Midnight Shadows

Midnight Shadows   \   Announcements & Help   \   Blood Lust   \   Slow loading speeds

Unforgiving
Kiss the Sun at Night
Contributor
Name: Jono (M)
Style: Purgatory
Slow loading speeds
I've been having this problem for a few days now, and I'm picking its actually something minor.

On my mobile, when I use both mobile.midnight and the normal midnight forum on my home wireless speeds are relatively good. Everything loads quick and I can post and reply as fast as my phone allows.

On my laptop, same wireless connection everything to do with MS seems to go slow. Loading the page, logging in, every time I try to view a sub-forum, open a thread, reply to a thread all takes a lot of time.

I'm using firefox browser, I've tried clearing cookies and clearing everything on firefox and starting again. Cookies are enabled, so I'm at a loss. Can anyone recommend what else I try to make viewing the site less frustrating? I've also tried mobile.midnight on the laptop, and its equally as slow, but what ever is causing it only seems to effect Midnight Shadows, and non of my other browsing is effected.

Thanks in advance

02-09-2013, 12:39 AM
Balenciaga
Bloodshadow
Wanderlust
Contributor
Name: Will (M)
Well the site has been laggy in general at some parts of the day so it could be that whenever you go on your laptop, you just had bad timing and the site was running slow.

When you say you cleared everything, did you clear your cache as well?
head stuck in a cycle, I look off and I stare.

02-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Unforgiving
Kiss the Sun at Night
Contributor
Yep, cleared Cache and Cookies...

02-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Balenciaga
Bloodshadow
Wanderlust
Contributor
Only other thing I can think of is resetting your modem/router. =/

02-09-2013, 02:38 AM
Unforgiving
Kiss the Sun at Night
Contributor
Yeah, have done that on numerous occasions because of phone problems, but you would have thought if that was the problem then I'd get it on all the sites I visit, not just MS?

In regards to the time thing, I've visited at the same time on my phone, and laptop and had the phone going much faster. At the moment, its happy and on normal speed. Just a weird problem :S

02-09-2013, 03:14 AM
Balenciaga
Bloodshadow
Wanderlust
Contributor
Hmmm, the situation is very similar to something that happened to a member on a site that I was admin on but the things mentioned helped. The only reason I mentioned resetting the modem/router was because sometimes only some sites are affected instead of all, similar with cache.

Wish I could be more helpful, but I guess Ellen and Chrissy might have a better idea as to what you can do. Certainly is strange though.

02-09-2013, 04:01 AM
Six Degrees
Renegade
50 Ways to Say Goodbye
Contributor
Name: Bing (F)
I usually find the site loading a little slower during the late afternoons (which would be evening your time). I also randomly run into database errors every now and then. I just figured it was just the usual time that the site does maintenance, etc.

If it's not limited to certain hours of the day, though, then it might be some other problem.
My pride still feels the sting
You were my everything
Someday I'll find a love likes yours.

02-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Thor
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
I am known to the problems Bing is describing, I have been working with the host to get these fixed. These problems always happened at 0.30am GMT+1 and usually lasted for an hour. However these have not been happening for a few days now (I know because I actually stay up to monitor this).

However the way you are describing your problem I actually think it is on your end and that is most likely something we can not fix if all those things Will told you to do are not working.

Can you give me specific times as to when this occurred? Have you tried another computer around that time? Another browser? Other internet? Have you asked others around that time if they experience the same problem?
Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end,
if not always in the way we expect.

02-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Targaryen
Magi
Fire and Blood
Contributor
Name: Kieran (M)
Style: Sovereign
I'm finding that at times the site is either slow loading or doesn't respond/connect at all.

This has happened during the evening time here in the UK for me, and has happened whilst on a different WiFi network and also on an iPad.
So this is farewell, the fight's final bell and I fall where I stand.
So give me your last hand, 'cause this is goodbye.

02-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Thor
Renegade Elder
Breakdown at the Core
Contributor
Name: Ellen (F)
Style: Gotham
Originally Posted by Thor View Post

I am known to the problems Bing is describing, I have been working with the host to get these fixed. These problems always happened at 0.30am GMT+1 and usually lasted for an hour. However these have not been happening for a few days now (I know because I actually stay up to monitor this).
as I said above your post.

we are aware of these issues and we are working with the host to resolve them. Sadly we still have not find the problem that causes these issues and therefore we ask of your patience in these matters.

However this is not related to what Jono is describing, hence me asking him when he has the problems he is describing.
Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end,
if not always in the way we expect.

02-10-2013, 01:19 AM