP (sadly this board closed down after several years of being my first RP home) or HFC (my second home but it closed due to merging with this shiny board) I've been around on several others but lets keep it to these two

In real life I torment kids from 16 years and older by teaching them Flash, Dreamweaver, 3D Max, Photoshop & After Affects. I'm currently trying to get my Bachelor Degree in Teaching Graphic Media which is exciting and terrifying at the same time. You must know I hate doing homework

So that would end my introduction for today. I hope you will have a wonderful time here on MS and if you have any questions feel free to ask them because well we're here for that.
09:51 PM
Administrator
Magi General
No rhyme or reason
Administrator
Contributor
Name: Chrissie (F)
Coven: A7A
Style: Sovereign
03-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Wow, look at me, I am late.

Well, anyway, my name is Chrissie, I am 26 and I am from Germany. You may know me from Charmed: The Prophecy, The Hellfire Club or Supernatural: Seek The Truth. Normally I go by Daeva. I am a BA of Business Communication and atm I am doing my MA in that very field. I am highly interested in the online field, which is why I also know and practice my share of coding. I am currently working for a political foundation in Germany.

I love German cars, I love almost anything Fantasy, and I love RPing. I have a thing for Aussies, and English is the language that should have been my first. I hate small talk, and tinned pineapples. I love meeting new people and, whaddaya know, fresh pineapple.

I've been around boards for like four years now. I spent three running my own and I love what the owners and admins of this board put up here, so I am glad they have me. Treat them nicely and we'll get along

That's all about me. PM me any time.

TTFN.

bury my heart next to yours
11-01-2008
08:36 PM
two souls in a ghost town
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Nicholas (M)
Coven: WAR7ORD
11-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey ya'll - I'm Nick, 21, Vietnamese, and I'm from Texas. I'm a junior Design major studying areas in graphic design, industrial design, and architectural design. During the school year, my life consists of not having too much of one. If I'm not in class, then I'm at work or in the lab or studio. But it's all worth it because I'm following my passion! After school, I want to move to either New York or San Francisco.

Obviously, I love art and design, and pretty things. I think that's also why I love the supernatural and science fiction because in those kinds of worlds, things can be fantastical. Secondly, I love to role-play, although that has to take a back seat on my list of priorities more often than not. In recent years, I don't get to watch a ton of TV, but Top Model and Project Runway are my favorites. Old favorites were Charmed, BtVS, Alias, The OC, etc. Food and sweets = hobbies. Love to eat and love to try to cook. If I had a super power, it would be to teleport. Corny stuff makes me laugh the hardest, too. [What did one plate say to the other plate? Hey, lunch is on me!]

I think it's important to take risks and chances and not to have any regrets! I guess it's kind of cheesy, but I'm a pretty idealistic/romantic person. Friends and family are extremely important to me, and I'm thankful for that. Hope this gives ya'll a good idea of who I am.

money, power & glory
I wanna take you for all that you got
08-27-2012
12:41 PM
burning bright
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Gina (F)
Coven: DE
08-27-2012, 12:41 PM
So, hello! As the rest of the current staff may finally make use of this thread, now is as good a time as any for me to post here! On MS, I've seen my share of the workload. I've loved being an RPG Manager and on the staff side I've already gone from Blood Runner to Death Dealer. I may be one of the quieter staff members but I'm always a PM away for anyone that has questions or anything else they want to raise.

I'm Gina and I'm a workaholic. Yep, it's true. People on MS even called me crazy! At one point I had 4 jobs at the same time. Currently, I have 2 jobs. There's nothing I hate more than having nothing to do - I like being busy! Looking ahead to the career I want to do for the rest of my life, I really couldn't say. I've done a lot of office work - from general administration to management - and that's something I enjoy because I'm excellent in remembering small details and being organised enough to cope with the ever-changing demands. Beyond that? I have no idea. I guess I'm happy enough just to go with the flow.

Put any book in front of me and I'm happy. If I had to choose though, I tend to opt for crime novels: Patricia Cornwell has been a long-term favourite (every year, her latest Kay Scarpetta novel is top of my Christmas list - it's practically tradition now - and I have the last 8 novels in hardback), and Tess Gerritsen and Linda Fairstein complete my top 3 of the crime writer genre. Beyond those, I fully recommend Robert Crais, Kathy Reichs and Harlan Coben. If I really wanted to get started, I could bore you with a list of names. I'd love one day - in the right house with enough space - to have a room dedicated as my personal library. There's nothing better than a good book to pass the time.

In no particular order, the list of tv shows I watch: Grey's Anatomy (I like this but it's becoming overshadowed by how much Meredith annoys me these days), Castle, NCIS, NCIS: LA, Rookie Blue, Doctor Who, Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Covert Affairs, Hart of Dixie, Nikita, Warehouse 13, Cougar Town... I probably could go on but I'm sure that's enough for a shortlist.

By all means, if you want to talk books or find out anything else, ask me!
08-28-2012
07:24 AM
Weak Fantasy
Supervisor
Contributor
Name: Todd (M)
Coven: DEvil
08-28-2012, 07:24 AM
So, here's the thing. I'm really bad at introductions and I make no bones about that. I mostly sound scripted or as if I'm some stuck-up jerknozzle that needs to get over himself, but that's not me in the slightest.

My name is Todd and I am 21 years old. I am a Blood Runner here, which makes me a Moderator. Scary, right? I'm also a Warlord in Wrestling With Demons, which really is scary. But, behind my scary title and my demented characters, I like to think I'm fairly approachable. And I'm forever the neurotic one so even as I type this, I'm thinking about those times in my life when I wasn't approachable. OH GOD. But in all seriousness, you can PM me about just about anything and I'll be happy to help you out.

I am from North Carolina, in the United States and I am still living here, much to my own dismay. I really wish I could get out of here but the realities of moving dictate that I must be a bit more financially stable and a bit less uneducated.

That isn't to say I'm uneducated, but I am! Well, sort of. I finished high school in 2009 and took a few years to see how the world works and see if I could make it. To make a long story short: life sucks, get a helmet. It was this year that I decided to go back to school and see what I could do from there. I'm pursuing a transfer degree at a local community college so that I can eventually complete a bachelor's degree at a university. This is all very tentative, though. My dream job would actually be makeup artistry but it's one of those industries that's tough to break into and I am trying very hard to build my confidence with it. I am very, very busy, all the time, but this board (and especially one of the games here) and I have history.

I was a member of the WWD when I was 13 years old. Yep, that's right! I've been doing this for 8 years now and it's never let me down. All my life, I've needed some sort of outlet for my frustrations that seem to boil to the top in my mind. I have so many thoughts in my head that I had to find a place to put them. Channeling them into my characters feels like a blessing and I love RPing. I'm also a huge lurker in EC. I promise I'll get around to posting there eventually... I hope.

For shows that I watch, I'm really into just about anything supernatural/fantasy/etc. I watch Teen Wolf and True Blood, for the supernatural aspect. Game of Thrones helps me punch my fantasy card. I'm also down with Grey's Anatomy and 2 Broke Girls. I don't have a ton of time for television, though. It takes me forever to even make myself sit down and catch up on my shows. And once I'm caught up, I groan at how long it took me to watch it. (You'd think I'd pay attention to the little timer when I use the DVR.)

Musically, I'm into just about anything. Marina and the Diamonds owns my life, though. New Years Day are my favorite rock band right now. I'm down with some brand new Get Scared music. Yet, I'm partial to Adam Lambert and that new Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen song that's on the radio. Seriously, most people that go through my iPod worry that I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, but I don't. At least, I don't think I do.

And in closing... I never mind being approached for information or questions or plots or anything. If I can't help you out then I'll let you know as promptly as possible and try to make suggestions for other option. I really love this board and I like making sure everyone feels at home here. This board is like, the home where I keep my second family. In a sane way, though.

(PS - You guys are a really hard family to hug. My monitor feels cold when I try to hug you through it.)
08:14 PM
You're familiar...
RPG Manager
Contributor
Name: Mari (F)
Coven: A7A
09-28-2012, 08:14 PM
I always feel like I'm in AA when I need to do these introductions: Hi, my name's Mari, I'm an RPG addict.

But yes, my name is Mari (or for those few of you who want to have a go at mispronouncing my name: Marijke), and I actually am an RPG addict.
I've been a member for longer than I remember really, stemming from a day where WWD was still a part of Charmed: The Prophecy, or C:tP as most of you know it. And WWD is where my main focus is (though recently I've been more involved in EC as well). I've gone from being a Guide and now a Warlord in WWD, climbing up and down the ladder in that game. And have been offered a chance to broaden my focus to the board now as well.
I absolutely adore writing, and I adore reading other people's posts as well. They don't necessarily need to be book long posts, I find that a good story can captivate and keep me reading regardless of the length of a post. Writing, for me, has always been and always will be an outlet to that extent that my personal emotions will often shine through in my characters' mood. You want to know how my day's been? Read something I wrote during that day!

Much like Gina, I'm among the quieter staff members: combining this with a full time job and a household with two little girls running around. But I'm always around and more than willing to listen and help with whatever I can.
I have a nearly 5 year (Tessa) old who's too smart for her own good, and a 16 month old (Emmelien) who is a little bandit and always up to no good. But the both of them manage to wrap me around their little finger with a simple smile. I admit, my mother heart melts easily.

In between managing the work rosters of Belgium's largest train station's personnel (yes, I like to brag, though living in Belgium's nothing to brag about ), and managing a household with two rugrats and a scatterbrain husband, I do find time to read: I am a fan of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, and the Dean Koontz books that have Odd Thomas as a main character can definitely captivate me too. But I can jut as easily enjoy reading Dante Aleghieri's poetry, or his Divine Comedy. Currently I'm rereading George Orwell's 1984.

TV-shows? Yes please! Some Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, The Big Bang Theory, Once Upon a Time,...
And I have quite a collection of anime too.

Movies? Every now and then (quite often on the TV while I have my laptop on my lap, watching the TV with one eye and the laptop with the other), I won't deny I like a good chick-flick every now and then. A bit of feel good never killed anybody. But I quite like something action packed as well. No fan of horror (movies like Saw, 13 ghosts, Hostel,... that sort of stuff), I'll watch those movies but I can't say I find it useful filling of my time

Well, that's about it I think. I've surely left out a lot. There's 33 years worth of things to talk about but I'll spare you the boring stuff